Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Jupiter Bumbles- artists needed by azazel.

Based on Click to view
Artist azazel. [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Jupiter Bumbles- artists needed

Postby azazel. » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:06 pm

Welcome!
Code: Select all
drawing of a bee will go here lol

General Rules:
Respect all CS rules (No spamming, stealing or otherwise)
If you adopt a Bumble, please don't change the design
Unwanted Bumbles are to be sent to me for readoption
No guilt-tripping if you don't win. There will be other Bumbles.
Customs are given out once a month as a small raffle prize. Please don't ask for one unless purchasable slots are open.
Breedings are not yet available.
You are allowed to own one small Hive Cluster of Bumbles. (5 regular adopts, 5 nursery when opened)
Your Hive Cluster may increase in size if you are to win a Queen Bumble (These are rare)
You are allowed to give your Bumble away, but only if permission is granted
Whole Hive Clusters may not be given away. By this I mean you can't give 5 of your Bumbles to one particular user. (Unless I give the okay)

Artist Rules:
Artists are allowed two custom Bumbles, but no Queens.
All Bumbles must have stripes somewhere, and no two Bumbles can have the same stripe pattern
If I allow you to make a Queen, they must be on custom lines. I will come to you first.
You are allowed to enter any Special Adopt contest made by another artist
Please try to make one Bumble every two weeks.
If you wish to not be an artist any longer or are having any issues, PM me.
Line edits are welcome, but items shouldn't be large. (such as weaponry)
No bright colors if you can help it. (they shouldn't hurt my eyes)
No selling unless you get approval from me
Guest artists may make 5 Bumbles and one custom

Artists:
Ace of Hearts
Lyd

Guest Artists:

Mods:
Last edited by azazel. on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
azazel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

About the Species

Basic Info:
Jupiter Bumbles are a large, fluffy species of bee that are relatively the size of a kitten. They're pretty harmless when raised around humans, and when stung their venom causes mild itching and irritation. What makes these Bumbles special is their gigantic size in comparison to other bees, their peaceful nature, and their regenerating stingers. Once a bee stings, their stingers take about two weeks to regenerate. These bees live in large hive clusters of about 10-20 bees, with two queens per each hive, a few drones, and many workers that collect pollen from large flowers. They do produce honey, which is very sweet and thick. They come in a wide variety of colors, and no two bees have the same stripe pattern. Their hives resemble something of a termite mound springing upward from the ground with holes penetrating the outside so the bees can enter and exit

Habitat and Diet:
These calm little bees live in climates that are warm all year round, with plenty of blooming flowers. They mostly set up shop in open fields, but find comfort in wooded areas as well. Their diet mostly consists of pollen, nectar, and honey, but they have been seen snacking on flower petals every now and then.

If you are raising the Bumbles in a climate that fluctuates between warm and cold, please make sure you keep the Hive Clusters in a warm place during the cold months and provide the Bumbles with sugar syrup if they have no honey reserves. (Sugar syrup being a mix of equal parts sugar and water, hardened so that the Bumbles can feed on it)

Inside the Hive Clusters:

On the outside, Hive Clusters appear to look like a large termite mound, with holes for entering and exiting Bumbles. The inside looks like any other bee hive, with larger combs and larger portions of honey.
A natural beehive- trypophobia warning for those who don't like hole clusters like myself. This image is free of bees though.

Hive Clusters consist of 10-20 Bumbles and 2 Queens, which lead the Cluster and Bumbles that dwell inside. Their duty is to produce offspring that the Cluster tend to until fully developed, then they go off in search of a new cluster. A few of the Bumbles raised become Drones, which guard the hive and mate with the Queens to produce the offspring. As not all Drones are male, two female Bumbles have been seen to make perfectly healthy offspring. Most of the Bumbles raised become Workers, which stray from the safety of the hive to collect pollen in their sacs for the Hive Cluster. (Pollen sacs develop after adoption, where the status of the Bumble is chosen)

When a Hive Cluster is attacked, the Bumbles will swarm to protect the Queen, and multiple stings make a nasty impact on a small predator, but to humans, their sting is mostly harmless.

The Life of a Jupiter Bumble:
Jupiter Bumbles start off in a fertilized egg about the size of a pen. The eggs are laid inside a comb and are protected fiercely by the Bumbles until time of hatching, which is usually about a week. Once hatched, out comes a furry little worm looking thing called a Larva, which is fed and tended to by the Workers. After another week, the Larva enters its Pupa stage and the workers cover the comb with a wax coating as the Larva makes its cocoon. The Pupa takes two weeks to sprout into a full Bumble, chews its way through the wax coating, and joins the colony, fresh and excited. The Workers then clean out the abandoned comb and the process starts anew.

Bumbles usually live 5-10 years, when raised in proper care, the Queens for sometimes longer due to the care of the brood.

Raising your Bumble:

Jupiter Bumbles...pretty much raise themselves. They feed their Cluster, take care of their Queens, and raise their young. Your job is to make sure that they can get what they need quickly and easily, and to keep the Cluster as safe as possible.

It's always a good idea to plant flowers near your Hive Cluster, which makes pollen gathering quick and easy. (Bees tend to flock toward cool-colored flowers, such as blues and purples)
Hive Clusters for Bumble keeping look like any other honey bee keep, only larger to accommodate for the Bumble's massive size. They have removable frames which makes honey collecting easier and safer for the Bumbles.
When collecting honey, it's always great to have an established relationship with your Bumbles. Friendly Workers and Drones make it easier to collect from. Sometimes, when the relationship is strong, they'll sometimes move aside for you to collect.
When making a relationship with your Bumble, the earlier, the better.
Last edited by azazel. on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
azazel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Customs and Raffles

Paid Custom Slots:

Closed.

Custom Raffle:

Closed.
Last edited by azazel. on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azazel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Jupiter Bumbles

Postby azazel. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:13 am

reserve just in case I need to put something else
azazel.