Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

Last Halloween in one picture. by Schneemaehne

Artist Schneemaehne [gallery]
Time spent 48 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Last Halloween in one picture.

Postby Schneemaehne » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:34 am

No, this is not my dream outfit. And not how I will look this Halloween. But it's a funny story about last year if you want to read it...
(If not, thanks for looking anyways and have a nice weekend!)

... last year some friends from university and I decided to go on a pub night. Only one day before it we realized it would be Halloween - and decided to do some makeshift costumes. Just for fun. Silly stuff. So my neighbour and I decided to dress up as vampires. He got his suit out of the wardrobe and together with some hair gel and fake blood we turned him into something that looked somewhere between Mafia and a snobby vampire. I got everything "goth-looking" I found out of my drawer and put on more make-up then I ever did before. Cat's eyes, thick black eyeshadow, everything. Then I went crazy with hairspray on my own hair until I looked like a character from Yu-Gi-Oh. Or a performer from "Cats" after he put his fork in the toaster. Oh, and we added even more fake blood because I made it myself and was pretty proud of the result. So we used plenty of it.
So far, so good.
We took the bus to the train station where we wanted to meet the rest of the group. And we waited. And waited. And waited. After an hour we got a message that the rest was stuck on the train and they had some kind of problem with the rails. So we waited some more.
I had spent the whole day in University, then at training, then dressing up. No food since breakfast, I was starving. So after two more hours I decided to go to a nearby Kebab shop and get myself something to eat. The only one working was an elderly lady, most likely the mother of the guy who normally worked there (we students kinda know him, I think we are his best customers). She was completely shocked by my appearance. I made a joke about Halloween (she didn't get it) and smiled - and forgot I had the prostetic vampire fangs in already. Fail.
In the end I got my food but the poor woman was totally messed up. She even gave me way more change than I was due. Realized this only when we were in the pub, though.
It was a nice evening after the others arrived, we had lots of fun and spent the night playing cards, talking and enjoying the drinks. But I still feel bad for the poor elderly woman.

So when I now think of Halloween, I always think of myself in a cheap-looking, non-creative goth-Vampire costume scaring poor old shopkeepers. Quite a memory!

Last bumped by Schneemaehne on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:34 am.
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me