Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Attempt to draw Anime by inkyst

Artist inkyst [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 3

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by inkyst

Attempt to draw Anime

Postby inkyst » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:15 am

I have never been a fan of Anime, and I hav never drawn it, so this is a first time. How is it? Please be brutally honest.
inkyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Attempt to draw Anime

Postby CherriKat » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:18 am

Next time, try to make the face a little thinner and don't put the eyes to close together! Anime eyes usually don't have white parts so you don't need that either :) and add a pupil too! Other than that, good job! I like how to made the eyes!
Oh. You know the the lines above and under the eyes? Make those a little thicker!

Good job!
CherriKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squints » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:29 am

Not bad for just start out!! honestly pretty good man!!
now to go from here tutorials are the way to go. be careful though because some will show you style you don't like!!
if you're inspired by a type of anime, follow that style and continue with it, but remember you should never copy, studying the type of art you like and using tutorials for chibi paint will help a lot!! <3 all you gotta do is practice and never give up!! i'm excited to see you improve!!
squints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inkyst » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:31 am

momotarou wrote:
Not bad for just start out!! honestly pretty good man!!
now to go from here tutorials are the way to go. be careful though because some will show you style you don't like!!
if you're inspired by a type of anime, follow that style and continue with it, but remember you should never copy, studying the type of art you like and using tutorials for chibi paint will help a lot!! <3 all you gotta do is practice and never give up!! i'm excited to see you improve!!

CherriKat wrote:Next time, try to make the face a little thinner and don't put the eyes to close together! Anime eyes usually don't have white parts so you don't need that either :) and add a pupil too! Other than that, good job! I like how to made the eyes!
Oh. You know the the lines above and under the eyes? Make those a little thicker!

Good job!

I created another version of the same drawing using the advice.
inkyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ### Even Tigers Meow » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:32 am

Good job c:
### Even Tigers Meow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blazefire0525 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:39 am

Your second attempt is better, though, I suggest not showing the nose off too much, based on the angle you want the character or drawing to face. But, I have to warn you, noses are pretty hard.. Try looking up references. And for a tip, size and look of mouths are also based upon the look and size of faces, so you can choose to make the mouth lower, higher, or the perfect placement you choose! It's your drawing, after all. I hope these suggestions help you in drawing anime!
Blazefire0525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me