Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Adopt a Demented Wolf! by Gren

Artist Gren [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Gren

by Gren

by Gren

by Gren

Adopt a Demented Wolf!

Postby Gren » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:33 pm

I had this lineart for a while now and it just now got done...lol
So this is a new and improved lineart I should say from my first one I posted!
I have two different types of wings which are Demon wings or Feather Wings!
(They aren't pictured here, but they will be on a finished coloring!)
I also have two different tails as well! Curly or regular :D

==============================================================================================================

What are Demented Wolves?

Demented wolves are mentally insane. They are quick to anger, often act on impulse, even if it puts them in danger. They have very acute senses. It is not known if their senses are actually better than average wolves, or if they are just always paranoid. They are ruthless killers, many times killing for sport, not necessity. Just like the typical perception of an insane person; these wolves suffer from hallucinations, both visual and auditory. Their reaction to these hallucinations is what often gets them cast out from their pack at a very young age.
Despite being insane, demented wolves are very intelligent. They tend to learn at twice the speed of normal wolves, especially at a young age. They mature physically faster than normal wolves as well.

Appearance:

Demented wolves are large, often standing about 3 ½ - 4 feet tall at the shoulders for males, and 3 - 3 ½ for females. They can weigh anywhere from 80 - 120lbs, depending on their height and wing structure.
Demented wolves are born a normal color, with their base coat usually changing to its true color within the first week, but sometimes within the first 24 hours after they are born. Their eyes usually change color during this time as well. They almost always have very unnatural eye colors; most often they are a shock shade of neon.
As they grow, their markings appear. The rate at which their markings appear varies from wolf to wolf. Their markings are always a color contrasting to their base coat; a dark wolf will have bright markings, a bright wolf will have dark markings.
Their markings are effected by their environment as well as their personality, likes and dislikes, which is why it takes them so long to come in. Almost all demented wolves have some sort of tribal markings, though where they are located can vary greatly. Demented wolves have all kinds of markings ranging from simple to intricate patterns; all colors appear in the breed, though darker colors tend to be prevalent.
They also have wings. There are 2 types of wings possible; feather wings (like a bird) and bat like wings (similar to those seen on most dragons). Males usually have bat wings, females usually have feathered, but that is not always the case. Markings sometimes appear on the wings, though they are usually simple markings. Their wingspan ranges from 5 - 8 feet, depending on the size of the wolf. Wings being to appear at 3 years of age, though they are not fully functional until the wolf is full grown, which is at 5 years.

Social Habits (or lack thereof)

This breed of wolf does not tend to live in packs. They are often cast out from packs during puppy hood, usually for killing to injuring their littermates or other young wolves in the pack. They do not have a sense of loyalty or family when they are young. They operate solely on instinct and the will to survive. It is not until later in life when they desire the companionship of a family, and by then it is usually too late, they have been an outcast.
In the first few months of live Demented wolves progress alarmingly fast. Pups are usually up, walking and hunting small prey within 24 hours of being born. They learn things that most pups take 6 months to learn within the first week, including how to defend themselves. By the time they are 6 months old they are already half of their adult size and able to take on, and defeat animals twice their size. Because they are insane, they literally have no fear.
After the wolves turn 2 or 3 (again, depending on the individual) they are less volatile and able to be approached, and will even form friendships, if given the chance. Unfortunately not many are willing to be around them. Their isolation only adds to their madness. The few that are willing to befriend them are very lucky individuals; demented wolves are amazingly loyal and will do anything to protect or take care of someone they care about, including fight to the death.

So…what causes the madness?

The “dementia” gene is a double recessive gene that can only be passed on if both parents are carriers but show no symptoms themselves. Two normal wolves that carry the gene is what produces the “dementia”. Because of this, demented wolves can not produce demented offspring. They can breed with other wolves (demented, normal, or any other breed) but the only thing that gets passed on is the coloration. The wings and the madness do not get passed to the offspring.
When demented wolves are born there is often only one in a litter. On the rare occasion where there is more than one demented pup neither usually survives; they kill each other.

=========================================================================================================

Adopting a Demented Wolf

-Adoptions are first come first serve basis. I will occasionally do free Demented wolves, or do drawings of who gets one ( depending on how many people are interested)
- I can do custom Demented wolves, but they do cost a little more.
- Demented wolves are a big responsibilty and will run away if they feel that you aren't taking care of them. So if you are unable to take care of yours please let me know. They will then be put up for adoption for a new person to adopt them.
- Each Demented wolf is already dementedly unique enough that their colors or markings can never change. You however can add some jewelery or other accessories that they would like to have. You can also color the Demented wolf you adopted as well!
- Please do NOT copy the demented wolves I create, the lineart I drew myself or the demented wolf idea... there will be consequences if you do! Also, do NOT take off my signature!
- NO taking of people's Demented wolves that do not belong to you.
- If there are no open spots open, then adoptions are closed at the moment.
===> It takes a while to catch each Demented Wolf, so please be patient!

FREE Demented Wolves for life: SkySmoke (My BesEst friend in RL!) :mrgreen:

==========================================================================================================

No Demented Wolves available for Adoption, will catch some more soon!

==========================================================================================================

Payment Methods:
Normal Demented Wolf (Random markings/colors I choose)- 2 HOARD Pets, and a Uncommon pet
Custom Demented Wolf ( Markings, Colors, items( up to three) )- 1 CS store pet or rare pet +1 uncommon or 2 hoard pets. ( NO rats, Fish, or cats)
You can also look at my wishlist as well!
Hoard pets I am currently hoarding are:
You can also PM me to negotiate price or any questions.. thank you!
The pricing may change, I am still unsure on how much I am going to charge at this moment!
The lineart is not showing the wings, but the wings will be on the finished coloring of the Demented Wolf!
Gren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt a Demented Wolf!

Postby Gren » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:35 pm

8-)
Gren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gren » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:35 pm

8-)
Gren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinnybear » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:44 pm

That's cool.
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╔═════════════╗

My name is Shinny and I'm an
adult player. I love LOZ, Skyrim,
Warhammer, DND, and more!
I adore character designing,
and talking about my tiefling.
I may not be as active on here,
but PM me if you want to chat!

╚═════════════╝

.xxxdeviantartxx
x.xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxtoyhou.se.C
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

.xx.looking forx..
x.shinnybear_#6891
xxxtownshipxx.
xonsite storage
Shinnybear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gren » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Shinsei wrote:That's cool.

Thank you :D
I should get one or two at the most colored in before I have to go away for the weekend... so keep your eyes peeled ;)
Gren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sandstorm49 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:43 pm

OMG WHEN AND HOW CAN I GET ONE??????????????

THANKS SANDSTORM49
sandstorm49

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gren » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:03 pm

sandstorm49 wrote:OMG WHEN AND HOW CAN I GET ONE??????????????

THANKS SANDSTORM49

I just now colored one in, payment details and such are listed above on the first post ^^
Gren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sad magic » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:20 am

Oh darn. I don't have any pets to pay with. ;-;

✧✧✧
Hi, im sad magic!
my pronouns are
they/them/she/her.
please contact me
elsewhere for a
faster response!
sad magic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gren » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:59 am

Going to try catching more Demented Wolves, keep yalls eyes peeled ;)
Gren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me