Newborn Valkrein #20

Postby SilverBell90 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:33 am

shadow9119 wrote:
I'M HERE TO ADOPT A FAWN!
Username: shadow9119
Three Coat Colors: (Max 3) Black, Iron Grey, Dark Grullo
Prefered Antlers:
Caribou <33

This little fawn has Blue antlers, is female, and was born in March. In order to keep the fawn, you are required to complete quest 1-7. If you complete through 10, she grows, if not, you can keep her as a fawn.

Caribou(passes down), Blue Antlers.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Quest #1

Postby shortstop » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:17 am

Thank you so much omg

ǫᴜᴇsᴛ oɴᴇ ɪɴғo
A stable hand walks up to you, waiting
in front of the barn, leading a young
fawn on the end of a lead. The small
Valkrein looks nervous as it prances
behind at a decent pace. "This fawn is
one of our orphans. I thought they
would be perfect for you. But before
you can take them home, why don't
you introduce yourself? Their a little
nervous." The stable hand explains
before handing you the lead. The little
fawn was looking at you expectedly,
curious as to who you were.
Why don't you introduce yourself
to them?
ɴᴇᴄᴇssᴀʀʏ ᴘᴜʀᴄʜᴀsᴇs
None
ʀᴇᴡᴀʀᴅs ғoʀ ᴛʜɪs ǫᴜᴇsᴛ
3,000 Silver Marks
ᴡoʀᴅ ᴄoᴜɴᴛ
246 words

Night had fallen as I arrived at the stables, and the winter weather had gotten progressively worse. If the snow fell any heavier, it would probably become a blizzard. I hopped out of the truck I was driving, and greeted the stable hand whom was waiting for me at the gate. He was holding a lead, and I glanced behind him to see the fawn we had talked about in our past exchange of telephone calls. However, in the darkness and hard-falling snow, the fawn seemed nowhere to be found. Confused, I asked the stable hand about it. He smiled.
"Oh don't worry, this girl's colouration just makes her hard to see in weather like this," he explained, beckoning the fawn towards you. "I suppose you could say that she is a master of disguise."
I nodded thoughtfully, and looked down at the young foal. Her colour and markings were certainly something I had not seen before. When I looked up again, the stable hand had vanished. I was startled, but decided that perhaps that was usual, and focused my attention once more on the fawn. Reaching down, I placed a comforting hand on her head, about to scratch her behind the ears. She flipped her head around, opened her mouth, and bit down hard on my fingers. I pulled back in shock, checked my hand to make sure I was not bleeding, and shook my head. This was going to be a long process.
we do the best we can with what we have
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage
discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Quest #2

Postby shortstop » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:09 am

ǫᴜᴇsᴛ ᴛᴡo ɪɴғo
After taking the 3,000 marks from
the stable hand, you now must take
your Valkrein fawn home. They are
very young and have never been
inside a trailer before. How do you
encourage this baby into the trailer?
ɴᴇᴄᴇssᴀʀʏ ᴘᴜʀᴄʜᴀsᴇs
None
ʀᴇᴡᴀʀᴅs ғoʀ ᴛʜɪs ǫᴜᴇsᴛ
300 Silver Marks
ᴡoʀᴅ ᴄoᴜɴᴛ
236 words

Leading the tiny fawn to the trailer, I wondered how easy it would be to get her into it. Clipping the other end of the lead rope a loop on the side of the trailer, I made sure it was secure before moving to the end of the trailer to deal with the door. From the corner of my eye, I could see her watching me, a curious glint in her eyes. I unlocked the trailer door, and swung it open. There was a loud, metallic creaking sound as it opened, and the fawned flinched. She didn't move however, and she seemed pretty confident. Walking back over to her, I grabbed the lead rope again and led her to the back of the trailer.
"Ok, now get in there." I said, still a little upset that she had bitten me before. She stood still for a long while, looking into the trailer. She must have been deciding whether or not it was going to eat her. I tugged on the rope encouragingly, which must have annoyed her, as she swung around and tried to bite me again. After the attempt, she trotted angrily into the trailer and stood at the very back of it. I removed the lead rope from her halter, surprisingly without her attempting to bite me, and exited the trailer. I closed the door, gently this time, and hopped back into my truck.
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Quest #3

Postby shortstop » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:06 pm

ǫᴜᴇsᴛ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ɪɴғo
You've successfully gotten your fawn
home. The trailer ride was a success!!
You're so proud of your fawn for taking
the ride well. Now you need to get
them settled into their new home. How
do you set up their stall and get them
adjusted to living by themselves after
being dependent on mom? How do they
react to this?
ɴᴇᴄᴇssᴀʀʏ ᴘᴜʀᴄʜᴀsᴇs
Hay Bales & Bottles of Milk
ʀᴇᴡᴀʀᴅs ғoʀ ᴛʜɪs ǫᴜᴇsᴛ
200 Silver Marks
ᴡoʀᴅ ᴄoᴜɴᴛ
230 words

It had been two days since I had brought the fawn home, and I still hadn't found a name for her. It was becoming frustrating, really; usually by this time, my animals had a name. But not this time.
Her biting habit hadn't toned down any, although now she really only bit when my hands got too close to her head. It made me wonder if something had happened to make her so defensive. Had she been abused before? I couldn't be sure.
Her stall had been set up so that it would be warm for this cold winter. I had prepared extra straw in the stall, and a small pile of blankets was located in the back, so that she could wrap up if she found it necessary. She had taken full advantage of it since her arrival, snuggling up in the blankets and spending most of her time there. The only time she came out was when she was being fed.
Milk was this fawn's life. Whenever the bottle was present, she scrambled out of the blanket "nest" and dashed towards it. This was also one of the few times I was allowed to touch her. It was common for me to scratch her behind the ears while she fed, and she didn't seem to mind too much at all. Perhaps she was finally warming up to me.
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist