Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

rosoideae catchers ;; v.1 ;; open! by wolf ;;

Based on Click to view
Artist wolf ;; [gallery]
Time spent 44 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

rosoideae catchers ;; v.1 ;; open!

Postby wolf ;; » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:57 pm

affiliates wrote:
none yet!

would you and your species like to
be an affiliate with us? pm me the link
to your species, and they ill get added
here!

what is a rosoideae catcher?
A Rosoideae Catcher (or RC for short) is a cat-like creature, the size of a large domestic cat with a rather...strange mutation. It seems they have a stem and fully bloomed flower for their tail! As well as some flowers on the top of their heads. They don't seem to mind too much, and pretty much rely on these strange adaptions. While they may look cute, that is not the case. This species is very territorial, and have certain bounderies. They live in small groups called a 'clowder', which are usually just family groups. Each clowder will have a set of alphas - the set of mates that started the clowder. Any kits born from them will usually stay in the clowder for the rest of their life, and if they ever find mates, they leave their clowder to prevent the two different clowders from fighting, and go to claim their own territory.

Each RC is born naturally blind, no matter the colour of their actual eyes, but this does not mean they cannot see. The flowers that hang over their eyes act as heat sensors, sending out waves and getting them back in the form of hot and cold - the hotter it is, the colours will get brighter, and the colder is it, you will see little to no heat. This helps them detect their prey, as well as their noses, especially for berries.
Last edited by wolf ;; on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wolf ;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules and staff

Postby wolf ;; » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:17 pm

staff wrote:
balto.
- owner
- artist
- nursery artist

rockpelt.
- artist
- nursery artist

cynefin
- artist
- nursery artist

aviate
- ghost artist
- nursery artist

darling girlfriend
- nursery artist

regular rules
- you must treat everyone with respect
- you may not make your own RC
- you cannot whine if you do not win a RC
- no being rude or disrespectful to other members, staff or not
- you have unlimited slots - so you can have as many as you want, but only if you will care for them! You must also let others have the chance at getting one cx
- you can trade these guys for other species - as well as the custom tokens, there will be more information on this.
- these guys can have any sexuality, and any type of relationship, so it is open and free for everyone
- make sure to follow these rules, and any rules that each adopt has

staff rules

-- artist rules
- please try to be semi-active - so a design every week if your an artist.
- you are free to 'sell' adopts for different currency - such as dA or FR, but they still must be posted here with a link to the sale
-- but even with this, don't do all your contests for site selling
- please try to follow the design standards of RC's - so natural colours for their pelts, any colours for the rest
- you are allowed to make adopts with edits, and it actually isn't that uncommon for one with edits to appear. The edits can range for anything, but if you think it is too drastic PM me to make sure!
- you are allowed two customs at the start, when you first join - and as every month goes past, you get two more custom tokens which you can keep, gift, or sell/trade for different currency/species
- just because you're an artist doesn't mean you are higher then anyone else of the community - treat everyone else and all the staff equally
- any type of contests are allowed

-- guest artist rules
guest artists are not currently available, so there is no rules right now, come back later!

-- moderator rules
- treat everyone else equally
- you are here to mod the topic, but that doesn't mean you can be rude
- be welcoming to members, and try to help them find their way around
- make sure to keep an eye on the adopts, to make sure that the artists are following the rules
- make sure that you are still active within the community, at least showing around once or twice a week
- make yourself familiar with rules
- if there is some sort of argument that breaks out, pm or on a topic, pm me asap so I can deal with it
- you are allowed two customs at the start, when you first join - and as every month goes past, you get two more custom tokens which you can keep, gift, or sell/trade for different currency/species

nursery rules
there is no nursery yet, therefore the rules have not yet been finalized! keep an eye out for when they arrive.
Last edited by wolf ;; on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.
wolf ;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

basic information of rosoideae catchers

Postby wolf ;; » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:18 pm

They sleep at night and look for food and more territory in the daylight, and can eat a range of food - usually it is berries or small prey such as mice, but in clowders they use their flower tails to attract large swarms of insects or bigger, large prey. The flowers on their tails and heads are brightly coloured, while the pelts themselves are dull and natural in colour, usually shades of brown, blue and silver. They call their young kits, and can have up to ten in a litter.

Despite their rather dull pelt bases, their markings can be anything and any colour, any shape, meaning a vast variety.

RC's can go by any gender identity, and be attracted to any gender, and be classified as so. This species can also be polyamory, although their relationships only usually contain up to three RC's, rarely four, although it is not unheard of. They are the same as a set of two when it comes to breeding, although only one partner can carry the kits. Male RC's can also carry the kits in a relationship.

RC's carry their kits in their tail, where they stay as buds until they have turned 60 days, when they will start to 'bloom'.

The RC kits are fully grown after two years, before leaving their family for their own source of territory. Along the way, attracting a mate or several mates.

They had retractable claws, and are excellent climbers, and it is not rare to see a group attack large prey from a tree. Their teeth are razor sharp, and overall they are not a force to be messed with. They are all loyal to their family, and will not hesitate to attack if you look like a threat.

It is easy to tell when a RC gets sick, although this is rarely, they show no other signs than their tail - if the flower is starting to wither, it means the catcher is sick, and the more withered it gets, the less time you have and the more urgent care the RC needs. Again, this is rare as they are usually cautious of anything they are not familiar to.
Last edited by wolf ;; on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wolf ;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: rosoideae catchers ;; v.1 ;; open!

Postby wolf ;; » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:14 pm

posting and marking is now open!
wolf ;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:46 pm

mark
    and eh i could be like uh
    a ghost artist and nursery artist idk
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightshyne » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:10 pm

yay the blind things
Marking. nvn
nightshyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaeria » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:32 pm

marking c:

Last bumped by wolf ;; on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:32 pm.
    infp | scorpio | she / her | call me kayla !

i haven't been on here for years ngl
kaeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me