Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Shisa Guardians //Closed/selling// by Free Shade

Based on Click to view
Artist Free Shade [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Shisa Guardians //Closed/selling//

Postby Free Shade » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:36 am

Shisa Guardians

Basic Rules:
1: Do not ask to be an artist/staff member.
I will post when there are openings and i will choose from the applicants.

2: To adopt a Shisa you must follow the competition guide lines on the post of the Shisa you are interested in.

3: Certain Shisa will be available for PURCHASE/AUCTION only.
This could be cs pets, items, dA points/usd***, or other currency.

4: Do not beg/ask for Customs. They are currently for staff only.
(There will be an option to purchase a custom ticket later)

5: There is currently a 10 Shisa limit per user
(this is subject to change over time and certain Shisa do NOT count towards this number)

NEW RULE:
6: When you adopt a Shisa, you are allowed to give it up to THREE accessories unless otherwise stated.

Aging/breeding Rules:
1: Eggs will take anywhere from 1day to 2weeks to hatch
2: There is a 2 month wait in between breedings
3: Shisas can breed up to 3 times (with anywhere from 1-3 eggs per nest/breed)
4: There is a 2-3 week wait for growths from stage 2 to stage 3
5: After 1 month of your Shisa being stage 3 (or 1 month after you adopt a normal Shisa) it is eligible for stage 4
6: You may NOT ask for your Shisa to be stage 5. Those are for me to choose, not you.

***dA point/usd auction/sale designs will be posted here BUT you will only be allowed to buy/bid on it on deviant art.

The DeviantArt group can be found here: http://shisaguardians.deviantart.com/
If you would like to become a member just send a join request and i will try to accept it as soon as possible!

Lines created by Sammich
Last edited by Free Shade on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
(art above by Hoggnunsstern)

Do you remember Kiamaras from way back 10 years ago? You ever wonder what happened to them after all these years after the move to DA?
Well, they're now an easy going ARPG with a website and quests! Most quests have low entry requirements and have multiple tiers of rewards. There's also a free MYO for new users who don't have a Kia yet!
There's also a discord for the community where you can ask for help with quests, chat with other users, and actively seek out Kias that are being traded and sold as well as new adopts!

If you're interested at all feel free to click the image above to be taken to the Kiamara website!
If you want to join the discord at all, feel free to dm me and I can send you a link to it.
Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species info

Postby Free Shade » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:36 am

Traits/Accessories.

Common traits:

Regular tails
Slightly less fluffy tails
Horns (short/regular/straight)

Uncommon traits:
No horns
Other types of canine/feline/fur or hair based tails
Longer+Curved horns

Rare traits:
Longer/Fluffier/Flopped ears
Spiral/Ram Horns/Antlers
Hair/fur edits.

Very Rare traits: -- Must get permission first --
Dragon/Lizard/Shark/Fish/Object/etc tails
No tail
Wings of any kind
Multiple Tails (maximum of 5)

Artists:
If you do not see a trait listed above and you want it included on a Shisa/you are planning on adding it to a Shisa, you must PM me first to see if it's allowed.

Accessories that are not allowed:

(there are less not allowed so its easier to make this list)
Shisas may only have 1 mask... no matter whether they are Kanli or not.
A secondary collar -- these are ONLY allowed on Kanli
Not having a collar is strictly not allowed. They MUST have one.
A charm other than a Crystal. They may have charms on their collars in addition to their crystal, but it may not replace the crystal***

*** This does not apply to certain Kanli and certain customs... MUST BE APPROVED THOUGH

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Info./description:
Shisa Guardians are a very loyal and loving species. They have the traits of various mythical, and non-mythical, creatures. These creatures are known for bonding with a family or person and staying with that particular families lineage till the end. A Shisas job is to protect its 'owners' life, lineage, and honor.

Place of origin:
It is still unknown exactly where these creatures came from. Many believe that they were created in one of the higher planes and were transported to earth by angels. Others believe they were bred many centuries ago in a remote village in the Alps.

Basic Info:
Shisa eggs are almost 8-15 pounds.
Young Adult/Teen Shisa are the size of Chows and generally weight between 30-70 pounds (about 2 ft. tall)
Adult Shisa are the size of Great Danes and weight 100-130 pounds (about 3 ft. tall)
Kanli (Elder) Shisa are slightly smaller than Lions and weight 150-175 pounds (about 4 ft. tall)

General Diet:
Shisas live on a healthy diet of both meats and vegetation. If they are left to find/hunt their own food they will go after deer, rabbits, and raccoons for meat and they will try to find berries and cabbage.

Life Cycle Stages:
Shisas have 4-5 stages in their life cycles.
Stage 1 is it's egg stage. Similar to dragons, Shisas lay eggs which take up to a 2 weeks to hatch.

Stage 2 is it's youth/young adult stage. In this stage, Shisas have hatched and received their collar w/ a crystal. It is at this stage in life that they begin to search for their Hanno (human family).

In their 3rd stage Shisas have become adults. They have found their Hanno, received their mask, and they are able to mate.
(General adopts are at stage 3)

In their 4th, and (normally) last stage, Shisas are faced with a test of will, power, and skill. If they fail this test, they will stay as they currently are and will gain immortality so that they can continue their job of being the guardian of their Hanno. If they pass the test, the Shisa has the option to be re-born with new markings/colors, but staying with the same Hanno. A Shisa may only be re-born once. When they reach their 3rd stage again, they will stay that way and gain immortality***

Certain Shisa are granted a special 5th stage, these Shisa are very very rare and are only chosen for this stage if worthy. The Shisa approved for this stage are chosen by the Head Elder, or the Moncha Kanli. The Moncha Kanli carefully selects Shisa to become Elders, or Kanli. Kanli are typically larger than regular Shisa. Their tails become longer and fluffier and each Shisa gains a special ability/power upon becoming a Kanli. They are also given a special secondary collar that represents their new ability. Each Kanli represents something: Life, death, wealth, luck, etc etc.

***Shisas remain immortal as long as their Hannos bloodline remains in existence. If that bloodline is wiped out/retracts their connection to Shisa, it will gain mortality within a week. After mortality is gained, they will go on the hunt for a new Hanno or will choose to stay within the Shisa village.
(Note: Immortality means that a Shisa is no longer allowed to have any changes to it's appearance unless given permission by myself.... "Mortal" Shisa may get any changes to appearance in certain circumstances... which will be listed upon the first page of the "Specials/Shop" post.)

Moncha Kanli
The Moncha Kanli, or Head Elder, is rumored to be the first Shisa ever. Many believe the Moncha Kanli was specially crafted by the rulers of the higher planes, and that all Shisa are connected through it. The role of the Moncha Kanli is to watch over their species and to make sure all is running smoothly. The Moncha Kanli is responsible for administering the re-birth test and choosing which Shisa get to become Kanli. The Moncha Kanli is a genderless Shisa that is the same size as other Kanli, but has fluffier fur, longer ears, Smoke/Cloud Tail and 2 sets of horns. The Moncha Kanli is the ONLY Shisa with this combination of physical traits***

*** Will get the reference for the Moncha Kanli soon after species is up and running

Masks:
Each Shisa is given a mask... no 2 Shisas masks are the same. They receive this mask in the 3rd stage of their life, when they reach adulthood. They are given this mask by either their parents or a Kanli. This mask represents their independence from the Shisa tribe/village, and symbolizes their new life with a Hanno. Some Shisa choose to wear this mask constantly, while others choose to just keep it near them as a reminder of their past.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Breeding:

Shisas can mate up to 3 times.
2 Shisa must be "dating/official mates" for 2 weeks before they may breed.
Shisas may only divorce/break up once. They are creatures of loyalty, so divorce is often frowned upon.
Once 2 Shisas have mated and the eggs are laid, a Kanli (elder) is chosen to watch over the nest for any where between 1 day to 2 weeks. During this time, the Kanli transfers tiny amounts of it's own energy into the egg(s).
Doing this tends to give the young Shisa a few traits similar to the Kanli. This means that young Shisa take traits from both of their parents as well as a selected Kanli.
Shisas must wait 2 months after any eggs are laid before they may breed again.
Last edited by Free Shade on Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Do you remember Kiamaras from way back 10 years ago? You ever wonder what happened to them after all these years after the move to DA?
Well, they're now an easy going ARPG with a website and quests! Most quests have low entry requirements and have multiple tiers of rewards. There's also a free MYO for new users who don't have a Kia yet!
There's also a discord for the community where you can ask for help with quests, chat with other users, and actively seek out Kias that are being traded and sold as well as new adopts!

If you're interested at all feel free to click the image above to be taken to the Kiamara website!
If you want to join the discord at all, feel free to dm me and I can send you a link to it.
Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shisa Staff/Affiliates

Postby Free Shade » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:37 am

Staff
Owner
(I own the species/lines/and your soul.... jk, i dun own your soul........ yet.)
Free Shade

Mods
None currently

Artists
Free Shade

♦ノラガミ♦

Guest Artists
evergreen.

Retired Guest Artists
dandyLIONscare

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Affiliates
If interested in becoming affiliates with Shisa Guardians please pm me!

Our banners/stamps
If anyone would be willing to make better ones, i will pay!
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2654113][img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/091b/f/2015/090/7/d/shisa_by_free_shade-d8nwo9i.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2654113][img]http://orig13.deviantart.net/c074/f/2015/090/d/1/shisa_2_by_free_shade-d8nwo9q.jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by Free Shade on Sat May 02, 2015 10:30 am, edited 8 times in total.

Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

News, Updates, and Links.

NEWS/UPDATES

Currently looking for someone to make child lines. All they need to be is a younger and smaller version of what you see above. They should not have horns though!

If interested in making them, please pm me. I can offer a custom/myo for the person whom makes one.

(PLEASE PM ME BEFORE MAKING THEM!)

ARTIST RULES:
1: You must make at least 1 adoptable every 2 weeks.
2: You can get a custom after your 5th adoptable made OR after 2 months of being an ACTIVE artist. (You will get another custom for every 6 months or every 15-20 Shisa created)
3: You will have the chance to make a 'store' Shisa on or off cs -- this is only for those who are active and are dedicated to the species.
4: I ask that you are nice to both fellow staff members as well as other users.
5: Do not make every contest a first come first served

GUEST ARTIST RULES:
1: You will be a guest artist for 1 month - or until you have made 3 Shisa's (whichever comes first)
2: You MAY be asked to become a permanent artist
3: You will not get a custom, so please do not ask/beg for one
4: You are not allowed to make a 'Store' Shisa.

Current Full time/guest artist application:
Username:
Are you comfortable using oekaki:
Have you been an artist for a species before:
Color-in/design examples:
Why do you want to be an artist:
How often are you able to make an adopt:
Did you read the artist rules:
Can i easily contact you via pm, dA note, skype,etc?
Last edited by Free Shade on Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shisa Guardians (WIP)

Reserve just in case

You may post now ^^
Last edited by Free Shade on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orca-xing » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:38 am

mark <3
orca-xing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogish » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:43 am

marking <3
Pet's name: Rhys
Pet's name: Nokk
dogish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Running Fern » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:47 am

Mark! <3
Sup, Used to be Blank Canvas.
Just a plant person wandering my way through life
Starting school to be an airplane mechanic soon, not super active.
Running Fern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Im not here » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:50 am

*screeches* MUCH MARKING
Im not here

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shisa Guardians

Postby HellyBoo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:28 pm

Just marking!
{ ~ My Beautiful Viscets ~ } | { ~ My Kalons ~ }

Guys I'm away for a while. I've turned off messages for a few days just to gather my thoughts and re assess my life inside CS and the Kalon community. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. Im sorry.
HellyBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me