Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

It, the demonic amphithere by Violet Stormbringer

Artist Violet Stormbringer [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

It, the demonic amphithere

Postby Violet Stormbringer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:28 pm

After months of designing and many, many revamps, I'm very excited to finally introduce to you all to a character that has plagued my thoughts constantly since its creation. There are few characters that grab my attention and inspiration, and fewer still that keep it. It's also extremely difficult for me to create a character I can connect with, so I'm very happy things worked out with this one.

I have always loved the concept of demons, onis, and other dark creatures. In addition, masks taking the place of creatures' faces has been a concept I've adored for quite a while; I have another character named Kai (whom is currently unposted while being revamped) that has one, though she's not quite as dark as this creature here.

So, on to the character!
Also, if It's history is too dark, let me know and I'll edit it out.

-GENERAL
It's name is It, and It refers to Itself by that pronoun, which is capitalized like Its name.
It also speaks in third person, and in brief sentences.
It has no gender, but seems masculine in most forms.
It's laugh is best described as the sound of dry paper brushing together, and the tone of Its voice is very soft, almost whisperlike, belying Its true nature.
It doesn't hate or like anyone, as It considers others below It.
It's blood is black and thick. Touching the blood will burn strongly, like acid.

It has the ability to shapeshift into other beings; It has apparently not yet deemed anyone worthy enough to view Its true form; what you see here is It's preferred form. When not masquerading as a mythical amphithere, It takes human form as a young adult with slicked back hair, wearing the same face as Its previous form; the mask is not removable.

-HISTORY
It was a high-ranking collector demon, which are similar to assassins and target the most evil of beings, such as serial killers.
However, It abandoned Its duty in favor of hunting down Innocent Souls, which is forbidden.

Because It abandoned It's duty and illegally collected Innocent Souls, It was hunted for a number of years by several demonic mercenaries.
Because of It's many centuries of experience, It was able to avoid them and continue hunting and hoarding It's quarry for many years. However, eventually they caught up to It, and It was punished severely for It's transgressions for 60 years, after which 8 Demonic Seals were placed upon It's body. Two on both sides of It's neck, two on It's spine, and two strung around It's tail. The seals on It's neck were ingrained in It's muscles, so if It attempted to eat an Innocent Soul, the seals would cut off It's circulation by lengthening and strangling It until It returned the soul to the body.

The other four Demonic Seals reduced Its power and made It smaller, about the size of an average human when It sits upon the ground. Originally, It could remove the soul of a person with a swipe of It's sharp wing feathers. Now, It has to be more cautious when hunting Its prey, using the darkness to Its advantage.

-OTHER
Aside from the fact that It is rather sadistic and quite frankly evil, It does have an excellent sense of humor, if not somewhat morbid and dark.
It also takes great amusement in scaring others. Preferably to death.

...Yeah, It's pretty bad.

But hey, I do love him. It. Even if It probably would kill me in my sleep. |D

Oh yeah, you're probably wondering what the symbols are on the seals.
They're actual japanese kanjis that I probably messed up because I don't actually know how to read/write kanjis.
For the curious, they are 'demon', 'thief', 'traitor', 'bind', and 'weaken', though you can't really see half of them properly.
There are two additional seals hidden on the other side of Its neck, but I haven't bothered to figure out what to write on those yet. |D

So yeah. Meet It.

Hello!

I am mostly inactive on CS.
At the moment I am only trading for Flight Rising Currency.
All pets and items are available to trade.

-

Image Image

female ▪ totally les ▪ intp
◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
Violet Stormbringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me