Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Hambergite | Gemsona by reilly

Artist reilly [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hambergite | Gemsona

Postby reilly » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:52 am

I really didn't want to have to do this but I did.
*Trips over bandwagon and falls face first*
I really hate following bandwagons and doing stuff like this but I love she show so much and I was jealous of all the beautiful gemsonas out there and I am very ashamed of myself. OTL

I was also tired of seeing gemsonas with no connection to their actual gemstones / minerals so I tried to make Hambergite accurate to their gem, and accurate to myself since they're technically a sona.

Hambergite (talking about the real actual gem here) is a transparent, nearly colorless gem. It isn't very well known, but isn't expecially rare. It has a 7.5 hardness, but has perfect cleavage and very brittle tenacity, so it fractures easily.

As for the actual character, they're pretty much the same as the rock itself. Hambergite is truly agender and uses they / them pronouns. They're surprisingly strong, but are a little mentally unstable. They are slightly transparent (drawn with an 80% transparency. If you look closely you can see the bg behind them.) Hambergite isn't a very social gem and isn't very well known amongst the other gems. They are almost always crying, and their gem is almost always fractured. Even when they get their gem fixed it breaks again. Their weapon is in a different form than most gems' are. Fractures of Hambergite protrude from their body when they feel negative emotions such as fear, anger, sadness, etc. Since they are almost always sad and grumpy they usually have at least a few crystals on their shoulders and elbows, but when they feel intense emotion the spikes can cover their entire body. Hambergite's voice is rough and slightly robotic.
They are sometimes affectionately referred to as "Ham", although hey don't especially love the nickname.
sorry I may be inactive for a while
something has come up
if you need to contact me please pm me but don't expect a quick reply
reilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hambergite | Gemsona

Postby modern » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Totally agree :)

Gemsonas these days are too much like personas and have not a lot of relevance to their gem, and it's very bothersome to me as well!

Yours is very nicely made, well done! Great design! And the colors aren't human-like (Huge gemona flaw everyone follows). I'm working on mine now ;) Thanks for the inspiration!
modern
i do commissions- link here
commission status- closed
mystic veil adopts
modern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reilly » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:34 pm

It means a lot for someone to like and comment on my art. Thanks a lot! <3
What's your gem? I'd love to do a fusion sometime if you would like. Just PM me if you're ever interested. (:
sorry I may be inactive for a while
something has come up
if you need to contact me please pm me but don't expect a quick reply
reilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lion's tooth » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Ah, I love the fact the you actually put in the time to research your gem! Absolutely love it, great work.

Coding
Roleplay
Friend
Roleplay
AKO RP
--------------
Roleplayer.
Metalhead.
Alchemist.
Sage.
Dragon of
Heaven.