Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Acotos Nation Adopts by mewmew.

Artist mewmew. [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by mewmew.

Acotos Nation Adopts

Postby mewmew. » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:01 am

Information is a work in progress

There is a Native American belief that some can turn into an animal by wearing the animal's pelt, those who could do this were called Skinwalkers.
There was once a man named Acotos who was considered a Skinwalker. He turned into many animals but preferred the horse overall. Horses were brave and strong. They showed trust to the humans by allowing them to ride on their backs and loyalty by running into battle. They were also very fast and could keep up with the mighty bison. To Acotos there was nothing a horse couldn't do. Acotos was proud of his gift. He boasted often to his tribe. Most tribe members did not pay him any attention when he boasted, all except a few. A warrior named Ahiga grew tired and jealous of Acotos. So one day Ahiga and those who supported himfollowed Acotos down to the stream where Acotos would into a horse and run across the water to the giant field beyond it. Ahiga and his men waited for Acotos to return and take human forum again. While Acotos began to take his human forum Ahiga and his men attacked Acotos and tore the horse pelt off of Acotos's back. Acotos was stuck in a half man half horse state. No matter how many times he put the horse pelt back on he could not change. The tribe looked down at Acotos now in disgust. He was no longer man. So the tribe cast Acotos away. The only one who saw him as who he once was was his wife. Together they found a new home. From then on all of Acotos's children were born with the same traits as their father; horse ears and tail, hands formed with the frog of a horse's hoof in the palms of their hands and feet, hoof like nails, and occasionally a line of fur that started from their tail trailing up their spine.

Acotos Nation is a nation of many different tribes of similar traits and beliefs. There are three different tribes; Gomda Tribe found in the valley, Atohi Tribe found in the forest, and Acaraho Tribe found in the mountains. Overall they are a Native American based people with horse features. They believe in many gods and goddesses. Each tribe having their own main god/goddess. Mostly they live at peace with each other but small fights will occur between tribes. The Acotos People's biggest enemy is the Mani Warg. Strange pale faced men that live in the West.

═ Acotos Traits ═
• normal human hands with horse frogs in the palms
• finger and toe nails that are harder than normal and colored to horse hooves
• native american traits
• golden brown skin
• natural horse coloration on ears, hair, and tail
• Eye color can be any natural human or horse color

═ Rules ═
•Do not make a custom Acotos tribe member
•Do not claim species as your own
• Names must be Native American based
• Do not change design without artist's permission first
• If you decide you don't want you character please inform artist so it can be readopted
• Do not ask for customs. Suggestions on ideas for adopts are welcomed
• Tribe Members can only marry once
• If taken off site please link back to main page
• Please do not bump adopts.
• An offical RP may be set up in the future but feel free to make your own. Must be on CS only though.
• If rules are broken after a certain amount of warnings I can reclaim offenders adopts
• Rocky decides your rank within a tribe.
• more to come
Last edited by mewmew. on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
mewmew.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Other Information

Postby mewmew. » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:52 am

═ Staff ═

Owner:
Rocky.

Co-Owner:
None

Artists:
Rocky.

Archivist:
None

═ Tribes ═

Gomda Tribe
• Chief
•Warchief
•Holy Man/Woman
•Warriors
• Gatherers
•Children

Atohi Tribe
• Chief
•Warchief
•Holy Man/Woman
•Warriors
• Gatherers
•Children

Acaraho Tribe
• Chief
•Warchief
•Holy Man/Woman
•Warriors
• Gatherers
• Children

•Each Acotos Tribe member is drawn on their own lines. Meaning artists must draw their own each time.

• Acotos Tribe members do not have unnatural designs. But it isn't uncommon to see them with tribal tattooing. Especially warriors.

•The rank system of a tribe is easy. You first have the Chief who is usually the man in the village with the most respect. He makes most decisions of the tribe and is the leader. Next you have the Warchief, he is the second most respected man in the village. He controls almost everything during war time. He is the second most powerful man in the village. A tribe has either one man or one woman who works with medicine and "speaks to their gods. This man or woman is known as a Holy Man/Woman. Next you have the warriors. These are all men. An Acotos member becomes a man at the age of 18. Warriors protect the village as well as hunts. Women are considered Gatherers. They do most of the work within the village. Among some of the things they do are gather fruits and nuts, skin animals from the hunt, raise children, and cook. A girl becomes a woman at the age of 16. Children are ofcourse any boy younger than 18 and any girl younger than 16.
***It is very rare for a woman to become a warrior but their are cases of it happening.
***After a certain age a Holy Man/Woman will take on an apprentice who will take over for them once they die. Same goes for Chief and Warchief.
Last edited by mewmew. on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
mewmew.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Res

Postby mewmew. » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:46 am

═ Tribe Registration═
Please PM forum to Rocky.