Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Imperials by BlackWren

Artist BlackWren [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Imperials

Postby BlackWren » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:45 am

Notes about species:
    • They lay eggs, which can be as little as two and up to ten in size.
    • Marriage is forever for the species, though mates are free to chose different mates through out their life time. [mates ≠ married]
    • Marriage almost always guarantees large clutch sizes (6+).
    • Every month, two different pairs of Imperials will be allowed to be breed - there's a "waiting list", and a pair will be chosen at random.
    • A married Imperial will be given tattoos which match their mate, while an Imperial seeking a mate will wear paint on their face or somewhere visible on their body, signaling their interest in finding a partner/potential other half. (mates must have their markings drawn onto their ref before they're available for the breeding list)
    • Can take the form of humans, but in this form they are weak and cannot use their fire powers. They can shift back to their centuar-ish form but cannot fully shift into dragons. They are often called "The Half-kin" because of this.
    • They cannot fly, due to their human halves.
    • Lore says the species Imperials were once shape-shifters, who could turn into beautiful dragons. They were cursed by their gods for their vanity and selfishness which had brought the destruction of many species. Their gods transformed every dragon of their clan into half-kin, who were stripped of their flight and given what faces the dragons despised - human faces.
    • Some grow horns and have other abnormalities, though there has yet to come any sign of an Imperial gaining wings.
    • They come in a wide variety of colors and patterns.
    • All Imperials have long hair, and it grows quickly. Most have a habit of tying it in ponytails or braiding it.
    • It's rare to find dark colored Imerials(their dragon haves), though the gene is strong once bred.
    • Now, Imperials are a very kind-hearted race, and compassionate. There's more than one case of an Imperial adopting human children as their own - fertile Imeperial or not. Some even adopt these into their family units and raise them as children.
[ Formerly Dave Egbert/bad ideas dave/Cherry-Prince ]

What's up fam! I'm Wren, and my life is a dumpster fire! ✌
Mostly come on now a days to check my messages. I'm not active on DA or anywhere else really anymore so don't feel bad if I don't reply for a while! I come and check messages every month or so.
DnD is my active hobby and I'm invested in Critical Role quite heavily :D
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

DATH
BlackWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me