Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Avrae Adopts by BlackWren

Artist BlackWren [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Avrae Adopts

Postby BlackWren » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Hiring Artists!

Custom RedeemsMYO ApprovalsBreedingColor-in center
Sales ThreadTrading Thread

Our dignified mascot Blu greets you with a nod.
"Take all the time you need and look around." They say before leaving you to browse.

✦History✦
Long ago the two gods Adul & Rotet created the world Avrae's live in. While they began to shape their newly formed world, they created the race Avrae, their children blessed by their divine fire. The Avrae race created their own monarchy which is ruled by the purest blooded Avrae bearing feathered wings.
(wip, subject to change)

✦Species Appearance✦
Avraes all have bat-like ears, long flowing beards, slanted eyes, and twin tails which can move in tandem as well as independently from each other. Most have dense fur coats, and beneath that fur scales protrude and dapple their coats in groupings. Scales are usually one or two colors and all Avraes have them. One striking feature is the Avrae's ever present scale scarves; they don't seem to take the scarves off...
Their front paws are small, made to balance rather than support an Avrae for long periods of time. An Avrae's back feet and legs however are very large, muscular and strong, made for supporting and propelling an Avrae when they take to the sky. Avraes commonly have wings similar to that of bats or dragons, though it's also common for Avraes to not have wings. Only those with wings or special abilities can fly.
The front of their noses are strange, protruding a bit off their faces and not unlike that of a disk in shape.

✦Other✦
Avraes all have the ability to breath fire. They can also eat fire to restore energy, however eating their own fire makes them sick.
Because of their thick coats Avrae's prefer colder climates to warmer ones.

✦Traits & Rarities✦
(what's shown is a wip - will be prettied up asap)
--Body--
Fur
Beards
Wings
Scales
Tails
Eyes

Horns
✦Difference between Strikes, Warnings, and Bans✦
Strikes are small breaking of rules. If you receive of strike you will be unable to adopt/be gifted/breed/or trade/sell your Avraes for one to seven days depending on the type of violation. If you receive more than three strikes they will become a singular Warning.
Warnings are the more serious version of Strikes. If you receive a warning you will be unable to adopt/be gifted/breed/or trade/sell your Avraes for a minimum of 30 days. If you receive more than three warnings you will be Banned.
Bans are the worst of all punishments for rule breaking. If you receive a Ban you will have your Avrae's removed from your ownership. You will be unable to buy, sell, be gifted, or receive a trade/trade for an Avrae for the life of the species unless staff and owner all agree to allow you back into the group. You will have your slate cleared, but your will not be given back the Avraes you owned before unless you buy or trade for them from their current owners.

✦General Public✦
May own twenty Avraes.
May own five customs/myos. (rare and bellow traits)

✦Staff✦
May own unlimited Avraes.
May own unlimited customs/myo Avraes. (rare and bellow traits)
Must make two adopts a month.

✦Customs & MYOs✦
Customs are designs done by official staff and are redeemed here.
MYOs are designs you do yourself on the official lines. These must be approved before becoming an official Avrae. Approvals must be sent here.
For the General Public;
For the General Public you can receive slots one of three ways; you buy/trade for/are gifted a staffs custom slot, you win an event prize of a custom/myo, or you buy a custom slot for The Market. The Market is currently unavailable, but will be open eventually.
You cannot copy an existing species or their design onto these lines. You may base it off a character, but you cannot copy their design.
For Staff;
Staff are given one custom slot each month they meet their design/work requirement. From there they can create their own Avrae, gift, sell, or trade this slot. These slots stack and they're free to buy custom slots from The Market even if they don't complete their work requirements.
You cannot copy an existing species or their design onto these lines. You may base it off a character, but you cannot copy their design.

✦Trading Avrae✦
Trading Avrae can be done Avrae to Avrae, but they can also be traded for other characters/original species. However, they cannot be traded for species who do not allow trading. Please make sure that the original species you're trading your Avrae for allows original-species/character trading.
All trading must be updated on this topic. If they're not updated the trading partner will not receive their Avrae.

✦Selling Avrae✦
To sell your Avrae you must have posted a ticket transaction on this topic. If you skip this step and sell your Avrae you will be given a warning and the Avrae will be confiscated from the owner who it was sold to.

Looks like there's nothing here yet but a stack of construction supplies... Check back later for more information.
Posting is open!
Last edited by BlackWren on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:57 am, edited 16 times in total.
BlackWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Avrae Adopts

Postby DecafBunny » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:26 pm

This is wonderful ;v;
        • Going on Haitus again... •

Art by sugartabby72600 wrote:
Owed Work wrote:
• Dealing with personal issues. Probably won't be active again.

DecafBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jochedo » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:06 am

big mark!!! <3
Jochedo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cranberries » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:46 am

Marking! ;o;
Commissions are open! PM for info c:
Cranberries

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumoonwolf » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:53 am

Mark, I can already tell this will be amazing!~
    I hope you have a lovely day/night <3
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackWren » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Thanks everyone! I should have these all sorted out in the next day or so as well as create an artist's search because lets face it, running a species yourself is pretty hard. To become staff you must be 17+ as well as comfortable with being in a skype staff-chat.
[ Formerly Dave Egbert/bad ideas dave/Cherry-Prince ]

What's up fam! I'm Wren, and my life is a dumpster fire! ✌
Mostly come on now a days to check my messages. I'm not active on DA or anywhere else really anymore so don't feel bad if I don't reply for a while! I come and check messages every month or so.
DnD is my active hobby and I'm invested in Critical Role quite heavily :D
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

DATH
BlackWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me