Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

{{ JMD Nursery - Do Not Post }} by ElementStar

Based on Click to view
Artist ElementStar [gallery]
Time spent 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

{{ JMD Nursery - Do Not Post }}

Postby ElementStar » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:51 am

═══════════════════════════════════════
Main Adopts | Fanclub | DeviantArt | Ask.fm | Archive
| Rules | Guide To JMD Genetics |
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬

[[ DO NOT POST YET ]]

Welcome to the Jewel Mane Dragon Adoptable nursery!
This is where you can grab breeding slots for your JMDs who are mated, so they can have children of their own! JMD couples of any and all genders are able to breed, unlike many creatures humans have come to know. Litters vary in size from 1-3, although having triplets is very rare. There are no identical siblings, so every JMD baby will be unique!

Read the rules before submitting a form! Artists will post with openings as they see fit.

Code: Select all
[center]Username(s)::

Parent #1 Name::
Parent #1 Ref:: [image or link]
Color Codes:: [if available]

Parent #2 Name::
Parent #2 Ref:: [image or link]
Color Codes:: [if available]

Artist::
Previous Breedings:: [if applicable]
Other:: [mateship proof, items used, trait requests*, etc.][/center]

* -- Artists are allowed to take minor trait requests, but are not required to act on such if included in the form. Edits, special traits, future jewel colors, or litter sizes may not be requested. Only one request is allowed per form, if the artist is open to requests.
Last edited by ElementStar on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ElementStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{{ JMD Nursery - Rules }}

Postby ElementStar » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Please follow the given rules for the nursery thread.
Breaking the rules will result in one of the following: warning, strike, or blacklisting.

x
x
    ‣ All of Chicken Smoothie's rules and the main thread rules apply.

‣ JMDs must be mates for one month before they are able to breed. You cannot submit tickets until 30 days have passed since the JMDs became mates.

‣ Any type of couple may breed. MxM, FxF, MxF, NxN, etc. So long as the JMD is not infertile and has unused breeding slots, they can breed. However, the artist has the right to decline certain tickets if they feel the need to. Poly JMDs may also breed with respective forms.

‣ There is a one month waiting period between breedings. If you post another ticket before the one month (30 days) is up, the ticket cannot be accepted.

‣ JMDs can only breed 3 times each! Once a JMD hits three breedings, any further tickets will be void. More breeding slots can only be obtained with items.

‣ Inbreeding is not allowed, so no relatives can be mates.

‣ Only full-grown adults may breed. PPS JMDs with adult mentalities (which is abnormal, most PPS JMDs will have child mindsets!) may have mates, but cannot breed.

‣ Triplets can only be obtained with a special item, and twins must be rolled for. Do not try to beg, bribe, or guilt-trip the artists into making a certain number of babies for a breeding. You may ask for one baby if need be, but that's it.

‣ JMD babies will have uncolored (gray) jewels until they reach adulthood and "earn" their jewel color. Jewel colors are hereditary, and will be passed from the parents. The artist will determine how the jewel is colored for the baby or babies of the breeding.

‣ Only the user(s) who own the parents may post the breeding ticket.

‣ Traits will be rolled with a randomizer and based off of the genetic guidelines. Trying to get around this rule will result in the ticket being voided. Items can be used to guarantee certain traits, but special/event traits MUST be rolled for. If the original artist of a JMD states that a certain trait cannot be passed, the chance is an automatic zero.
Last edited by ElementStar on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ElementStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{{ JMD Nursery - Guide To JMD Genetics }}

Postby ElementStar » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:34 pm

The following guide is used by the nursery artists and define the rules of JMD genetics.
Questions regarding genetics can be posted or PMed to ElementStar. You may also use the Ask.fm site if you would prefer to send an anonymous question.

Go here for percentages for poly breedings.

All percentages use the random.org randomizer with the min. at 1 and the max. at 100
    example :: a trait with a 40% chance compared to default needs to get 1-40 in the randomizer

‣ Litter Size
    - - JMD litters range from 1-3 babies. However, triplets can only occur with the use of the respective item.
    - - - - Twins have a 25% chance to occur. Otherwise, the breeding will result in a singular baby.

‣ Jewel Colors
    - - The jewel color of a baby will be based on the parents' colors and powers. If both parents have the same jewel power, it is a 100% chance to pass to the baby. Parents with different jewels pass the type with a 50% chance. The specific color and design of the jewel is up to the artist, and should be based on those of the parents. If both parents have single-color jewel, so will the baby.
    - - - - Jewels can have multiple colors, but only one type! ex: a white jeweled JMD has a jewel with a design that is white with blue swirls. White is the main color and jewel/power type. The blue does not effect the powers of the JMD and is merely decorative. Jewel glow almost always is the same as the color. If the baby has a different jewel glow or a jewel glow trait (ex. sparkle, glow shape) then the artist will say so in the description. ALL JMD babies have blank (gray) jewels that hold no power.

‣ Special Jewels
    - - If one of the parents has a special jewel power or jewel trait, it has a 3% chance of passing, but the power will be "diluted" in a way. The owner of the JMD with the special jewel may request that the chance be shifted to 0%. If both parents have special jewels, the chance remains the same.

‣ Hair Edits
    - - If one of the parents has a hair edit, it has a 50% chance to pass onto the baby. If both parents have hair, it's has an 80% chance to pass.
    - - - - If hair is passed onto a baby, the style and length should reflect the parents! (ex. if a long-haired JMD has a baby with a JMD without a hair edit, and the baby rolls for hair, it should have medium-length hair or short hair) However, the artist may do what they see fit with the hair edit, so long as it is reasonable. The style should not differ too greatly from the edits of the parents, unless an item is used in the ticket or afterwards.

‣ Fur Edits
    - - If one parent has edited fur, it'll have a 35% chance to pass. If both parents have edited fur, it'll be around a 65% chance. Fur edits will be based on the edits of the parents, and some edits are more likely to pass than others. If edits are rolled and one parent does not have fur edits, the edits will likely be smaller or in fewer places, like diluted versions of the other parent's edits. (ex. extra chest fluff is more likely to pass than full curly fur)

‣ Wing Edits
    - - Wing edits are very rare! Wing edits are usually type changes, such as feathered wings or insect wings. Edits like scars or tears are not hereditary.
    - - - - Feathered wings are at a 15% chance to pass. Insect wings are at a 10% chance to pass. More will be added as new types are discovered, but will always remain rare.
    - - - - - - Certain wing types are exclusive! An example of this would be Icarus' wings, which are large angel/feathered wings. In cases like this, other types of wings may be passed as lesser versions of the parent's wings. These generally have a 5-15% chance, depending on the wings. (ex. Icarus is the only JMD with angel wings, but if a child rolled for wing edits, they would have feathered wings instead.)

‣ Miscellaneous Edits
    - - If an edit does not fit into one of the previous categories, the percentage will be determined by the owner (ElementStar) or staff as a whole. Percentages will fluctuate depending on the size of the edit and what it is.

If the original artist states that a trait may not be passed, it will not be rolled for.
Last edited by ElementStar on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ElementStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{{ JMD Nursery - Extras }}

Postby ElementStar » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:43 am

xXx

This post will be used for any extra bits we may need.

NOT APPLICABLE AT THIS TIME

xXx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwe watch from the stars
ImageImage
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════╗
[ Just your friendly Element, here! I'm an aspiring digital artist, and
my work is mainly posted on my dA. Contact me there if you are
interested in my work! Art above by Peace&Colby and foreign.potato
Art below by Sixbane, Leodrolf, and TrollishTheTroll on DA ]
[ links tbd ]
ImageImage
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════╝