Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

"Just because I don't have wings, does not mean I can't fly! by Rocky Road Raccoon

Artist Rocky Road Raccoon [gallery]
Time spent 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

"Just because I don't have wings, does not mean I can't fly!

Postby Rocky Road Raccoon » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:03 am

This is fanart of the Balloon Butterfly Wolf. For cs's 7th b-day.
Cs, Thank you so much for all the stuff you do. This is all I can simply say is thank you. Here is a story for my appreciation.

Cake was wingless, but was supposed to be a butterfly wolf? That could not do, or at least thats what poor Cake thought. She lived like this for years, on the seventh year of going on like this, she spied a shop, The shop said "Happy 7th B-day CS!" Balloons filled the store entirely. All Cake could do was gape. Then thinking up a plan, that she was not sure would work, she trotted to the store. She got a lot of "A wingless butterfly wolf? How Ugly!" as she walked past. Shoving her way through the crowd, she made it to the store. She saw a sign "All stuff is free to CS pets, take what you would like!" "Hmm." Said Cake, pondering over which balloons she would take. She saw various balloons, she grabbed the first 50 she saw, then informing the shop owner she took some items, she trotted out of the store and shoved through the crowd yet again.
Now that she was in a green meadow, she drew her plan in the grass. She drew a butterfly wolf, her, she was tiny, so would this not work? She would tether all the balloons to herself, in an attempt to take flight. She began. Counting how many balloons she tethered as she worked. "1...2...3.." she said. Still tying a few now. she worked effortlessly on the balloons. "48...49...50!" she yelled. Nothing happened. Forlorn, tears coming out of her small, blue eyes, she slept for the long night. The balloons still on her.
The next day she went back. Buying up all the balloons they had in stock, which was about 30. Going back to the grassy plain, she began. Counting yet again, praying this would work. She tethered the last. And at last! She lifted off, soaring high above the clouds, showing her love for CS to the world. She planned how to get down. Maneuvering the balloons she fell back to earth.Where she slept.
The next day she was very excited. Showing off a bit, strutting like a rooster, which she was not she walked down the path. People just giggled. She growled quietly. They don't know what they are talking about, she thought, if only they knew I could fly! Eager to show off, she jumped in the air. It did not work. She maneuvered up. And off she went! People and pets gasped, some of there faces were pure awe. One butterfly wolf spoke up, voice thick was admiration "You really did that?" They asked. Grinning ear to ear she just simply answered. "Just because I don't have wings, does not mean I can't fly!"
Then, speaking again she said "Flying is what makes me a butterfly wolf."

Hope you enjoy my short story <3
Rocky | He/Him | Disabled and Chronically ill so activity fluctuates depending on energy | I draw funny little characters!

They call me Rocky cuz I'm LOSING
If I do something wrong, DO NOT hesitate to call me out on it! I'll try my best to listen!
My TH If you need to credit!
Wondering who the weird little cats I draw on oekaki being funny are? Meet the Vagabonds!
Art Trades - Design Trades: Open
Requests: Open [So long as you don't rush me! I prioritize trades!]
Commissions Closed
Rocky Road Raccoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me