Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Niantere | Closed by Error

Based on Click to view
Artist Error [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 46 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Error

by Error

Niantere | Closed

Postby Error » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:06 am

Discussion Thread | Nursery | Link | Link | Link
Niantere - Ni-an-ter

Lore
Niantere are known to be bad omens. Stealing away good dreams from a sleeping mind, and hiding it away into a pearl or a bottle that they carry with their long tails; yet it is known that a few Niantere are good, snatching away nightmarish visions and bringing peace to the sleeper. There is large debate of rather or not Niantere are a bad or a good omen due to this reason.
It has been said that if one counts the Niantere, or “sheep”, before sleeping – they will fall into a deep sleep in which the Niantere cannot appear. Some people have even claimed capturing a Niantere and releasing the dreams that they have captured, however when they did this, they found that the dreams they had captured where their own. This has caused people to reason that a Niantere will steal away the dreams of only one person in particular, and not traveling from person another as it had once been thought.

Description
Niantere bare some similarities to that of a sheep, but some things change their basic appearance – the first, and most noticeable difference, is that they have a long, prehensile tail. They use this tail mostly to carry around a pearl or a bottle. Their hooves have a small indent, or a carved out spot, and are no truly cloven as they appear to be. They are about the size of a domestic house cat when full grown.
They can come in a variety of colors, thought it appears that those with a dark coat tend to steal away nightmares, where as those with a lighter coat color steal away good dreams.
It is possible for a Niantere to grow horns or even wool. Their wool only grows in a few places, and never completely covers their body. Horns appear to be nothing more than a mutation and not a result of gender.
Niantere will sometimes decorate themselves when random objects, normally something that matches up to the person they’re following around and stealing dreams from. Objects can be anything from jewelry (necklaces/piercings for example) to stuffed animals/blankets to random pieces and scraps of clothing. Some of these objects are not fully “there” and are merely images gathered up from dreams.

Further info regarding mutations and breeding can be found below.
Last edited by Error on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Rules

For Non-Owners
1. Be kind and considerate of others on this thread.
2. Do not complain or whine if you do not win a Niantere.
3. Begging or bribing for a Niantere is not allowed or tolerated.
4. You may only try out for a Niantere with images/art that belongs to yourself, or you have permission to use. For writing based contests – the writing must be completely yours.
5. Do not steal a Niantere’s design and claim it as your own.

Consistent breaking of these rules will cause you to be banned from the Niantere adopts.

For Owners
1. Be kind and considerate of others on this thread.
2. Your Niantere may be gifted to another user, however I prefer for them to not be sold.
3. You may show off your Niantere off site, but please do not claim ownership of the species.
4. You are allowed to add up to 3 accessories onto your Niantere.
5. A Niantere’s personality cannot contain anything hateful towards a major, or minor, group of people.
6. You can own up to 4 Niantere at a time. If you no longer like your Niantere, please contact me so that I may put it up for adoption again. (or you can consider gifting it to someone who wants it!)

Consistent breaking of these rules will cause your Niantere(s) to be removed from you, and then in turn you will be banned from the Niantere adopts.

For Artists:
1. Please make at least 1 design per 2 weeks. (Least amount of designs allowed per month = 2; most is up to you.)
2. A contest must be judged in a timely manner. All contests must end 7 days after their start. You may judge a contest for 1-3 days, but a contest cannot go unjudged for two weeks or more.
3. After you make 10 designs that have all been successfully adopted on time – you’re allowed to make a custom for yourself. After another 10 designs are complete, you’re allowed to make another custom design.
4. Make more common designs (no wool/small amounts of wool) more often than rare designs (horns/lots of wool). If you want to make a design that has full wool amounts and both horn types, please inform me of your idea first and wait for my go-ahead.
5. Of course, be kind and considerate of others on the thread.
6. You can only own 6 Niantere at a time.

Consistent breaking of these rules will cause you to lose your position as an artist. You will be permitted to keep any custom Niantere you gain as long as you do not break any of the Owner Rules.
Last edited by Error on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Further Information

Further Information

Wool Growth Patterns

Nianteres can grow a certain amount of wool throughout their bodies. Some Nianteres simply do not grow wool. Here is a wool chart along with rarity of the wool growth. Wool is completely random in appearance, no two Niantere will look alike due to the varying styles that the wool has. (Aka - there is no set "wool" already drawn on the base design, wool must be drawn by hand each time.)
Some Nianteres can have a mix of wool lengths, some parts being "full" and other parts being "half" or even "small". Because of this the rarity of a Niantere is varied.

Wool Info
    Wool Names/Types
    None - No wool growth at all.
    Small - small patches of wool.
    Half - a larger amount of wool.
    Full - fully grown wool.

Wool Rarity
    None - Very Common
    Small - Common
    Half - Uncommon
    Full - Rare
    Areas Wool can Grow
    Hood - Wool Grown on Head
    Coat - Wool grown on shoulders/chest
    Sleeve - Wool grown on legs
    Tail - Wool grown along the tail

Hood

Coat

Sleeve

Tail

Full Body Images

Small

Half

Full

Horns and other Mutations
As of right now, Nianteres can only have two different horn type mutations. There are no other mutations, but more will be added with time. Horns and other mutations are always on the rare side, unless stated otherwise.

Horn Info
    Horns Names/Types
    Nose - A small horn found on the nose
    Ram - Ram like horns

Horn Rarity
    Nose - Rare
    Ram - Very Rare

Diet
Niantere can eat nearly anything and everything – or simply, anything that has appeared “edible” in a dream. Sometimes a Niantere will have a favorite type of food, and search for it often within the dreams they’ve captured.

Breeding and Gender
Nianteres can be of any gender or sex, from male to female, to none at all. Some Nianteres like being a certain gender over another, and will change to match, while others will be completely genderless. This doesn’t affect their breeding habits, since Nianteres are born from the captured dreams the two parents gathered. The new born Niantere will resemble a mix of the parents, and a mix of the dreams captured by them. Only one or two Nianteres are born at a time from this, which is possibly why the captured dreams are so valuable to the Nianteres.
Nianteres rarely breed.

(Notice: Breeding is unavailable until baby lines are made.)
Last edited by Error on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rarity Calculator

Rarity Calculator

There are 4 areas wool can grow on a Niantere, these areas each can appear in the full, half, or small amounts. Full being the rarest, and small being the most common. One Niantere might have a full hood along with a small tail. This might cause some confusion, leaving someone to be uncertain if they gained a rare Niantere or not. So this is a simple calculator to help understand what makes a Niantere rare or common.

1/4 = One out of four - in reference to the four areas wool can grow. A very common Niantere can have a small hood or a small tail - or even both, and still count towards the Very Common rarity.
A common Niantere can have 1 "Half" patch, and any other small patches. So if a Niantere has a half hood, a small tail, sleeve, and coat it would be of a common rarity.

Very Common
    No Wool
    1/4 "Small" patches of wool
    2/4 "Small" patches of wool

Common
    3/4 "Small" patches of wool
    4/4 "Small" patches of wool
    1/4 "Half" patches of wool

Uncommon
    2/4 "Half" patches of wool
    3/4 "Half" patches of wool
    Horn mutation (Nose)

Very Uncommon
    4/4 "Half" patches of wool
    1/4 "Full" patches of wool
    Horn mutation (Ram)

Rare
    2/4 "Full" patches of wool
    3/4 "Full" patches of wool
    Horn mutation (Ram or Nose)

Very Rare
    4/4 "Full" patches of wool
    Horn mutation (Ram and Nose)

Last edited by Error on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby Error » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:07 am

Fanclub | Newborns | Aged | Customs | Purchase MYOs
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Break

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Breaks

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Breaks

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Breaks
Last edited by Error on Thu May 18, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Niantere | Open

Postby Error » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:07 pm

Thread is now open!
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oMallieKat » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:24 pm

Mark! This is awesome!
Profile art by dragons whisper
oMallieKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carmineflyer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:24 pm

These are really cute!
My Links
My DA
My FR
Ask.fm

activity will be sporadic,
there's just a lot of things coming up in life right now
carmineflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bison » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:03 pm

Marking! <3
Tamu | Kipper | Yubari | Makhata | Dip | Ulysses | Kallie | Corona

I used to be "ShortAxel" and "Princess Celestia"
Avatar by Celozon. Sig photos by me. Sig art by riddlestyx and Joojoo.
Bison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby belle noire » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:09 pm

mark! >u<
┌───────────────────┐

Imagex
▬▬▬ [ FINE RAIN FALLING FROM A CLEAR SKY ] ▬▬▬

possible text? this is a huge wip sorry.

└───────────────────┘
┌───────────────────┐

wow another text box what am i gonna do with so much space?

└───────────────────┘
belle noire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me