Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

color/markings tests by qwertyo

Artist qwertyo [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

color/markings tests

Postby qwertyo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:06 pm

I was supposed to be researching stuff for a speech I have tomorrow but then this happened. I don't even really know what I'm talking about, haha. Welp, gonna be a fun day tomorrow.

Anyways, here's some color and marking tests for an unnamed species. I'm thinking about having these be spotted, with the spots having a lot of variation, from small specks to large patches. They also have a belly type marking that's gonna have some variation too. Color wise, I'm probably just gonna let them be any color, like pallio dogs.

Also still have no idea what the thing inside their cheek/throat pouches are. I'm thinking some kinda heavy gas-like substance? Dunno what the purpose of it is either. I don't like making species that have a trait with no purpose.
Who are you wrote:
Sol (or qwertyo!) ☀︎ She/Her ☀︎ PST time

Links wrote:

☀︎ Toyhou.se
☀︎ Deviantart
☀︎ Commissions
☀︎ ♫ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER♫
qwertyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: color/markings tests

Postby 10ke » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:33 pm

maybe for the stuff in the pouches it could be like this gas, but they can use it as a smoke-screen kinda thing, but it stings if you touch it? it wouldn't sting others of the species, just any other thing

//terrible at coming up with ideas
:^)
10ke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: color/markings tests

Postby qwertyo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Yeah I was thinking something like that too. Having it be something that can harm others, but not others of the same species.

Hmm, gonna think more about this. I think the only use I can think of for it would be a defense mechanism of sorts. This species doesn't have claws to defend itself with, nor can it really bite down hard on anything, so what's left is the gas thing.

Edit: I think I just might have an idea now. Maybe the gas could be a poisonous substance or sorts? The gas can have different effects depending on how much is inhaled. I imagine small amounts would cause slight dizzyness and confusion, while very large amounts can cause some nasty things to happen, including death if the thing inhaling it doesn't get fresh air. Members of this species will be immune to the gas of others. This species would be able to let out the gas on command.

As for the color, well we can just say it's an aesthetic thing. Though it would be pretty interesting if certain colors = certain poison effects. Hmm.

Okay, I think I got it figured out now. That surprisingly didn't take long to come up with, haha.
Who are you wrote:
Sol (or qwertyo!) ☀︎ She/Her ☀︎ PST time

Links wrote:

☀︎ Toyhou.se
☀︎ Deviantart
☀︎ Commissions
☀︎ ♫ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER♫
qwertyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery