7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Newborn Valkrein #06

Postby SilverBell90 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:53 am

Gojira wrote:
I'M HERE TO ADOPT A FAWN!
Username: Gojira
Three Coat Colors: (Max 3) Dapple gray, blue roan, buckskin
Prefered Antlers: Basic or red please

This little fawn has Purple antlers, is male, and was born in January. In order to keep the fawn, you are required to complete quest 1-7. If you complete through 10, he grows, if not, you can keep him as a fawn.

Basic, Purple Antlers
Last edited by SilverBell90 on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newborn Valkrein #06

Postby pork soder » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:26 pm

Quest One: Making Introductions

I knelt down next to the fawn, reaching out to pet him, only to realize that wasn't the best approach. He took a few steps back, looking afraid. I backed away some, not wanting to frighten the him more. I took a more gentle approach this time, staying a short distance away and allowing the fawn to come towards me when he was more comfortable. He cautiously walked closer, I made sure not to make any sudden movements. I reached out much slower this time, he flinched, but didn't back away. I petted his back and he seemed to be warming up to me. Once he had calmed down I got up and, holding the lead, we went on our way. As we walked, I thought about what to name him. "Roscoe sounds like a good name." I looked back at the fawn following. "What do you think about that?" He made cheerful-sounding noise, so maybe he understood. I laughed, "Roscoe it is then."

164 words
pork soder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pork soder » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Quest Two: Heading Home

After a long walk in the cold, Roscoe and I made it to the trailer. As we walked up to it, he seemed fine at first, but after I opened the door, he just stopped. Not that he panicked or tried running off, he just froze. I sighed, and tried encouraging him in but he refused to move. I decided it might be best just to gently pick him up and carry him in. He didn't care much for being in the trailer. He scraped his hooves up against the door and stomped on the floor. "It's alright, Roscoe, it wont take us long to get home." After some patience and care, he finally settled down and we could leave.

120 words
pork soder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pork soder » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Quest Three: Settling In

We finally made it home. It was a long day and we were both ready to settle in. I led Roscoe over to the stalls and allowed him to explore and get comfortable with his surroundings. He was quite happy and enthusiastic about where he was staying. I decided that I should leave him be for a while so that he'd get used to being alone, but as soon as I started to leave, He started making this sad, almost whimper-like noise. "This isn't going to be as easy as I thought." I said under my breath. I thought I might have to stay out with him during some of the night to get him used to it, then once he fell asleep, I would leave. It seemed like it would work, so I waited for him to fall asleep. He had been sleeping for a while (and I had starting dozing off), so I tried to quietly leave. I forgot how good deer are at hearing and he knew almost immediately that I had gotten up. I decided for the first night just to take him into the house and let him sleep there. I knew I was probably going to regret it, knowing that it would be even more difficult to get him to sleep in his stall. I sighed, I was too tired to worry about it at the moment. "Come on, Roscoe, you can sleep in the house tonight." It's interesting because it seems like he understands what I'm saying at times because he almost immediately jumped up to follow me. I laughed. "Don't think this is going to be a regular thing!"

(277 words)
pork soder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pork soder » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Quest Four: Bonding

I took Roscoe out for a walk today. I was cool out and it had just snowed so I thought today would be a good morning for us to get some fresh air. It wasn't easy getting him out of the house, but when I did he was having fun jumping around and playing in the snow. I was still tired so I just rested against a tree while he explored the area. He eventually tired himself out and didn't even have the energy to go on the walk. "Nothing goes as expected with you, does it?" I chuckled. Later that night we sat on a hill under the trees and looked at the stars before he lost interest and decided to chase a cricket around. "I see you don't have a very long attention span." I laughed "You and me both." We walked home and I, once again, tried getting him to sleep in his stall. Of course the end result was me giving in and letting him sleep in the house. He woke me up the next morning, ready for another day. "With all your interesting qualities, you're still a loyal friend."

(194 words)
pork soder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pork soder » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:47 am

Quest Five: Grooming

After all the playing in the snow and dirt, Roscoe had gotten pretty dirty. "I think it's time for a bath." He looked at me confused. I filled a metal tub with warm water and lead him to it. I prepared for the worst, expecting him to kick around and make a mess, so I had covered the floor with towels ahead of time. I picked him up and slowly put him in the water, it was going well so far. I poured some water over him and he sort of shook it off. Aside from shifting around a bit he seemed to enjoy it. I rinsed the soap off, took him out, and dried him off with a towel. After I dried him off, he shook off the remaining water on to me like a dog. I laughed, it wasn't the worst that could happen. In fact, it went pretty well.

(152 words)
pork soder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pork soder » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:54 pm

Quest Six: Groundwork

It had been been close to a month and Roscoe and I have being getting along well. I thought it would be a good time to get him more used to the outside and things like other animals and different noises. I first introduced him to my cat who I've been keeping away from him until he got more comfortable. "This is Ace, he won't hurt you." Roscoe cautiously got close to the cat and sniffed him. He sneezed and Ace jumped back a bit. He was probably more afraid of Roscoe than Roscoe was of him. They seemed to be interacting well so the first step was over with. Roscoe and I took a walk into town where there was more going on and, of course, louder noises. There were the sounds of cars driving on the icy roads, people talking and laughing, dogs barking, and the like. The town wasn't generally this active, but there was an event being held today, so I figured now would be the best time to get Roscoe used to it. He was pretty well-mannered most of the time, other than being afraid of a few of the larger dogs we happened to be near. He was still a bit skiddish near the crowds of people though. We got back home later that evening and I led him to the stalls. He was fairly hesitant, so it took some encouragement. I tied his halter to a post so he could get used to being stationary for a while. He didn't mind.. as long as I was standing close by. It was getting darker so I was getting ready to head to bed, so I untied Roscoe and put him in his stall. He is probably the most stubborn animal I've met because he, of course, refuses to sleep in his stall. I even tried leaving him in there for the night but he just scrapes his hooves against the walls and kicks at them. Of course, he made sure he'd be sleeping in the house again.

(334 words)
pork soder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me