Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Furry Bat Dragon Adopts (LF: Mods! Artist comp up!) by Zuppe

Artist Zuppe [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Zuppe

by Zuppe

by Zuppe

by Zuppe

by Zuppe

by Zuppe

by irina

by Zuppe

Furry Bat Dragon Adopts (LF: Mods! Artist comp up!)

Postby Zuppe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Welcome!

Nursery // Fanclub // Pound

Welcome to Furry Bats Drakens! Though, It is preferred to be called FBD's or even 'Battys'.
        These creatures are found mostly in hard to reach areas and remote places full of snow and of extremely low temperature.

[img]Stamp%20Coming%20Soon[/img]
        Code: Select all
        coming soon

Affliates:

[url]Liloom Adopts[/url]

Want a custom?

Customs are 1 rare each or two uncommons. all pets are placed in a gifting hoard to be given to new or unsuspecting users.

Username:
        eye color:
        Fur color/design (Photo preferred (if design) if possible)?
        Name:

Giftlines:

By Silversamurai
Last edited by Zuppe on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:17 am, edited 9 times in total.
Zuppe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Anatomy/About

Postby Zuppe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:48 pm

What is a FBD?

Furry Bat Dragons. They can grow from the size of a five year olds fist to the size of a full grown Siberian forest cat (largest house cat in existence). These creatures are characterized by a swirled marking etched next to their eyes that they receive four months after birth (when they reach adult hood)Their long fluffy fur is as soft as rabbits down and their tails can be twice as long as their body or even longer.

Baby

As a baby, these fluffed up creatures don't have the characteristic Swirl marking or wings, and will not obtain them until adulthood.
        Their tails are short, not able to really grasp their prey to survive on their own. Parents take care of their babies up to two months after their birth, after two months and the babies are teens/nearly fully grown the adults will slowly begin to push their baby away, to give the new FBD a little freedom.
        Baby FBD's rely on their parents to catch their food, which involves small rodents, birds and even insects. They especially enjoy lizards and sometimes even sea food (Fish, shell fish, etc....). They use 'Nubs' or rounded baby teeth to chew their food. But eventually the nubs will fall out and adult teeth will grow in as early as their teen years.
        Baby FBD's are covered in cloud like fur, that looks soft to the touch but is actually rough like wool and tough. The fur changes color to match the environment like an chameleon, to protect them from predators. The soft fur will not grow in until teenage hood, and once it does grow in, will stick to a certain color and not change color again (The design of their fur staying the same).
        You will Never see an baby FBD fully colored until their fully grown (All baby FBDs furs are grey tone variants. The only thing that stays the same when the baby grows up is the design of the fur)

Teen

As a teen, FBDs are just now being coached by their parents the basics of survival. They learn to use, their now longer fluffed up tails, to catch their prey. Their fur is still gray toned and full of baby fluff but slowly their shedding it for their adult, colorful soft fur.
        This is also the period of time where FBDs discover friendships and establish relationships with others, whether it be romantic or close friendship or relationship between family.
        rarely, you will the 'ghost' or 'outline' of the wings floating above a teen, ready to appear when it finally reaches adulthood. But this is extremely rare and doesn't happen in most cases.

Adult

As an adult, their colorful soft fur has fully grown in replacing the rough, grey toned baby fur. Adults live in small groups known as 'Huddles' of up to four other FBD's, containing gathered friends or even in rare cases family.
        An fully grown adult's tail can roughly reach up to 9ft long, the bone structure more flexible like rubber so it's more constricting, like a boa constrictor (as adults don't kill their prey using their mouths...)

Their eye design and wings are both fully grown in. The color of the eyes design changes with the adult FBDs mood.

Red- Anger
        Blue - Calm
        Pink - Love
        Purple - Anxiety
        Yellow- illness
        Green - Happy
        White/Black/grey - Neutral

The wings enable it to swiftly jump and glide long distance from tree to tree if needed in that given area, but typically FBDs even with these wings are unable to fly.
        The adverage adult female is larger than the adult male bone wise so its extreamly rare to find a small boned adult female. However the male FBD may be taller than a female FBD. During mating season, an FBD attracts its mate but using a method much like echo location with bats. They use a unique sound only that FBD knows that is unhearable by any creature except the FBD that is their soul mate. If two FBDs hear the same song, the two of them will fight till the death over the affection of the wanted FBD. The one who dosent die gets the mate. FBDs can have a soulmate regardless of gender. A female FBD can have a male or female soulmate or even any other gender. It depends on who hears the Batty's song.
        When the soul mates mate, they create a teardrop shaped egg thats as small as a chicken egg. The teardrop shaped egg is covered in an extreamly thick protective shell covered is fine fur. The father FBD (the one who does not lay the eggs) are the ones in charge of keeping the egg warm and safe by body heat and making the nest. The 'mother' of the FBDs relationship (depends on who lays the eggs) will hunt and protect for their family until the babies leave the nest (which consists of very soft matrial likely stolen by the Father.)

The eggs will sit for about a week and they will grow from chicken egg size to the size of an ostrich egg. Once it grows to that size the eggs shed the fur and hatch.
        After hatching, the mother stays home a bit more and the father begins to take up hunting.
        ~~~~~~~

Last edited by Zuppe on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zuppe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules + Info

Postby Zuppe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Rules:

*follow all CS adoptable rules
*No color ins of your own, this is not a open species
* only apply to be an artist/mod if applications are open.
* If rping, no explicit romance or gore (you know what I'm talking about)
*You may only have 2 customs ( 1 Paid for or both paid for. Or. If you make a custom yourself in the create an FBD event) . in total you can have up to 5 adopts.

((slots may increase when the nursery opens))

Artist rules:
*three designs a day
* no blinding colors (bright reds, greens..no neon coloring either)
*You may have 3 customs (1 paid for + 2 made yourself OR all made yourself) but the limit is 7 adopts in total
* minor edits are okay
* do not erase the design by the eye.

Guest Artist Rules
* You may make three adopts. plus a custom. that makes a total of four FBDs.
* no blinding colors
* you may make one adopt with edits.
* do not erase design by the eye

Custom
*fill out form completely to be accepted
* please be patient if your form is accepted, the artist may be busy
* If your form is not accepted, you may repost your form again or bump the thread (if noone seems to notice it)
If your form is still not noticed and accepted PM me and I will do your custom for you.
Last edited by Zuppe on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zuppe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff + Forms + other

Postby Zuppe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:51 pm

Staff

Owner
Honorablechickensoup

Mods
none

Artists

Kiwi In A Bottle
☁Rαιиу-Cℓσυ∂☁
iDrowned
Spiritwindy
Spycynder
IronicwOrLd
Kiru❤️

Applications:

Artist:

Username:
Why do you want to be an artist?
will you be commited?:
Link to oekaki:

Mod:

Username:
Why do you want to be an Mod?
Will you commit?
If any, have you had other modding experiance?[/color]
Last edited by Zuppe on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zuppe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Furry Bat Dragon Adopts (You may now post!!)

Postby Zuppe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:42 pm

you are now welcome to post!
╔══════════════╗

xx Deviantart // Flightrising // Tumblr.

xxxxxxPokefarm // Toyhouse

───────────────────────────

xx My Mains // Rebirth // My Kiamaras

xxxxxxMy JBDs // My Plumerians

───────────────────────────

Commissions are: Closed!
Art Trades are: Open!
Requests are: Friends Only!

++Interested in commissioning me?
contact me through pm or over
on my deviantart page!++

sig artwork by sixbane and niluna -->

╚══════════════╝
xx𝓡𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓸𝓹𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓴𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼..

ImageImageImage

Jazz // She/Her // Lesbian // Cisgender // Professional Artist & College Student

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zuppe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby irina » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:47 pm

The new lines are fabulous! >w< (mark)
irina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackpatch » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:47 pm

mark
blackpatch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Zuko~ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:50 pm

mark!
~Zuko~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coradrawa » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Username: Coradrawa
Why do you want to be an artist? These species are just adorable and I am currently trying to help make designs for lots of species!
will you be commited?: Yes! Though if really ill or away I won't be able to do anything
Link to oekaki: Linky Link
coradrawa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mario » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:20 am

Love these! c: Fantastic job!
ImageImageImageImage
~ straight pride ~
Mario

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me