Staff Kiamara - ditzee - Winner Announced! by Alva.

Based on Click to view
Artist Alva. [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 11
66 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Alva.

Staff Kiamara - ditzee - Winner Announced!

Postby Alva. » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:37 pm

What is a Kiamara?
A kiamara is a wolf/lion-like creature. They have long, fluffy manes on the top of their heads, running down between their shoulders. They all have spots on their bodies- a trait in which will never be bred out of their DNA. They also have feathers- every Kiamara is given feathers when they reach the age of 2 years old. Their diet consists of fruit as well as meat- they prey on similar creatures that wolves would. Kiamara can be very shy before they get to know you. Can you win a Kiamara's heart?

- transparent version -

So so so excited to be able to finally post my staff Kiamara! I really hope you guys like it.

This competition is an
Impress Me
but, this one is a little different...

I don't want your average "impress me form". I'm looking for something unique, original, over-the-top! Prove to me that you just have to have this Kia!
The only requirements are that you have to state their name, gender (or lack thereof), and your username!
Other than that, go crazy!

A few things I want to clear up...

- DO NOT ASK FOR EXTENSIONS! If I want to give an extension, I will. BUT, the moment someone asks for one, you can say good bye to it. DO NOT ASK FOR EXTENSIONS!
- Do not bug me when it comes to judging. This competition will be going on during the height of the holiday season, and I'll eb busy spending time with my family. If the competition takes 2 months to judge, it takes 2 months to judge! Please don't "bump" or "remind me" about this competition. I won't forget.
-

PM me any questions!

End Date:
January 1st
(New Years)
Last edited by Alva. on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hey I'm Alva!
I'm just dodging on and off of this site. If we're old friends feel free to message me.
Alva.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Kiamara - ditzee

Postby lost in time. » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Ignore this post, I decided I was trying out for two many of the staff kias and had to eliminate a couple </3
Last edited by lost in time. on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Image Image Image
lost in time.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dr pepper. » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:42 pm

wip
Last edited by dr pepper. on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dr pepper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GIGABITE » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:42 pm

what a babe
reserve

Bisexual - Non-Binary - Any pronouns
Characters - DeviantArt

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
GIGABITE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawnbreeze10210 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:43 pm

ImageImageImage

u s e r n a m e ..................... n a m e ................... m e a n i n g ................ g e n d e r

Dawnbreeze10210..................... Koemi....................... Little smile.....................Female...

And that's what innocence is. It's simple and trusting like a child, not judgmental and committed to one narrow point of view. If you are locked into a pattern of thinking and responding, your creativity gets blocked. You miss the freshness and magic of the moment. Learn to be innocent again, and that freshness never fades.
― Michael Jackson

a g e ..................... b i r t h d a y ................... b i r t h s t o n e ................ b i r t h . s i g n

Nineteen................... December 1st....................... Turquoise..........................Sagittaruis......

So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

p e r s o n a l i t y

Well-Mannered
      Koemi is very well-mannered, she was raised to have the most lady like personality and duties. When it comes to duties, it simply means Koemi does the simple things that have been overlooked now by others. Such as holding the door, clearing away her own dishes, excusing herself from the table, thanking someone for the meal if it was cooked or bought for her. The list goes on really. Something she always does is mind her manners, always saying "please" or "thank you", instead of saying "what?" she says "pardon?" or "excuse me?". She apologies quite often believe it or not, whether it was for her mistake or someone else's. She doesn't take well to those who are rude or forget their manners, and one of her pet peeves is when someone doesn't say excuse me after burping and laughs instead.

Innocent
      Little Koemi isn't like most Kiamara's her age. She was brought up in a family that didn't believe in dating at a young age, instead she was brought up to focus on her studies and work towards a good job and an education.. A significant other could wait. What's more to this is Koemi's childhood and teenage years were different then how other's were brought up. Sure, every family has a different way to bring up their child or children, but for Koemi, she was raised to where she is now very innocent or 'pure'. She didn't have things like Barbie in her life, instead, her family influenced her towards Disney movies and reading. Koemi isn't up to date, nor does she care about fangirling, fawning over boys, inappropriate slang or ideas, etc. If someone were to ask her the members of her favourite band, she wouldn't be able to answer. If someone were to say some dirty joke that other's laughed at, she wouldn't understand. It's almost as if she is still a child but grown up, however she has the life experience most children haven't faced yet.

Loveable
      Being innocent, Koemi has a sort of child like view point on life. She still sees the bad and the good, however she tends to focus more towards the good. Being the way she is, many seem to have a certain fondness for her, whether it be from being so 'cute and innocent' to simply lending a smile without intending to. Something sweet about Koemi is that she loves flying, although she doesn't get to that often. She asks her friends several times over for piggy back rides, and will always spread her arms out to pretend that they're wings. It's something hard to describe but the way that she acts draws individuals close to her or irritates them. Sometimes her personality can frustrate others, since she can be incredibly indecisive... But over all, Koemi some how manages to perk up someone's mood.

Indecisive
      Decisions, decisions, decisions. There are so many choices, so many possibilities, so many different factors that tend to influence Koemi's decisions. As stated earlier, she is incredibly indecisive. When making a decision, she asks so many other's for an opinion, even if it's something specifically for her or something to drink. Her mind always factors in things like "what will other's think?" or "is it really worth it?". It can be very frustrating for other's, especially since it can take her so long to simply make a decision, and when she does, she has this sort of look on her face like she's unsure with her answer.

Gullible
      This was viewed in the video, however it was cut off with the orientation of how it downloaded, oops. But to elaborate and clarify the video said:

Gullible → Easily trusts others → Easily deceived → Easily taken in

This is all very true about Koemi. Instead of a lack of trust, Koemi has too much of it. She puts a lot of faith into those that she meets and often finds herself feeling heart broken or in tough situations. Even though she has never dated anyone before, and in some cases that might be why she has little distrust in other's, however it can also be seen as a way of Koemi trying to nudge her way out of her parent's hold. But when someone so to speak, back stabs her, it affects Koemi greatly. She doesn't shake off things like that easily, and you'd think that would bring to the sensible thing and to choose friends carefully, but it only entitles her to try harder and continue to trust easily. And the thing it, Koemi doesn't know she has a lack of sense with it comes to trusting other's. Even if she's gotten into awkward or bad situations with the wrong people, or feeling that stab of hurt when a so called friend creates a lack of their friendship. It's tough on Koemi emotionally but she tends not to notice, most often, it's that look in her eyes that gives away her silent thoughts.

You see, you closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too--even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling.
― Mitch Albom

════════════════════════════════════════════════

When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
― Patrick Rothfuss

h a b i t s . a l l e r g i e s . p h i l i a s

Nervous Habit
      A nervous habit of Keomi's is she tends to duck her head. Her chin will fall to her chest and her eyes will focus on anything but the person she is talking to. It became a habit from when she was younger, she wasn't the perfect child, and she did get into trouble like any child would. It started then, because whenever she got in trouble she'd lower her head and stare at her feet or the ground so it wouldn't show she was upset or nervous. From then it just became a second reaction to whenever she didn't want to face something directly.
    Nightly "routine"
      Every night Keomi will fluff her pillow before she goes to sleep. She's not exactly sure why, but she enjoys the wonderful feeling of flopping her head down into a puff of soft feathers, and sinking into the comfort of something warm.. Almost like the hugs she got from her mother. Keomi was afraid of the dark as a child, always thinking that monsters came out in the dark, but not in the night.. Which is why she got a night light that she kept until the age of thirteen.

Strawberry Allergy
      Keomi has a minor allergy to strawberries, it isn't so serious that she could die from consuming it, however she gets extremely itchy and her eyes water.
    Hazelnuts Allergy
      Hazelnuts are a serious problem for Keomi, if she consumes even a small piece of the nut she will experience a major reaction. Her throat will 'close up' and she'll have severe difficulty to breath. Signs she has consumed hazelnut is an itchy tongue or throat, swelling of any body part (usually the face and paws), as well as difficulties to breath.

Aviophilia
      The strong affection for flying. Ever since her first plane ride with her parent's, Keomi has a strong love for flying. Although she doesn't often get to experience flying, she likes to pretend and dream about. As said earlier, Keomi often asks her friend's for piggy back rides and will spread her arms out to pretend they're wings. Some Kiamara's think that the little 'wings' she has on her shoulders were a coincidence while other's just think it a cute unique aspect of her. These little wings simply looked like extremely fluffy tufts of fur when she was younger, but as she aged they produced a more defined form that resembled wings. These little 'wings' she has are something that she takes pride in and adores... And she doesn't mind telling stories to children about them either.

If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers.
―Maya Angelou

q u i r k s

Smile
      Keomi only smiles with her lips, and never with her teeth. She never, in a sense grins, instead just a broad smile. She isn't sure why, but she only likes smiling and doesn't like showing off we teeth. It feels more natural for her to smile only with her lips. Often times finding if she grins her face muscles become quickly tired.
    Swearing
      Since she was raised 'properly' so to speak, Keomi doesn't ever swear. Instead she uses words like "fluff" or "darn it." It's more of a choice that she chooses not to swear, and she doesn't regret it... However many have tried to get her to swear at least once in her life, she sort of finds the words rude and impolite.

I think it is all a matter of love; the more you love a memory the stronger and stranger it becomes.
― Vladimir Nabokov

l i t t l e . t h i n g s

Sparkly objects like crystal or sparklers
      Sweet tasting foods
      Cuddles and hugs. She also adores old fashioned gestures like being given flowers, having her door opened, telling to call to make sure she it home okay.
      Winter - lots of sparkle and perfect weather for cuddling and ice skating
      Calligraphy
      Midsummer Night's Dream - Shakespeare (she enjoys reading for fun, especially the classics for instance To Kill a Mockingbird)
      Hot chocolate with extra marshmallows
      LOVES flying or the feeling of flying. She can often be found on a swing because in a way... It's sort of like flying when you close your eyes.
      All Disney movies. Favourites Include: The Lion King, Tangled, and Mulan
    Dislikes
      Bitter and Sour tasting foods and fruit
      Summer - too hot and she doesn't like sweating
      Computer fonts - especially Comic Sans
      When people are impolite and don't treat others with respect. (ex. Burping)
      Having individual's buy her things
      Making decisions
      Too much electronic time
    Playlist
      Many of these songs have reflected at least one of the feelings she's felt either growing up or recently. For example, When Will my Life Begin, is something she's felt for a while now since her parent's have been rather strict with her while she's been growing up. Like no dating, keeping her from swearing, following all the rules, etc. Tangled is a strong representation of what her childhood and younger teenage years were like... A lot of strict rules and following her parent's every word.
      Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out loud »
      Rascal Flatts - I won't let go »
      5 Seconds of Summer - Amnesia »
      Owl City - Fireflies »
      The Gray Havens »
      Hakuna Matata »
      When Will my Life Begin »
      I See the Light »

Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall.
― Ray Bradbury

r e l a t i o n s h i p s

ImageMunin
      These two have a relationship that allows the both of them to find each other smiling at something they're saying. Munin tends to talk about anything and everything with Koemi, and she finds that she'll be smiling by the time he's done talking. Keomi often finds herself going to Munin when she becomes upset, and it doesn't seem to matter at what time she shows up at his doorstep or calls him, he always answers. It's a wonder how many times Munin had heard her crying about a so called friend backstabbing her, and it's a wonder how many times he had made her smile afterwards. This is something that is extremely important to the two, since Koemi doesn't tend to tell other's about things that happen to her between people she once trusted. She won't whine of complain, cry or get angry around anyone else except for around Munin, who she can go to and actually show how upset she is. When not with Munin, yes, it's simply that look in her eyes. His protective quality for her created a great comfort for her that she adores. He tends to keep her level headed, and even though he's told her several times to save her trust for the right people, she doesn't listen. However, Munin provides that little inner voice she sort of lacks in. Out of anything, Koemi can't thank Munin enough for helping her smile.

ImageTheodore
      Theodore and Koemi are still getting to know each other. Even with Koemi's quick to trust actions, Theodore is still wary around strangers. They've gotten to know each other some, and something that fascinates Theodore the most is Koemi's different coloured eyes. The fact she had heterochromatic eyes fascinates Theodore and his love for answers. Although there is scientific research about why individuals receive two different eye colours, he seems to like to find out what Koemi thinks about them and he himself tried to figure out what colour they are exactly. Her eyes seem to keep Theodore around, and his shy little questions about them only make her want to put more trust into this Kiamara... She's waiting for the right moment to call him Theo... Now just doesn't seem the right time in their stage of early friendship, or what she hopes is to become a friendship.

ImageMaryei
      The fact that Maryei can't see provides a certain interest for Keomi. It makes her wonder how Maryei sees the world, how she visualizes things, how she imagine sit all. In order to help her curiosity Keomi can often be found chattering to Maryei describing just about anything. Whether it be a specific flower, the way the waves ripple, and lately, Keomi has been describing flying. It's wonderful to describe flying, she finds a certain happiness in doing so, and she hopes she's been providing Maryei a chance to understand and visualize what Keomi adores. What's also different about Maryei is that she can sense other's aura's, and something that Maryei tends to notice about Keomi is when she's feeling appreciated.

Other Potential Friends she has put her Trust in are not listed because they aren't as well acquainted with Koemi.. These are the few that Koemi has become fond of or values greatly.

The truly scary thing about undiscovered lies is that they have a greater capacity to diminish us than exposed ones. They erode our strength, our self-esteem, our very foundation.
― Cheryl Hughes

e l e v e n

She was smiling. She could feel it. That curl of her lips, the crinkle at the corner of her eyes. And that special feeling that seemed to lift her mood. That familiar voice barely faltered, but she heard it, that brief pause when he saw her lips curl into that familiar smile. Then it was going again, the smooth tone of his voice, the warmth that levelled his words. She sighed shakily, taking in a deep breath before letting out evenly. Her crying had stopped, and she wasn't sure when it had, now her eyes just felt tired. She nuzzled her face into his arm, and her arms coiled around his, holding it as if it was a teddy bear.

Her ears continued to listen to him however and what he was saying. The couch they were laying on was suddenly extremely comfortable and her eye lids were heavy. Closing her eyes as she heard every single word he spoke. He was talking about the time they'd met, one of his many memories. She liked his stories, but it may just be because she also found comfort in his words. A soft sigh of content left her lungs and the soft chuckle that came from sounded like soft thunder. He must be remembering the part where she first asked him for a piggy back ride. It was late, or extremely early, maybe 3 am in the morning. Yet he was still talking to her.

"Sleep well Keomi." She heard him whisper in her ear, but he didn't stop talking. He had closed his own eyes as well, allowing her to hug his arm. Munin's voice softened, while he talked to the now dozing girl. She had come on the verge of tears, crying to him again. This was the eleventh person she'd talked to him about, he'd been counting. It was a wonder how any others there were before she had met him. She was usually so cheerful, with that little spring to her step that made him chuckle or want to smile. And yet, eleven. Eleven people that she'd talked to him about had ruined the trust she had given them. He always told her the same lecture but she never listened. It was painful, seeing her like that, but he always valued seeing that beautiful smile that managed to dance it's way into her lips after he told her a story or simply talked at random. Now, the black haired girl slept soundly, and he was glad to find that small smile still on her lips, and he couldn't help but to smile too.

Just remember... it doesnt matter how long you have known each other.. all that matters is that he has kept you smiling from day one
― Cassie

t r e a s u r e

It may look like it from appearance that Koemi is a stuck up, spoiled girl in a rich family... But that isn't the case. Koemi has a bad sense of guilt when other's buy her something. Whether it be something as small as a drink or something as grand as a car. She feels bad that someone would spend money on her when she is perfectly capable of paying for things herself. Whenever she gets the chance to, she pays back the individuals that buy her something or gifts them. Now what about Koemi's beautiful jewels you might be questioning. Well, of course as a child Koemi asked for things for her birthday or Christmas, like any child would. She would always ask her mom or dad for a small crystal figurine of some sort of cute animal or character. Her mom always promised that she'd get her one for her birthday or Christmas, but she never did get one of those crystal figurines she adored. Instead her parent's would buy her a different piece of jewellery with the colours that reflected her fur. Their explanation?
    "You can do something with these Koemi. You can wear them and treasure them instead of looking at a tiny piece of crystal sitting on a shelf."

It's that look in her eyes where you know something's wrong. Behind the cries of silence, behind the world of lies. There's a reason that you don't know of.. There's that look in her eyes.
― dawnbreeze10210

Sometimes the questions are complicated but the answers are simple.
― Dr. Seuss

c r e d i t s

Kiamara's
    Art and Video
      Bubble life by: Dawnbreeze10210
      Human form made from
      Video by: Dawnbreeze10210
      Music: Fireflies - Owl City

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Last edited by Dawnbreeze10210 on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 21 times in total.
╔═══════════════════════╗
A lady must always be two things:
━━━━━━━
Classy
&
Fabulous
━━━━━━━
Hello!
Just call me Dawn

━━━━━━━
E M M E L I N E
━━━━━━━
Kiamaras can be found here
╚═══════════════════════╝
Dawnbreeze10210

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby siennacereal » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Possible reserve <33
XXXXXXXXXart by ;; Purrfectpal
?
?
?
?
?
?

My Kalons

----------

Commissions ;;

here
siennacereal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby O b l i v i o n ☯ » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:48 pm

res owo

Owner of a Shima <3
☁Birthday: April 27th☁
O b l i v i o n ☯

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Not so Perfect Swan Princess

Postby Karmaloco » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Karmaloco

Image Odette Belrose
{ o-DEHT behl-ROHS }
Image French for "Wealthy"
Image Female
Image Heterosexual
Image Twenty Two
Image April 15th
Image Diamond
ImageFrench and English

Odette talking.
Vain:
"I guess it just comes from before my 'curse'..but I always look good. I mean look at this, I'm beautiful."
Odette has always been vain, in any embodiment. If someone looks better than her, she comes off as very cold to them. She loves to look good and makes looking her best, her top priority.
Selfish:
"Me, Selfish!?..Yeah, you're right, I mean seriously the self is the most important thing..and it's the only thing that we live with for our whole life."
As of right now, Odette is very selfish because this was the trait that sealed her fate. She enjoys her self gratification and doesn't like to share things. If she feels it is hers than she will not let anyone near it.
Flirt:
"Who are you accusing as flirty? I..alright I am but so what. There's no harm in a little flirting, keeps life exciting."
She can be a very big flirt, she loves attention. By flirting she feels she can trigger emotion out of anyone. She flirts with both genders regardless of her sexuality; positive attention is all she aims for.
Blunt:
"Blunt? I just have high standards, you know, and I won't associate with those who do not meet them."
Odette can be very blunt and straight to the point. If she doesn't like you she's not afraid to confront you about it and point out what exactly she doesn't like. At times this side of her can seem very rude and almost hateful, but it's just the way she is.
Manipulative:
"What kind of person doesn't like to score free things out of a little manipulation? If you do it right, all you need is the right bat of your eyes and the perfect swing of your tail."
Odette is very manipulative. She will do everything and anything in her power to persuade you into doing her bidding. She likes being in control of the situation and knowing that she can always manipulate someone into helping or doing something for her.
Creative:
"What, I can't be creative? I love to create new things, especially if it involves jewels."
She is super creative. She loves taking old cloth and converting it into something new. She has also been known to take old jewelry and remove the gemstone to use in another creation.
Dramatic:
"Dramatic?! DRAMATIC!? How dare you refer to me as dramatic! Oh where do you get off calling me dramatic! You'll hear form my lawyer, dramatic! I think I deserve an Oscar for that performance."
Odette enjoys being dramatic. She feels it adds drama to the normally dull and monotone world. She also likes to preform small drama skits for others who will watch. She also tends to over react to small situations.
Jewels.
Butterflies.
Old Cloth.
Positive Attention.
Ugly things.
Being Hated.
Awkward moments.
Negative Attention.
Eats by pecking at her food.
When angry, she makes a hissing noise.
Sleeps with her head near her side and her tail over her face.
Fidgets when sitting too long.

Odette stood in a large room. "Upon first impression,” she paused walking around, “you may assume I'm a normal, average Kiamara, right?” She laughed softly, and spoke again, “Well, you would be wrong. I'm here to tell you my story; the story about how I came to be this way," she finishes, pointing to the seat in front of the small stage. "My life is abnormal, some may even say tragic, but I'll let you be the judge of that." A flash brightens the room as a screen drops and a short film begins.
On a small lake, sits a pure white swan, the sun reflecting off her perfect feathers. She slowly grooms her feathers and looks to the sky, squinting. The swan slowly swims towards the waters edge and gets out of the lake, walking to a small shaded spot to lay in the cool grass. She lays down and rests her head down behind her wing. Shortly after, a loud croaking noise can be heard. Her head pops up and she looks around, confused. When she can’t find the source of the noise, she lays her head back down. After another short while, the croak can be heard again, but this time when the swan pops her head up, her gaze is met by a large toad.
The swan's eyes narrow in disgust, “What do you want toad?” She asked with a hateful tone. The toad only stared blankly back at the swan croaking loudly. The swan looked at the toad, her disgust growing, “Well toad, what is it?” The toad, speaking in a hoarse voice, “Oh beautiful swan, might you share with me where I can find a meal in this place?” The swan, with disgust still in her eyes, spoke harshly, “This is my lake, toad, find somewhere else to feed.” She stood flapping her wings to shoo the toad off. The toad croaked again, “But please dear swan. I have been traveling for days and I am very famished.” The swan flapped her wings faster and snapped back, “I said be gone you horrid creature!” Once the swan finished her sentence, a cloud of smoke surrounded them.
After the smoke had cleared, in the place of the toad stood an elderly Witch. The witch started speaking, “Swan, you had an opportunity to receive fortune and even a better home,, but by being so cruel to another, especially one out of their own luck, you shall be punished.” The swan looked up at the the old woman with terror in her eyes, “Oh witch I promise, I can change my ways, I can be less selfish!” The witch started muttering under her breath in an unknown language, then suddenly pointed at the swan with an old bent wand.
The witch continued her incantation, “Selfishness be your fault, and in selfishness your fate will lie!” The witch waved her wand and a cloud of smoke swirled around the swan.
The screen turned black and lifted back into the air. A small spotlight shone on Odette, “you see, this is not some fictional story about a lost swan,” she paused sitting down, “I was once that swan, beautiful, with snow white feathers, and large wonderful wings. You see, because of my selfishness to keeping my lake to myself I was, I guess, cursed.” She held up her hands, showing her wrist bands, “these lock me in this form forever more, even my eyes tell the story of my past. My yellow-green eye being my swan self, and my green being my Kiamara self. I’m not upset about it though” she said laughing, “In fact I’m glad that foolish witch has cursed me.”
She then stood, “In fact, that witch blessed me in my opinion. I love being a Kiamara!” She throws her hands in the air, as if thanking the witch, “Though,” she paused, looking back down, “I have to stay selfish and keep the personality I had when I was a swan, I have to stay the same way I was.” Odette looks to her hands, “I don’t want to be a swan again, I mean I miss my wings yes, but I don’t want to go back to being a swan.” She sits again, “Well that is my story, I’m not a normal Kiamara, I’m at most, a misfit but I don’t regret it.”
Odette swishes her tail, “Aren't my pebbles just fantastic? Oh, you thought these were gems? or beads? No, no, no,” she laughs. She flashes a playful smile, “I'll gladly share the tale of how I got them if you have time of course.” The pebbles clink together as she begins her story.
"Long ago, when I was a swan, I lived on a hidden lake. The lake was so serene, so peaceful, hardly anything ever breaking it's silence. One day, the sun was rising, preparing for a beautiful new day. I awoke to the normal sounds of the lake awakening as well. Stretching my wings out, I decided to go for my usual morning swim to wake up fully. I walked to the waters edge, but something was unusual.
Normally on my morning swims, the sun had not hit the water yet, but today there was a small stream of light. The light was reflecting off something that shone and twinkled in the rays. I did what any normal swan would do and started my way into the lake, but dunked my head into the water to investigate further. When my head and neck were fully emerged, I opened my eyes to get a closer look at the shiny objects.
To my amazement they were bright blue pebbles; I’d never seen pebbles so beautiful. I jerked my head out of the water and looked around to make sure no one else had seen them. Once I was sure no one was around, I dove under the water, taking three pebbles at a time. After I had collected all the pebbles, I went back to land and thought to myself, these pebbles must be special, so I used them to decorate my nest.
Though one day, a pesky robin was eyeing my beautiful pebbles. No matter how many times I hissed or flapped my wings at that robin, it would always return, eyeing my perfect pebbles. After three days of putting up with that bird, I hid them where no one but I could find them.
The day after my transformation, after looking at my reflection in my lake, I went to retrieve them. Some pesky robin wasn't going to fly off with my pebbles! Then I got an idea: what if I wore the pebbles and never took them off? I quickly looked around for something to use as string. I could not find anything to use as string, so thus headed out of my perfectly hidden lake.
When I entered the woods, I found an old headband that appeared to be made out of woven string. I tore it in half, pulling off just enough string to tie my pebbles up. After I tied three of the pebbles, I then tied my new creation to my tail, but it felt like something was still missing. I started walking back to my lake, my pebbles clinking with each swish of my tail.
I entered my little hide away and noticed a feather: one of my wing feathers. I rushed over to the feather and picked it up, I looked at the feather, then my tail and tied a string around the feather, attaching it with my pebbles. After I was satisfied with my new tail decoration, I walked to the lake to check my appearance once again. Something still felt missing, and I had seven pebbles left. I remembered that I still had a little bit of the headband left.
I wove the pebbles into what was left of the headband, putting the largest in the middle. After I finished, I pulled two strings off and dangled the last two pebbles from the headband. I walked over to the lake to look at my reflection one last time: it was perfect. Everything just fit so well together, and I couldn't be happier."
Odette swings her tail again, making the pebbles clink once more, “I couldn't be happier that I found the pebbles, I had a feeling they would make cute items!” She giggles happily and bounces away, her pebbles clinking.

What is your favorite quote?
“'Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.' by Walter Scott. I just enjoy this quote, because it makes me think of a play. That's the main reason why I enjoy it, because it sounds almost like a small play in a sentence."
What is your favorite movie genre?
"Well, if you couldn't tell I love to be dramatic. So what types of movies do you think I'm into? Action. I'm joking, I do enjoy the occasional action movies but I really prefer drama films. The more you tear up the better in my opinion. I love movies where the woman becomes distraught at the loss of a love and a new, better love arises."
What is your favorite color?
"My favorite color is in fact gold. To me, gold is a symbol of elegance and beauty, therefore indicating your status in life. I know it sounds..bad in a way but I just like the hue. So gold things are great presents for me and might just land you into my 'talk to' group."
What is your favorite food?
"That is actually kind of tough for me to be honest. I'd probably have to say bread. Yes, bread, it's just something that has carried over from when I was a swan. I'll admit that bread still just tastes amazing to me. I mean I do enjoy other things now, like the taste of meats such as steak and chicken. I feel a little guilty at times eating another bird in a way so I don't eat chicken often, but bread just is my favorite."
Do you always wear your bracelets?
"Well..they are kind of sealing me in my Kiamara form, so yes. I can't take them off in any way unless somehow I break the spell, but we both know I'm not going to do that."
What is one thing you really hate?
"I hate negative attention, it's the worst thing in my opinion. I would rather be hated than to receive negative attention. It's not fun to be near or even hear, and can harm a person's ego. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, ever."
Why do you wish to remain a Kiamara?
"Well, to be fully honest with you, I enjoy it more. I feel as though I have more freedom in this form, plus I feel I'm more beautiful compared to my swan form. Sure there are times when I miss flying and my wings, but I just enjoy this form more. The most enjoyable is probably running, when I ran as a swan on land it made me feel foolish, but in this form it's pure elegance."
What is the reason behind your jewels?
"Here's a funny story, they aren't jewels at all. I mean I personally love jewels, but these on my tail and on my head are pebbles. I found them one day as a swan and hid them away, they shone so beautifully I couldn't help myself. I found them at the bottom of my lake if you're interested in them."
Where did you get your feather?
"It's actually mine. When I was being turned I lost one of my wing feathers, I quickly grabbed it when I had noticed what had happened. At first I was so shocked and devastated but after I saw my reflection and felt my strong legs, I was less so. Anyway, I fastened my feather with the beautiful pebbles to create my cute tail decoration."
Are you comfortable with your appearance? Why?
"Yes I am, why are you asking me this? Just because I was once a different animal doesn't mean I'm not happy or comfortable. I mean there isn't anything I would change, that I can think of. Wings might be nice, but I don't really need them. That would be the only thing, if I was able to change or add anything, it would be wings."
Have you met Karmaloco's Kotomi? If so, do you two get along?
"I have, she is sort of beautiful I guess, so I can talk to her without feeling as if I've lowered my standards. She's very easy to offend though and sometimes very foolish. All in all I'd have to say we do in a way get along, but she can be a little too skittish. A bug walked by us and she screamed, I mean come on it was just a bug!"
Do you have any other accessories you wear?
"I have a winter accessory I wear. It is a white fake swan feather wrap I wear around my shoulders with a bow in the front. It reminds me in a way of my old feathers when I was a swan in the texture, without it actually being swan. Other than that I don't really wear accessories, I do enjoy making them though."
Do you have any fears?
"As of now, if you could count it, I'm slightly afraid of turning back into a swan. I know it sounds silly, and a bit odd, but it's my fear. I've developed a life as a Kiamara, and to think of going back to being a swan unsettles me. When someone pushes the matter too much of asking if I want to be a swan again I get really uneasy and I flee the situation. If you are looking for a more usual fear, I'm terrified of snakes. The way they dart their tongues, sends shivers down my spine."

ImageImageImageImageImage
A small warning, Odette only listens to orchestra music or piano music. She considers herself very elegant so she tends to keep her tastes classy. She doesn't like listening to this music that plays now days. If someone was to attempt to make her listen to other music she will stop being friends with them.

Nutcracker: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy by Tchaikovsky
"Yes, I have a soft spot for classic ballet music, so sue me. I enjoy it because to me it feels almost impish and playful. The song to me also seems happy and light to me, I just enjoy it."
Swan Lake Waltz by Tchaikovsky
"Yes, another classic ballet song. Admit it though, you can picture being in a cute dress and whisked around a ball room while this is being played. To me this is perfect dancing music and it just makes me want to grab a partner and dance the waltz till the sun raises."
Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
"Oh Moonlight Sonata, the perfect song for a night alone with a book. To me this song just reminds me of the perfect night, I can see how some picture a sad or tragic seance though. Though in my head I just see a perfect night, with a beautiful full moon."
Fur Elise by Beethoven
"Another perfect ball room dance song! I have a thing for ball room dancing okay, I swear in a past life I was a princess or something. In my opinion this song isn't long enough."
Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy
Odette yawns, "This song is so relaxing, I almost always fall asleep listening to it. It to me is another beautiful night song, something that makes you think of a wonderful full moon in the sky and all the stars. It's so peaceful." She yawns again.
ImageImageImageImageImage

special thanks to bambi, and Rivkah for spelling and coding help.
Last edited by Karmaloco on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 54 times in total.
Karmaloco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BecNessMonster » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Username; BecNessMonster
name: liliana
gender female

Please bump things I have forgotten// My Dogons //
BecNessMonster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlaskanAlpaca » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:05 pm

mark
Deviant Art

I am officially leaving CS for good. I had only been staying for Plumerians, and now that they have been shut down I feel free to leave. Thanks for the good time guys! Come find me on DeviantART, the link is above.
AlaskanAlpaca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me