Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

My Bean - Hadyn

Postby Solanum » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:27 am

This is long overdue I'd say XD
It's so that I can add people to grow him up X3

Design by The Paper Angel
(NOT by me. I didn't do any of this, except erase a female sign and look at the rest of the lines)

my username :
    Solanum

name:
    Hadyn
    → Welsh form of Gaelic Áedán
    → Meaning "little fire"

short personality:
self-conscious | weak | insomniac

Hadyn is small and weak, even compared to his siblings, but he accepts this. Instead of pining after qualities he doesn't have, he will work around this, and will try to be the best he can be rather than someone else. Though incredibly excitable, with almost limitless energy and a love of mischief, he will always take out time to look out for his family. They really mean the world to him, each one of them. Even if they don't want to all the time, he will attempt to play with them, and tire himself out, despite knowing it won't happen, because he finds it increasingly difficult to get to sleep. He can therefore be quite cranky at times when he hasn't gotten the sleep he needs, but will try to not reflect this onto others. He is sensitive to other Beans' thoughts and opinions, and takes criticism quite harshly, but will take their opinion on board and try and make things better for the sake of others. It helps that despite these flaws, he remains quite carefree, and generally is not bothered by much else, unless family is concerned.

So all in all, he is a quiet little bat Bean with a weak body but a big heart who is utterly devoted to his family.
playful | loving | mischievous

theme song:
'cause i'm only a crack in this castle of glass
    Hadyn's theme song is "Castle of glass" by Linkin Park - Link here

The song itself is quite upbeat, yet still keeping a softer tone to it. There is a lot of energy in it, just as there is in Hadyn's character. It's a good song to sing along to, and (if you have similar taste in music as I do) it's just a good listen.

The lyrics do not completely link in to his character, as how could they? He wasn't modelled around the song, and neither was the song modelled around him (obviously). The chorus however speaks quite clearly in the views that he has. The singer calls themselves only a "crack" in a castle of glass, suggesting that they view themselves as only a small part of the bigger picture. Hadyn feels that he is small and plain, but a part of something amazing as a part of the family that he has. When it states that there's "hardly anything there for you to see", it could relate to his insecurities involving others and the way he thinks they feel about him. He can feel insignificant compared to others if he takes their opinions and criticisms the wrong way, and this way of thinking reflects in the wording of the song, as he is incredibly brittle, like glass can be.
hardly anything there for you to see

pieces of art:
    favourite object | favourite food | favourite activity
    wiowen | kestrel. | wiowen

His favourite object is his Weaver Finch plush toy. The bird species lives alongside the painted bat, the bat in which he has been designed after, and so I felt it would be quite relevant to have that connection between them. The painted bat often sleeps in the nests of weaver finches so he sleeps with his plushie in the same manner. The plushie holds some sentimental value to him as it was given to him by a small child that had found him cold and alone, and it had stopped him from being so scared, he has treasured it ever since.

His favourite food stems from a section in his history, involving a long journey on a ship surrounded by fruit. Being quite young at the time, and therefore unsure of what was going on, he was not scared but very curious. Very quickly he started trying out each fruit, and he came to the conclusion that the sweet taste of the honeydew melon was his favourite. They were tough to get into at first, but once he took his first bite he was in love. The soft inner fruit seemed to just melt away in his mouth, leaving him filled and incredibly happy.

His favourite activity may seem a little strange to those watching... He will lay on his back with his feet up in the air as if he were holding onto a branch and hanging upside down like one of his siblings, Puffin, is known for doing. Being quite small and weak, he doesn't have the strength to really hold himself upside down like this, and a fear of heights has stopped him from trying altogether, but he enjoys the action nonetheless, even if his back is on the ground when he does it. It makes him feel more like his siblings, whom he adores and strives to be like, even if he knows he can't be.

story (extra):
((Some of the other beans in this story belong to their owners, others have not been won so I'm giving them a generic personality. I don't own any of them.))

My back resting on the grass, my belly pointing right up at the sky, eyes closed, ears open, feet right up in the air... that was the life. The sun shone down on me, showing off my brilliant orange pelt in all its glory like a spotlight from far away. The warmth embraced me like one of the pileups in his family, just sibling playing happily with sibling, then daddy stepping in as soon as it got a little rough. Daddy was good like that, he always knew how to stop the fights [even if they were only play] and make sure that no one felt bad about any accidents. Not that anything was ever more than a pinched ear or on occasion, a bit of fur pulled out, but that's family for you. Always getting you into trouble. My siblings in particular... Hey, let me tell you about some of my siblings? I'm sure it'll be fun! You'll love them, I promise~

Puffle is my favourite of my siblings... Please don't tell the others, but he and I get on quite well. He loves playing, I love playing... But it does make me a little sad when I can't follow him up onto the roof of the cave... I'm just not strong enough, not like he is. But he'll come back down for me... Give me plenty of cuddles, even zap me a little sometimes! It's really funny, never a bad zap, and it really cheers me up. Though I do still wish I could follow him up to the ceiling... it looks so much fun up there, and everyone else can do it. Not as well as Puffle but they can do it...

Oh well! Not to be put down, how about I tell you about the time when Alan and I found a massive crate of melons down at the market?! It was as big as an ocean, really! Well, okay, maybe not that big... but it was pretty big, and there were melons of all shapes and sizes in there. It kinda reminded me of the time that I crept onto that truck and fell asleep in a crate of honeydew melons... I love those melons... Basically I woke up in a whole other country! But I found my way home, don't worry... Or... well... Dad came and got me. A little embarrassing I know, but that's what dads are for, right? Anyway, back to the story? Alan and I found a massive crate of melons, and he headed straight for the cantaloupe, obviously, because that's his favourite food in the entire world, but I went for the honeydew because they're far more tasty. In my opinion anyway, I'm sure Alan finds the cantaloupe very tasty too... I hope that wasn't a bit mean... We found out that we weren't meant to be in there when the guy with the market stall started to chase us, but we ran as fast as our legs could carry us, all the way back to the cave, and we burst out laughing. Mum thought it was really funny, but dad was wondering what we had done that was so funny. Hopefully he doesn't know, we don't want to get into trouble.

credits :

Other beans -
Alan - #605 - Belongs to Lady Who
Puffle - #607 - Belongs to Berkshire
Other beans used currently have no owners

Art -
Wiowen x2 [Favourite object | Favourite activity]
kestrel. [Favourite food]
♠ Character site
♠ Writing thread
♠ 2017 Character challenge

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Image
I will be here
when you think you’re all alone
Seeping through the cracks
I’m the poison in your bones
My love is your disease
I won't let it set you free
Til I break you

You’ll never know what hit you
Won’t see me closing in
I’m gonna make you suffer
This hell you put me in
I’m underneath your skin
The devil within

I tried to be the lover to your nightmare
Look what you made of me
Now I’m a heavy burden that you can’t bear
Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
I’ll make you see
Solanum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My Bean - Hadyn

Postby finoodle » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:29 am

He is so cute Sol! Super late congrats on winning him!
ImageImage
Wifey || Wifu || Want accessories or items on your bean? Just ask! I will gladly do them for free!
finoodle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solanum » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:33 am

B L A Z E wrote:He is so cute Sol! Super late congrats on winning him!

Hehe thank you XD
I really need to be more active with him. Get more art, actually post some writing for him (because most isn't posted)... Everything is just really late but oh well X3
♠ Character site
♠ Writing thread

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Image
I will be here
My love is your disease
Til I break you

Won’t see me closing in
This hell you put me in
I’m underneath your skin
The devil within

Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
I’ll make you see
Solanum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gecko » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:28 am

Hadyn! <3

Sundance: *runs over to him* Whoa you look like mee! *pats his own orange fur* o.o
Ignore oekaki timers I always leave the tab open >:'D

𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙸𝙳
𝚐𝚎𝚌𝚔𝟶 #𝟺𝟽𝟻𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜!
𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚊 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚜
𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙳𝚘𝚐𝚜
𝚃𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚃𝚊𝚒𝚕𝘴 𝚁𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢

gecko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solanum » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:25 am

Ang3l In Wond3rland wrote:Hadyn! <3

Sundance: *runs over to him* Whoa you look like mee! *pats his own orange fur* o.o

Almost an entire year later... -facepalm- and he may finally become a teen XD
When I find someone to do it >.<

So glad you got your Sundance <33
Can I see him? c:

Hadyn : Wowwwww, you're right! We could be twins! *grins at him*
♠ Character site
♠ Writing thread

I will be here
My love is your disease
Til I break you

Won’t see me closing in
This hell you put me in
I’m underneath your skin
The devil within

Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
I’ll make you see
Solanum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gecko » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:03 am

Ignore oekaki timers I always leave the tab open >:'D

𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙸𝙳
𝚐𝚎𝚌𝚔𝟶 #𝟺𝟽𝟻𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜!
𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚊 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚜
𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙳𝚘𝚐𝚜
𝚃𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚃𝚊𝚒𝚕𝘴 𝚁𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢

gecko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solanum » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:09 am

Aah ^^
Yeah I was guessing it was that bab in your signature (Really cute icons by the way<3) but I wanted to be sure c:
So cute~
Was wondering why he reminded me of a butterfly then I checked out his parents XD He's adorable, grats~ :3
♠ Character site
♠ Writing thread

I will be here
My love is your disease
Til I break you

Won’t see me closing in
This hell you put me in
I’m underneath your skin
The devil within

Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
I’ll make you see
Solanum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dinkleberg » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:03 pm

aah what a cutie !!
    i hope it wouldn't be too much to ask you for a roleplay ? ; v ;
    why the hell would i still be on here

fight me
i'm lion
dA -

dinkleberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solanum » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:38 am

alter_ego wrote:
    aah what a cutie !!
    i hope it wouldn't be too much to ask you for a roleplay ? ; v ;

Of course not :3 I'm quite fond of roleplaying because it helps balance out the other things I'm writing XD
Though it would depend on where? I don't do thread, PM etc ones any more because I have a tendency to forget them, so it's just over Skype. If that's alright, then I'd love to roleplay.
♠ Character site
♠ Writing thread

I will be here
My love is your disease
Til I break you

Won’t see me closing in
This hell you put me in
I’m underneath your skin