Based on Click to view
Artist Arrows [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Preparations & Adjustments

Postby Arrows » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:49 am

Preparations & Adjustments
It's been a few days since the gelding got here, and he's been settling in well, better than expected. I am still having trouble naming him. Maybe in a couple days. We haven't started proper training quite yet, because I believe it is extremely important to allow proper time to adjust. Plus, I'm still collecting things. Last year, I don't think I was quite prepared for the MM. This year, I started early and even opened a bank account for all mustang-related money and purchases.
The gelding has not yet been allowed out in the pasture with other horses, but I've allowed time to sit with him in a grassy area to graze. I am figuring out what horses I'd like to put him with. I'd prefer a mix of personalities, some more aggressive and some calmer, to make sure the gelding knows herd ways. Also, I'm hoping some of them could put his bucking problem in check.
Anna has been helping out any chance she can get. She even gets excited when I ask her to muck out his stall. Yesterday, I let her sit with him so he could graze. Next year will be her year - she'll be ready. Whenever I get a mustang, I make sure to care for them most all my own. I do that with most of the horses anyways, but with so many of them I have to have many ranch hands to help me.
I've been taking a lot of pictures with my Nikon camera. I'm telling you - this gelding is just gorgeous to photograph. When he isn't getting dirty.
He is notorious for finding mud to roll in. The first day, it wasn't so bad, but now he's been practically covered. His mane and tail are wild and knotted, the hairs clumped together with tried mud. He is a mess. I am curious as to how he'll react to a bath. Perhaps we'll see tomorrow.
I have so many plans for this year. I don't even know how I'll get them all done. Mustang Makeover usually takes up a lot of my time, so I recruit Anna, Mitchell, and some of my friends to exercise my other horses. I feel bad, but it is a full time thing. And I'm more committed than ever before.
by serBronn

isleen
caswallon
my chwr horses

I <3 my horse Indigo
ℓ ι ν є у σ υ η g. ℓ ι ν є ƒ я є є. ℓ ι ν є ƒ є α я ℓ є ѕ ѕ.

My Kiamara, Odysseus. Click the picture to the right to see information & all art for Odysseus!

by Niluna
Arrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me