Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Thanksgiving by Gypaetus Barbatus

Artist Gypaetus Barbatus [gallery]
Time spent 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Thanksgiving

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:47 am

Happy Native American genocide day and happy turkeys suffered for your dinner day. <3
name's alec. legally an adult and thus paying bills. they/them or he/him pronouns have my preference.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thanksgiving

Postby yikes » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:50 am

*really loud clapping*

Horray for more terribly rooted american holidays.

xImage i <3 the computer
xImage artist + creature owner
xImage my website

yikes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swampfiend » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:19 am

ahh the turkey holocaust was so delecious <3
(My dad made a joke about that during dinner- The Colonists would conquer the Indian's land if they found ANYTHING. "I found a sandwich on this land. KICK THEM OUT!")
hey im izzie and i like drawing
they/them - lizard enthusiast

i'm in a million AP classes, so i'm not super active ^-^''
swampfiend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bottle » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:49 am

Oh, it's history time! :D
actually, the pilgrims did not kill native americans. The native americans helped the pilgrims, who were starving, through the winter. The pilgrims were not looking for land, they were looking for a place to worship freely without being told by a king what to do. Thanksgiving didn't become a holiday until Abraham Lincoln was president, and originally it was a day of fasting. interesting, huh? The reason being was that it was during the civil war, and Mr. Lincoln decided that if everyone fasted and turned to God, the war might be won. It then became an annual thing after that. The original date was the fourth thursday of november, not the third. Then, later on, it became less God-based, and Teddy Roosevelt and FDR changed it so that it was better for the economy. That is also why there is Black Friday, where people pepper spray grandma just to get that deal on the plasma TV.

So, Thanksgiving really isn't about the pilgrims coming to america to 'murder' the natives like most unread people assume, it was a day to give thanks. It later became more secular and consumerism based.
Also, I think you might be confusing the pilgrims with Columbus. That's a different story. (and Columbus wasn't an american, by the way.)

Hope this is interesting! :)
Last edited by Bottle on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey honey bunnies! I'm not as active here anymore, so check out my other social media links!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Instagram

Bottle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:55 am

Bottle wrote:
Oh, it's history time! :D
actually, the pilgrims did not kill native americans. The native americans helped the pilgrims, who were starving, through the winter. The pilgrims were not looking for land, they were looking for a place to worship freely without being told by a king what to do. Thanksgiving didn't become a holiday until Abraham Lincoln was president, and originally it was a day of fasting. interesting, huh? The reason being was that it was during the civil war, and Mr. Lincoln decided that if everyone fasted and turned to God, the war might be won. It then became an annual thing after that. The original date was the fourth thursday of november, not the third. Then, later on, it became less God-based, and Teddy Roosevelt and FDR changed it so that it was better for the economy. That is also why there is Black Friday, where people pepper spray grandma just to get that deal on the plasma TV.

So, Thanksgiving really isn't about the pilgrims coming to america to 'murder' the natives like most unread people assume, it was a day to give thanks. It later became more secular and consumerism based.

Hope this is interesting! :)

I'm not an 'unread' person. I did my research, know the facts, etc. But thanks anyway.
name's alec. legally an adult and thus paying bills. they/them or he/him pronouns have my preference.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bottle » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:23 am

I'm not saying you're unread! Sorry if it seemed that way. It's a very popular opinion to think that Americans are terrorists. Also, sorry if I'm a little bit 'in your face' about this, it's just my Grandmother is a historian and it means a lot to me. <3
Love you!
Hey honey bunnies! I'm not as active here anymore, so check out my other social media links!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Instagram

Bottle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:50 am

Bottle wrote:
I'm not saying you're unread! Sorry if it seemed that way. It's a very popular opinion to think that Americans are terrorists. Also, sorry if I'm a little bit 'in your face' about this, it's just my Grandmother is a historian and it means a lot to me. <3
Love you!

It's alright, don't worry. I don't think Americans are terrorists, I've a few American friends and I absolutely adore them.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me