Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

imperial weasel dragons | hiring artists! by nowi

Artist nowi [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by nowi

by nowi

by nowi

by nowi

by nowi

by nowi

by nowi

by nowi

imperial weasel dragons | hiring artists!

Postby nowi » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:20 pm

The imperial weasel dragon (imp/iwd) is a small dragon species about the size of a human forearm that resides in forests/mountains across the world. Named for their manners, small size, and hoarding tendencies, these dragons tend to avoid contact with humans, although they aren't afraid to sneak around and steal your stuff when you aren’t looking. These tiny dragons are able to hover a couple meters off the ground, but not for long distances. Most of the time they keep all feet on the ground and scurry about. They tend to run pretty low to the ground and are usually quite fast and hard to catch.

this is a species i made a few years ago !! it was recently revamped but it didn't go far so i'm going to try to bring it to cs so that i use it more !! i hope you like the species ;a;

rules:
  • this is a closed species! please do not make your own/ask to make your own!
  • this is a new species so at the moment, you are only allowed 3 iwds! If the species becomes bigger in the future, I will make this limit larger!
  • do not sell or trade your iwd. if, for some reason, you no longer want it, let me + the original artist know and we will put it back up for readoption. you can also put it up yourself, but let us know first. once you put it up for readoption, don't take it back. do not put it up for readoption without permission.
  • the only thing you may add to your iwd is accessories - do not add hair or wings or anything of the sort. if you have questions whether something is allowed or not, just ask!
  • iwds may be any gender or sexuality! they can also be polyamorous - however, only up to 3 may produce offspring at once.
  • use common sense, be respectful
    these are all the rules i have for now, if things come up i will add more !!

staff:
    just me for now !! i will be hiring staff soon, look out !!

faq/other notes:
    breeding: currently there are no plans for breeding. if the species becomes big enough, i will create a breeding center.
    staff: i will be hiring artists and other staff soon, don't ask when !! i will do that when i have enough time!
    customs: no, you can't have a custom. sorry! i made some customs for friends, and when staff are hired, they can make themselves a custom, but for now, there are no custom opportunities. there may be some in the future though *wink*

that's all for now!! more will be added as needed
Last edited by nowi on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
nowi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Imperial Weasel Dragons | Now open!

Postby nowi » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:20 pm

SPECIES INFO:

Physical features: Most of their body is covered in a soft substance, with a texture not unlike velvet, but sturdier (similar to leather). Their bellies, tails, feet, and the bridge above their nose is covered in hard and durable scales. These scales are nearly indestructible, but they can be scratched and damaged. Many imps take great pride in their scales and always maintain them the best they can. Their claws are unretractable, but they are not that sharp. Some imps sharpen their claws, but most don't and leave them dull. Imps have large, round ears that allow them to hear small mammals + insects from far away. Imps have fluffy manes down their back and some have fur on their feet/tail tip. Usually imps prefer to keep their manes short, but some of them like to style their manes and stay fashionable. The horns of an imp differ, from antlers to ram horns to, in rare cases, no horns at all. Every imp has a small pearl under their chin, which holds the lifeblood of the dragon. These are indestructible, and the pearls only lose their power when the dragon dies.

Hoards: All imps hoard/collect something, whatever catches the particular individual's attention. This can range from something like pebbles to even leftover pizza boxes, whatever. Some dragons are weird and hoard unusual things. All imps hoard inanimate objects. No imps will hoard living things. However, they may hoard feathers or beetle shells or something similar, but nothing living. Imps keep most of their stuff in underground burrows, hidden under bushes or trees. They are continually expanding because they are always stealing stuff, trying to make the most beautiful and expansive hoard. Competitions between dragons who hoard the same item are common. Individuals will show off their hoard to others at every given chance – Imps take great pride in their hoards.

Diet: The diet of an imp depends on where they live. Their original diet consisted largely of bamboo + insects, but since many imps may not have access too bamboo, they will eat other plants/small mammals like mice/etc. Imps will not eat human food, however. No matter how quirky said individual is, this will hold true. The amount of food an imp can eat varies depending on the individual - Some may eat a lot, some eat very little.

Hierarchy: Because of the imps’ hoarding tendencies, these creatures are largely independent, tending to their own collection. Mates will sometimes move in together/next door burrows, but it's rarely any more than that. Many imps simply desert their mate until the next breeding season. Juveniles who haven't found their hoard item sometimes form a pack, but these usually dissolve before long as the imps discover what they wish to hoard and move on with their lives.

Coloring: Imps can appear in a variety of colors, both bright and dull. Most fall toward the more natural side, although brighter imps are not too uncommon. They have few predators because of their speed and the durability of their pearls, which tend to sit in the stomach of potential predators and cause discomfort, so coloring plays little in that sense. Males with brighter colors have no advantage in the game of love because the main factor between two imps is the item they hoard.

Mating/Relationships: Relationships between two imps depend largely on the item each hoards. One partner will usually bring the other an item from their hoard to display how nice and wonderful their collection is. If the other accepts, they'll bring one of their own items, and they will swap, each keeping that item in their den as a reminder. Most imps made for life, but it isn't unheard of to have two split up. In the case that this happens, the iwds will return items. Relationships between imps can occur between any gender - babies are formed from the pearls around the dragons' necks. When two imps are ready to reproduce, they touch pearls, and an egg is created. Usually there is only one egg, at rare times, two. Hatchlings will stay with whichever parent they like better. Imps don’t have good parental instincts, so hatchlings are typically required to fend for themselves, taking shelter in their parents’ burrows.
Last edited by nowi on Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nowi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nowi » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:21 pm

ARTIST COMPETITION
    ok!! i'm looking for some artists to help me make more designs for the species !! if you are interested in being an artist, please fill out the form below to enter !!

this will end ??? idk in a week or two ... i don't know how many artists i'm going to hire, it depends on how many entries there are c:

requirements/info:
  • try to make at least one iwd every two weeks !! preferably more, if you can! if you're going to have problems w/ this let me know ahead of time. if you don't think you're going to be able to make iwds regularly, please don't apply !!
  • you will have the option to make 1 custom for yourself (maybe more in the future idk)
  • IDK I THOUGHT THERE WAS GOING TO BE MORE HERE basically i expect you to be able to make iwds on a regular basis !! they can have edits or not, it doesn't matter !!
  • i have a separate psd lineart (see iwd #5) if you would prefer to use that over the oekaki lineart - as an official artist it will be available to you should you end up wanting it !! if you want to make a set of lines that you use for all your designs, that's ok too!

Code: Select all
    [b]Artist Application:[/b]
    [u]Username:[/u]
    [u]Previous design experience:[/u] (show me some designs - standalone or species - that you've done before!)
    [u]Will you (at least most of the time) be able to make iwds on a regular basis?[/u]
    [u]Anything else?[/u]
Last edited by nowi on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
nowi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

res

i am no longer that active on cs.
    i am looking to trade all of my pets for art or fr!
    if interested you can pm me or send a trade c:

i am still using all my ocs!

if you would like to reach me you can contact me on flightrising!
nowi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

you can post/mark now ~
    adopts will be up soon hopefully

nowi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby claypigeon » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:40 pm

cute <333

hi!
clay★ she/her
i have many classes, work and no time. ((so please be patient w me !!)
electric guitar connoisseur. dead head and led head
pm me if you need to talk or just want a friend !!
If I owe you an unfinished commission I never did from years ago, which I did often bc I was a horrible little gremlin, please just let me know : )
johnny says stay cool
claypigeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Henry » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:20 pm

adorable! can't wait to see the new ones c:
Henry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: imperial weasel dragons | now open!

Postby ZC. » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:54 am

curious mark?
Marshall / Zir-Con / Mod Owl / He/Him or They/Them / Trans FtM
I used to be Erbynn!!
ZC.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bite sized kuiper » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:17 am

mark owo
bite sized kuiper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nowi » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:19 am

first iwd up for adoption !!

nowi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me