Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[ Cuddlefish ] • [ Staff Applications! ] by Snowseph

Based on Click to view
Artist Snowseph [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

[ Cuddlefish ] • [ Staff Applications! ]

Postby Snowseph » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:50 pm

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

What are Cuddlefish? That's a good question! Cuddlefish are descendants of cuttlefish. Cuddlefish are very fluffy and have glimmering eyes. They have no scelra whatsoever! You will never find a Cuddlefish with scelra. They're almost always brightly colored or unnaturally colored. Some Cuddlefish have been found to be natural colors and dark colors, but it's uncommon. They have adapted to inhabit land, but they are capable of sustaining life underwater and still live in and love the water! They are most known for their optimistic behavior. Cuddlefish will crawl up on anyone or anything sad/upset to spread love and hugs! They're the ultimate friend. It's very rare to find a Cuddlefish who contradicts this behavior and spreads woe. Cuddlefish are sexless species, but are capable of reproduction. They do associate themselves with gender identity and pronouns, though. It does not matter on the gender identity for them to breed! Any Cuddlefish can breed with each other, as long as they are not mated to someone else. Polyamorous breeding has also been spotted among Cuddlefish. Cuddlefish mate for life, so there's no divorces -- unless under dire circumstances that is discussed with me/Vox Nihili.

Last edited by Snowseph on Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Cuddlefish ] • [ Rules ]

Postby Snowseph » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:51 pm

General Rules //
• Follow all site rules.
• No spamming, please!
• Please keep things under PG-13.
• Regular members may own no more than 5 Cuddlefish.
• Do not steal anyone else's Cuddlefish or claim the species as your own!
• Do respect the staff! They're here to do their job and help out.
• Please don't ask for customs or make your Cuddlefish!
• Cuddlefish mate for life. Unless you are in a serious complication and discussed it with me, then they may not divorce.
• More rules may come later.

Staff Rules //
• Staff may own up to 6 Cuddlefish.
• Each staff member is allowed one custom! It must be rare or under and it must be approved by me/Vox Nihili.
• Please be active! If you're busy or taking a hiatus, please notify me.
• Very Rares may not be made unless it's one of the 100's and permission is granted by me/Vox Nihili.
• Artists should try to make a few commons before making an uncommon Cuddlefish.
• Even though Cuddlefish are bright, please don't make eye blinding sparkle fish.
• Cuddlefish may not be sold for USD or any real life currency.
• Do not sell all of the Cuddlefish you make! It's a privilege to be allowed to sell a couple here and there, so I don't want to see artists abusing this.
• Don't abuse your power -- that means you, Nodell.
• More rules may be added at a later date.

Last edited by Snowseph on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Cuddlefish ] • [ Information ]

Postby Snowseph » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Rarities //
Common - A brightly colored or unnatural Cuddlefish with no edits.
Uncommon - A natural or dark colored Cuddlefish with/without minimal edits. IE: fringes, small fur edits, heterochromia, etc.
Rare - An EYS (Eternal Youth Syndrome) and/or mid-edited Cuddlefish. IE: hair, tail edits, glowiness, etc.
Very Rare - A Cuddlefish who sends despair and woe and/or has large edits. IE: wings, extra limbs, etc.

Offspring //
Baby Cuddlefish are often referred to as Cuddlies. Cuddlefish are hatched from eggs that resemble their pattern. There usually only about one or two offspring per litter. Very rarely do they ever have three. If there is a third, this will often be the runt of litter and weakest. Cuddlefish babies resemble tadpoles! They are small in comparison to the adults. Cuddlies' limbs don't develop until they're older and they gain more fluff over time. They reach adulthood at one month after being created.

Breeding //
Cuddlefish mate for life, so they are loyal to their mate(s). Divorces and polygamy are not allowed at this time, though. Cuddlefish have been known to mate both monoamorously and polyamorously. Since they are a sexless species, gender does not matter when mating and they have a legit magical way of reproduction.

Note: Polygamy =/= polyamory. Research at your own leisure.

Last edited by Snowseph on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Cuddlefish ] • [ Staff ]

Guest Artist
Guest Artist
Guest Artist

Artist
Artist
Owner

Staff Applications //
These are NOT FCFS. I will judge as I go, though.

Moderator - Open.
I'd like to hire around 2-4 mods! Please fill out the form below if you're interested.

Code: Select all
[center][img]http://flont.veer.com/flontpng.aspx?text=mod form!&size=40&maxWidth=540&fontId=16974&lineheight=78&backcolor=01FFFFFF&color=FF000000&wrap=false&tracking=0[/img][/center]

[list][list][size=85][color=#404040][b]Username //[/b]
[b]How often are you on CS? //[/b]
[b]Do you have any experience moderating? If so, where? //[/b]
[b]Do you believe you can be active with Cuddlefish? //[/b]
[b]Do you understand the rules? //[/b]
[b]Why do you want to be a moderator? //[/b]
[b]Other //[/b][/color][/size][/list][/list]

Artist - Open.
Hopefully, I'm looking to get about 5 or so artists. I may hire some guest artists if I want to see how you design first. If I really like your designs, then I may just hire you as a full time artist!

[center][img]http://flont.veer.com/flontpng.aspx?text=artist form!&size=40&maxWidth=540&fontId=16974&lineheight=78&backcolor=01FFFFFF&color=FF000000&wrap=false&tracking=0[/img][/center]

[b]Link to your gallery //[/b]
[b]Do you have any experience designing? If so, where? //[/b]
[b]Do you any specific examples of your best work?[/b]
[b]Why do you want to be an artist? //[/b]

Archivist - Open.
I'm only looking for 1 archivist! The archivist is in charge of keeping track of all the Cuddlefish made and their owners.

[center][img]http://flont.veer.com/flontpng.aspx?text=archvist form!&size=40&maxWidth=540&fontId=16974&lineheight=78&backcolor=01FFFFFF&color=FF000000&wrap=false&tracking=0[/img][/center]

[b]CS Coding examples //[/b]
[b]Do you have any experience coding? //[/b]
[b]Do you have any experience being an archivist? If so, where? //[/b]
[b]Why do you want to be an archivist? //[/b]

Last edited by Snowseph on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:31 am, edited 14 times in total.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Cuddlefish ] • [ Advertising ]

Affiliates //
Want to become affiliate? Please PM me with a link/banner/stamp to your species! Your species will be mentioned right here and in return, you do the same for Cuddlefish.

No affiliates just yet.

Support Cuddlefish //
Are you interesting in supporting Cuddlefish? Well, here's a stamp to put in your signature!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2802871][img]http://orig10.deviantart.net/5889/f/2015/269/5/7/cuddlefish_stamp_ye_by_snowthesquid-d9b1tm3.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2802871][img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/d18c/f/2015/269/f/0/cuddlefish_stamp_ye_1_by_snowthesquid-d9b1tmp.png[/img][/url]

Last edited by Snowseph on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Cuddlefish ] • [ Important Links ]

Postby Snowseph » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Important Links //
Nursery - Perfect to get those warm, huggy feelings!
Agings - Do keep this in mind for your Cuddlies when it's time to grow up!
Ask.fm - If you're interested in sending questions or suggestions in, this is the place to do it!

Last edited by Snowseph on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Cuddlefish ] • [ Credits ]

The species concept was bought from space bound.

Cuddlefish are owned by me, Vox Nihili.

Last edited by Snowseph on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Cuddlefish ] • [ Reserved ]

Reserved just in case.
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ Cuddlefish ] • [ Grand Opening! ]

Postby Snowseph » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:29 pm

These are now open for posting! :0 Feel free to mark and what not. <3 I will probably have some applications up soon!

Edit // Now hiring artists, moderators, and an archivist!
Last edited by Snowseph on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    i'm not that active... i pop in every now and then out of boredom or nostalgia.
    i'm keeping my stuff unless otherwise stated.

he/they. queer. adult. multi&mixed media artist.
    discord: eat_plant
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ Cuddlefish ] • [ Grand Opening! ]

Postby Nodell » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Marking ewe
They/them • Adult • Back from the dead to design adopts again!
Nodell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me