Based on Click to view
Artist SilverBell90 [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Trick or Treat: Costume Adopt

Postby SilverBell90 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:24 am

So here's my first Halloween themed adopt! I'm so excited to make more of these XD. Thanks for letting me be a part of this neat event Seren c: . Trickers and Treaters can both try for this one.

To win this Mayan themed horse, fill in the form below.
Tell me his personality.
Give me an interesting story about his past.
Make some art (must be done by you!) of him. Possibly related to his culture.
You can NOT reserve posts. You can edit 3 times. You may prettify your forms but no extras.

This adopt has 2 braces on a front and back legs, and face and body paint.

Code: Select all
Username:
Show name:
Barn Name:
Breed: Thoroughbred
Color: Classic Champagne
Personality:
History:
Art: (Has to be made by you, more effort = more points)
Give me an interesting fact on Mayan culture:
Last edited by SilverBell90 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trick or Treat: Costume Adopt

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Username: ScarletFeather11
Show name: Ancient Warrior
Barn Name: Mayan
Breed: Thoroughbred
Color: Classic Champagne
Personality: Mayan is very quiet despite his energetic breed. He prefers the silence around him along with messing around with the other quiet horses on the farm. He as well tends to keep to himself when around a large group of horses. He doesn't like being cramped in a group and due to being very quiet, he just isn't very interesting to the few friends he has. Being this way is what makes him not a crowd-enjoyer. WIP
History: WIP
Art: (Has to be made by you, more effort = more points) WIP
Give me an interesting fact on Mayan culture: WIP
✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
My Riverbank Hollow Morgans
My Cottonwood Horses Cottonwood Ranch My Running Bear Tolters
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostbite18 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:24 pm

ImageFrostbite18
ImageMayan Treasure
Image Pakal
Image Stallion
ImageThoroughbred
Image Classic Champagne
Image Pakal is the most loyal horse in the world, unfortunately this mainly only applies to one person, being Nyra. He is incredibly kind on the ground, so long as you are kind to him. He is a little hot to ride, though he settles down nicely for Nyra. He is very smart, making him a great show horse as he learns and retains all the things he is taught very well and very quickly. He was mainly used for racing when he was younger, but Nyra retired him not too long ago, not wanting him to break down seeing as he didn't have the best start as a foal. He is now used for almost everything, extreme cowboy, some dressage, jumping and even a little bit of cattle work for fun.
Image Pakal had a rough start. He was born early and his mother rejected the small,sickly foal. The breeder were enraged as the stud fee to get this foal was quite expensive. Not willing to put the time that would be needed to possibly safe the foal, the breeder demanded that the barn hand who was there, do away with him. The barn hand was woman named Lyra and she couldn't bear the thought of destroying the little colt without him ever even getting a chance. Lyra searched through the night for someone who would take the colt, calling and mailing any racing and or rescue barns she could find. No one wanted him and things were looking bleak for the colt, until Lyra received a callback from Night Thorn Ranch. Nyra, the owner of the ranch, said she would come and get him immediately. The breeder was unsure at first, until Nyra offered him $300 for the colt and he realized that was the most he would make off the sickly thing. So Nyra gently loaded the colt into the back seat of her truck and headed home.

The first few weeks things didn't look so good and everyone told Nyra he wouldn't make it. Nyra could see the fight in the little colts eyes, a fire that refused to be stamped out. She found colostrum to give him from one of her mares who had recently foaled. Nyra was with the foal almost all the time, feeding him at the appropriate times and making sure he stayed warm. Slowly but surely the colt got better. Nyra couldn't help but thing he had the look of a king, her little treasure. She decided to name him Mayan Treasure, because she had just recently taken a trip and toured many of the old Mayan cities. His colour had reminded her of the golden brown walls of many of the beautiful structures.His barn name, Pakal, came to Nyra as she recalled the grand tomb she had visited. The tomb had belonged to a king named Pakal, and Nyra couldn't help but notice that her colt had a very kingly nature to him.

As Pakal grew, Nyra could see his potential showing through more and more. He would not be just some orphaned colt who wasto weak to ever do anything, no he would be a star. Nyra started him in low level race training when he was 1 and a half. He progressed with flying colours, seemingly loving to run. He was entered in his first race at 2 years and 3 months. It was a close one but in the end Pakal dug in and manged to win. Pakal raced many times after that, retiring with an almost perfect race record of winning 15 out of 17 starts. Though his racing days are over, Pakal is far from out of the spotlight as Nyra continues to show him in many disciplines.
Image WIP

Image There is a Mayan city called Copan in modern day Honduras. It is know for an amazing site called the "Temple of the Hieroglyphic Stairway" which is pyramid kind of structure with over 2,000 hieroglyphs on 63 steps. "The longest ancient Maya inscription known to exist and appears to tell the history of the city’s rulers." From LiveScience.com http://www.livescience.com/41781-the-maya.html
Frostbite18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverBell90 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:14 pm

Frostbite18 wrote:

ImageFrostbite18
ImageMayan Treasure
Image Pakal
Image Stallion
ImageThoroughbred
Image Classic Champagne
Image Pakal is the most loyal horse in the world, unfortunately this mainly only applies to one person, being Nyra. He is incredibly kind on the ground, so long as you are kind to him. He is a little hot to ride, though he settles down nicely for Nyra. He is very smart, making him a great show horse as he learns and retains all the things he is taught very well and very quickly. He was mainly used for racing when he was younger, but Nyra retired him not too long ago, not wanting him to break down seeing as he didn't have the best start as a foal. He is now used for almost everything, extreme cowboy, some dressage, jumping and even a little bit of cattle work for fun.
Image Pakal had a rough start. He was born early and his mother rejected the small,sickly foal. The breeder were enraged as the stud fee to get this foal was quite expensive. Not willing to put the time that would be needed to possibly safe the foal, the breeder demanded that the barn hand who was there, do away with him. The barn hand was woman named Lyra and she couldn't bear the thought of destroying the little colt without him ever even getting a chance. Lyra searched through the night for someone who would take the colt, calling and mailing any racing and or rescue barns she could find. No one wanted him and things were looking bleak for the colt, until Lyra received a callback from Night Thorn Ranch. Nyra, the owner of the ranch, said she would come and get him immediately. The breeder was unsure at first, until Nyra offered him $300 for the colt and he realized that was the most he would make off the sickly thing. So Nyra gently loaded the colt into the back seat of her truck and headed home.

The first few weeks things didn't look so good and everyone told Nyra he wouldn't make it. Nyra could see the fight in the little colts eyes, a fire that refused to be stamped out. She found colostrum to give him from one of her mares who had recently foaled. Nyra was with the foal almost all the time, feeding him at the appropriate times and making sure he stayed warm. Slowly but surely the colt got better. Nyra couldn't help but thing he had the look of a king, her little treasure. She decided to name him Mayan Treasure, because she had just recently taken a trip and toured many of the old Mayan cities. His colour had reminded her of the golden brown walls of many of the beautiful structures.His barn name, Pakal, came to Nyra as she recalled the grand tomb she had visited. The tomb had belonged to a king named Pakal, and Nyra couldn't help but notice that her colt had a very kingly nature to him.

As Pakal grew, Nyra could see his potential showing through more and more. He would not be just some orphaned colt who wasto weak to ever do anything, no he would be a star. Nyra started him in low level race training when he was 1 and a half. He progressed with flying colours, seemingly loving to run. He was entered in his first race at 2 years and 3 months. It was a close one but in the end Pakal dug in and manged to win. Pakal raced many times after that, retiring with an almost perfect race record of winning 15 out of 17 starts. Though his racing days are over, Pakal is far from out of the spotlight as Nyra continues to show him in many disciplines.
Image WIP

Image There is a Mayan city called Copan in modern day Honduras. It is know for an amazing site called the "Temple of the Hieroglyphic Stairway" which is pyramid kind of structure with over 2,000 hieroglyphs on 63 steps. "The longest ancient Maya inscription known to exist and appears to tell the history of the city’s rulers." From LiveScience.com http://www.livescience.com/41781-the-maya.html

Congrates c: . Sorry this took so long to judge...
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me