Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Cave Dweller by dracowolfie

Artist dracowolfie [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Cave Dweller

Postby dracowolfie » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:41 am

First off, in case this becomes an issue, even though I did cover up his "lower area", this specific character doesn't actually having anything down there to begin with, haha.

So, I haven't drawn anything on the Oekaki in well over a year, and I suddenly felt the urge to draw up one of my OC's "Nameless" for fun. Yes, Nameless is his name.

You can read more about him on my website here and see other drawings I've done of him over the years.
On my website you can also read about my other four main characters, and see other artwork I've done.

Nameless's design is constantly changing, because he is more of an idea than a real form. He embodies all of my negative energy and cruelty. I put all my personality sides into OC's, and thus right now I have 4. (There are going to be 5, but I haven't "discovered" him yet.) Nameless is the voice in my head that nags at me about how I can't do anything, and that I'll never be good enough. He is the tangible form of my angry depression. He is my dark passenger, in Dexter terms, haha. (Though no worries, I've taken no victims.)

Usually Nameless, in the past, has had shaggy long dark black hair to match his brother, Rhikter. (Rhikter is my main OC and the representation of myself; he helps me deal with gender dysphoria.) However I decided I have too many characters with black hair, and I like this look of straight pale brown hair on him.

All of my characters (Rhikter, Moose, Xander, and Nameless.) are very, very special to me and are part of my personal spirituality. To me, all of my characters are very real within my head, and we converse with eachother. I go to them when I'm having problems. They're my best friends, and my worst enemies. I am eclectic neopagan/wiccan, and my personal beliefs tie each one of my characters to a point on the pentagram, and stand for the elements that would normally follow. Rhikter is the top point of the star; he is my soul. Moose is the upper left point of the star, and he is the element of wind. Xander is the upper right point of the star, and he is the element of water. Nameless is the bottom right point of the star, and he is the element of fire. All that is left now is the bottom left point of the star, for the element of earth. He (or she I guess, but I'd be surprised if that was the case) hasn't come to me yet, but I'm still young, and I never push finding one of the pieces of my soul. It makes sense that earth hasn't come to me yet, because I really don't feel balance or strength in my life yet.

Honestly I could go on for hours about my philosophy with my characters, so I'll shut up now. :b

I put Nameless in a cave because that's where he is. He's trapped in a dark, cold place within me. He can only see that light, and be upset that it hurts his eyes.

I'm also still pretty unsatisfied with this drawing, the perspective wasn't what I was going for and I still need to practice digital shading techniques, but for a quick thing, I rather like it.
hi. i am immensely
shy, and am mostly
here to lurk
the oekaki.

i make video games
about cute creatures
and loving the world,
and i draw mostly monsters.

website

♦ any pronouns
♦ really likes puns

icon and sig art by me
i exist elsewhere
as well sometimes

+flight rising
+lorwolf

we're going to be okay

yes, you!
dracowolfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cave Dweller

Postby rainfall; » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:53 am

-. Nameless is gorgeous! ;A;
rainfall;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cave Dweller

Postby dracowolfie » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Thank you! ;u;

Last bumped by dracowolfie on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:38 pm.
hi. i am immensely
shy, and am mostly
here to lurk
the oekaki.

i make video games
about cute creatures
and loving the world,
and i draw mostly monsters.

website

♦ any pronouns
♦ really likes puns

icon and sig art by me