Based on Click to view
Artist falling city [gallery]
Time spent 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Adopt 49 || Closed || Adopt Art Below

Postby falling city » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:17 pm

Doll Basics wrote:Human-esque doll with a love for tattoos and being a know-it-all. Enjoys wearing primarily fancier clothing with subtle shades of color. Tattoo changes at random depending on the shadow's preference that day. Missing an arm from the ball-joint (elbow) down and hasn't bothered searching for a replacement. Has an undercut and a natural hair color of black. Wears contacts to provide white slitted pupils. Doubles piercings on tongue and studs on occasion.

- 11 inches tall
      - bow tie is generally always undone
      - ties up extra sleeve with a hairband to avoid extra cloth hanging around
      - arm isn't shattered, just missing parts
      - doesn't always wear the vest

Shadow Basics wrote:Little blob of ink when traveling alone. Derived from an old ink pen that had been broken. Has a love for designs and incorporates them into the tattoo. Very slow mover and has a glob of ink as a body mass but doesn't leave any stains.

- only about 2-3 inches although takes up a lot of space when in more of a puddle
      - incredibly affectionate so ink can get anywhere but will collect back to the main base
      - white in tattoo showcase strokes of the pen
      - very gooey so doesn't feel solid

So this was my human entry for the artist competition when Oekaki was actually functioning semi-properly for me but eh, what can you do

This contest will end on July 15th

Extras are allowed
    Prettying up is allowed

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Doll Name:[/b]
    [b]Shadow Name:[/b]
    [b]How did the doll lose his arm?:[/b]
Last edited by falling city on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
falling city

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt 49 || Open || Adopt Art Below

Postby Oh-J » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Username:
    Doll Name:
    Shadow Name:
    How did the doll lose his arm?:

ahh what a cutie, reserve~
    colorful hair don't care
Oh-J

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cityscapes and skylines

Postby Novi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:40 pm

every day is a second chance.

full name- Basil Alexander Nixon.
    preferred name- Basil Nix.
    nicknames- Nix.
    label- The Poetic Flirt.
    gender- Quite obviously a male.
    age- Basil in in his late twenties/early thirties.
    birthday- July 31st.
    occupation- Journalist.
    nationality- English; has no accent.
    sexuality- Bisexual with no gender preference.

height- 11"
    weight- 10 oz.
    build- Fairly muscular, well-built, broad shoulders. Pretty fragile; easy to break/injure.
    notable features- Right arm is missing | Hairstyle | Ever-changing tattoos on his left arm
    accessories- Two tongue piercings | A golden ring that is strung up; worn as a necklace (Not shown in ref)

personality- Basil is a hopeless romantic. He wants everything to go how it does in the movies, but he knows real life doesn't always turn out for the better. He knows that all too well. Therefore, when first meeting someone, he'll close himself off. He'll reply with short, choppy responses. If they persevere and try harder to befriend him, he'll open up a bit more. Inside his heart, you'll find it's quite warm, despite his cold-shouldered attitude. He just wants to love and be loved in return, so if someone can do that for him, they'll find an amazing friend in Basil.
    Basil is a curious soul; one who, when he wants to know something, will go to great lengths to find the answer. That's why he became a journalist; so he could learn more, and so he can help others learn. Of course, this has led to Basil being quite the know-it-all. He thinks he's helping others, when really, he's just annoying them. Aside from that, he's also very persistent, and will not back down that easily. He's persuasive, charming, and can easily talk his way out of sticky situations.

how he lost his arm- It started out simple. Boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy proposes to girl, and then they go off and live happily ever after, right? Well, it started out that way. Basil had met a doll by the name of Lisette Gardens; a pretty little thing with soft, blonde hair, bright green eyes, and a smile that would put the stars to shame. Basil immediately fell for her, and spent weeks charming her. Finally, about two months into his courting, she finally gave in and agreed to go out on a date with him. Basil was ecstatic. He took her out to dinner, and they danced and had a grand old time. Lisette and he dated for a good thirteen months before Basil decided it was time to pop the question. He proposed to her at the same diner they'd gone to on their first date, and miraculously, Lisette said yes.
    However, these good times would not last. Basil and Lisette had decided to take a hike the day everything turned sour. They'd gone up to a high point in the rocky mountains they'd been climbing in when suddenly, the ground began to shake. It was a fairly small earthquake, and they weren't injured (aside from a scratched knee and a strike of fear), but Lisette quickly suggested they head back home. Passing off her worry as meaningless, Basil convinced her it would be safe enough to carry on, so they continued hiking. Not even an hour later, another earthquake struck; this one much bigger than the last. In a panic, Lisette grabbed Basil's arm and tried to hurry away, but Basil had pulled away for a split second in an act of fear. That split second proved to be both fatal and devastating.
    He saw the rocks falling as Lisette ran. He reached out his arm, calling to his love. But alas, it was too late. The rocks crashed down atop her, and his right arm was caught underneath the rubble. On that day, Basil felt a pain he'd felt like no other; both in his arm and in his chest.
    It took a while, but help finally came. Unfortunately, they could not save Basil's arm, so they had to cut it off. While Basil was in the hospital, a doctor came by with heartbreaking news: they'd found Lisette's body. It was crushed into many pieces, cracked all over. She was gone.
    Grief-stricken, Basil broke down, screaming and sobbing hysterically. That's when the doctor cleared his throat, and held out his hand. In it was a small, golden ring; the same one Basil had proposed to Lisette with.
    Nowadays, Basil wears the ring around his neck on a small, silver string. He swears he'll never love again. But is that really the truth?

shadow's name- Quigley. Called Quigs or Iggy for short.
    shadow's gender- Agender; referred to as male.
    shadow's personality- Iggy is a hyperactive little thing, always bounding around in search of something to do. Highly affectionate, this little ink blob loves showering people with adoration. In fact, upon meeting a new person, Quigley will make a small, happy trilling noise and pounce! He weighs enough to knock almost anyone over, but he doesn't mean to hurt anybody. In fact, when Iggy hears that the person was hurt/made upset by his doings, the poor thing will go curl up in a corner, emitting a soft, banshee-like wail until the person forgives him.
    relationship with shadow- Quigley and Basil have a pretty close relationship. Basil oftentimes uses Quigley as a conversation starter; that is, he'll set Quigley down, let the shadow run loose, and when he tackles someone, Basil will take the opportunity to go and talk to them. This helps immensely when he's trying to get an interview with someone particularly important. Basil adores his shadow, and it seems the feelings are mutual. When Basil is threatened by another doll, expect Quigley - the 2-3 inch tall ball of cute - to rush straight into the line of fire. He'll do anything to keep Mr. Skunk (as he affectionately refers to Basil) safe.

relationship status- Single, but has his eyes on a certain someone.
    crush- Ashley Barnes.
    past exes- Lisette Gardens.
    dating notes- Considering his experience with Lisette, Basil has been very hesitant with opening up his heart to anyone else. He doesn't want them (or himself) to get hurt because of him. However, if he does find "the one", he will do everything in his power to protect them. It will take a lot of coaxing, but he'll soon be able to love again.
    relationships-
    • Ashley: Having started off on the wrong foot with Ashley, Basil and the younger weren't exactly on speaking terms for several weeks, actually. Man, can that kid hold grudges. But when Basil approached Ashley with a new guitar pick and an offer to go out for coffee, the younger finally forgave him. Thus, a new bond was formed between these two. It started out as just a couple of friends, but soon, Basil started seeing hints of Lisette in Ashley. The kid started reminding him so much of his lost love, it soon became heartbreaking just to look at him. He avoided Ashley for weeks after that, but soon overcame that heartache when he saw how much Ashley was hurt by his ignorance. Now, Basil absolutely adores Ashley, and would give his other arm for the younger any day. They are extremely close, but Basil is almost 110% certain that he's been friend-zoned by his crush. But is that really the truth? Only time will tell...
    • Novak: Ah, yes, Ashley's clueless friend. Basil isn't one hundred percent certain on liking Novak, but he must admit, he's a pretty good guy. He has good intentions... He just has fairly poor ways of executing them. The only time when Basil does have a problem with Novak is when the redhead recklessly (and unintentionally) puts Ashley in danger. Then, and only then, will be lash out at the taller with such fury that would put a demon to shame; all the while, trying to pull Ashley out of the mess.

theme song- Breakeven by The Script.
    art- lineless bust shot by me

username- tsuya
    about me- Hello! I am tsuya, a teenage male living in the US. I am an aspiring author, artist, and animator, who is currently in the process of writing his own graphic novel. I currently own two dolls from this lovely adoption center; both are listed in this form, in fact. But enough about me! Let's get onto the real reason I'm here...
    why I want him- I don't normally go for a character because I feel a connection; unfortunately, I admittedly usually go for a character based on looks, and then I start to develop the connection. That wasn't the case with Basil, though. Yes, he's gorgeous, but the main reason I tried out was because something clicked between him and me. I felt the connection as a rush before I even registered how attractive this doll looked. I want Basil because of that connection. It's just something I've never felt before, in all my years of obtaining characters. I also feel I could make a fairly decent character out of Basil, if I were given the chance to own him. I've fallen in love with this guy, both appearance-wise and character-wise. So the least I could do is try out, right?
    usages- First off, I'd most likely start trying to develop Basil's character more through relationships in the form of role-playing. I'd also probably make a story thread for my dolls, and place him in a nice, chaptered story with Ashley and Novak. Of course he'd be drawn. I can't really drawn humanoids for my life, so you can imagine my delightful shock when I saw how well the piece of art I drew for my form turned out. (You don't have to like it, just acknowledge that I'm proud of it.) Admittedly, I might end up shipping Basil with Ashley, so don't be surprised if you see ship art on the fan club. I'd probably use Basil for countless other things, but alas, I cannot think of them all right now, haha. But overall, both Basil and Quigley would be loved.
Last edited by Novi on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Relicarn » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:14 pm

Username: Azael
Doll Name: Cecil Gershwin Palmer
Shadow Name: Khoshekh
Defending his shadow
'Sup!
My name's Relicarn and I hang around
here for a handful of things ^^
I work as the Archivist for the wonderful
species Makoatls, and I can often be
found over on DA.

Other than that I'm massive Undertale
trash, and I love to RP!

I don't bite, so feel free to PM me, I'm
always up for a good chat!

WARNING: Awesome people listed below
KiPotato | Mortimer| Dilly. | Cole | Juju |
Squalo | Wolfy | Ardra | Bane

Art by Deertush on DA <3
Relicarn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pep » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:24 pm

this was literally my fav entry res res res
        username
        doll name
        shadow name
        how did the doll lose his arm?
pep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spacegay » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:40 pm

Username:
Doll Name:
Shadow Name:
spacepans.tumblr.com
spacegay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby P0CKETKNIFE » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:38 pm

Username: Katie Cat
    Doll Name: Danny, or Dan depending on who you talk to.
    Shadow Name: Dan calls calls him Perry, but his real name is undetermined.
    How did the doll lose his arm?: You'd think the cause of his missing appendage would be linked to some dramatic fight or outrageous accident, but that's just not the case. In reality, he lost his arm because of his own stupidity and poor decision making. You see, he's typically known around the dollhouse for being extremely impulsive in his decisions, so it's not uncommon for him to make outrageous deals in order to get what he wants. In one case, a seemingly innocent barter ended up costing him an entire arm. The story began when he saw a merchant on the side of the road selling high quality fashion wares that he just had to have. So, like the excellent deal maker he was, he sauntered his way over there and demanded to make a deal. After being told he couldn't possibly afford such items, he jokingly offered up and arm and a leg. To his surprise, the merchant replied, "just an arm would suffice," and the rest was history. You should've seen the looks on everyone's faces the following day when he appeared rocking quite the fashionable ensemble, and only one arm.
    Art: xXx
Last edited by P0CKETKNIFE on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lee artist he/him + adult
    ► I've been an active user on
    CS through a good number of
    years, but nowadays I tend to
    keep to myself and check in
    when I have the time. I'll be on
    artfight this year
    -- team vampire!!

mods made me remove my links lmao / credit

P0CKETKNIFE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wind Mage » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:23 pm

possible res!!
I'm sorry if it's not, but this looks like a NightVale doll, and that makes me really hype
╓━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╖

secret text!
My name is Kris - He/him
Commissions + art trades: 🚫

♪♫♪ ♪♫♪ ♪♫♪

Kalxath is my partner-in-crime
Symmetra is a coward and a fool.

╙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╜
Wind Mage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poqqi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Last edited by poqqi on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
poqqi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

renard ''

Postby bee » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:14 pm

dropping out but stalking uvu
Last edited by bee on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me