Based on Click to view
Artist iBrevity [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Wingspan

Postby iBrevity » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:11 pm

An unusually tribal looking Corvus.
Maybe the markings on is front three legs mean something special.

This one has been around for 300 hundred years, judging by how the others revere it.
It is difficult to tell whether the wing-like markings on its back and haunch mean something special, but this in particular is where the others touch and whisper over.

Please use the form on the front page. <3

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wingspan

Postby Misnake » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:33 am

Name: Darth
Personality: self-contained,loyal,adveturous
History: (Don't know, im bad at stories....:?)
Other: ......The one what wants to adopt him calls Sinamy XD
Misnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby berd » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:44 am

[b]Name: Koda
[b]Gender: Male
[b]Personality: Outgoing, shy at times, quick to lash out, protective, very loving to his family.
[b]History: I am having a writer's block... will get started later...
[b]Other: He has no siblings, but he was adopted by a pack of wild chihuahuas.
berd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby versicolor » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:52 am

Name: Scarlet
Personality: Scarlet is somewhat self-centered and full of herself. She has a lot of pride in her looks and does her best to keep herself looking beautiful every day. She doesn't enjoy mingling with what she considers "peasants" [Stray mutts, basically] and will usually avoid them. Though, she has been lurking the borders of the territory of a rather small pack of various canines; some with mixed blood. She can be mysterious and secretive, no one knows much about her. She is a spoiled brat, only accepting the finest of things and she expects to get what she wants when she wants it. Scarlet feels she is higher and better than most others and she feels the need to make that clear.
History:
Other:

[WIPness]

Dream pet acheived 1/6/14 ♥
Yo I used to be Jelli.
versicolor (adj.) - 1. changing in color, iridescent: versicolor skies.
2. of various colors

ask.fm
mac and cheese
versicolor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberWolf » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Name: Micalo
Personality: Wise yet quiet, doesn't talk much, but talks at the exact right moment.
History: "Momma," a young chick said, putting her small paws on the mother's legs. "Tell me the story of Micalo." The mother Corvus smiled.
"I've told you that story many times, you probably know it by heart now," the mother said. The chick looked up with pleading eyes, and the Corvus sighed. "Alright."
Long ago, there was a young Corvus, a little older than yourself," the mother started, lying down next to her chick. "His name was Micalo. He was brave and quick-witted, but he was also careless and did idiotic things. To impress his murder, he would jump off of high things, able to land on his paws easily. But as the higher the things he jumped off of got, the more dangerous were his jumps."
He decided one day to bring his friends and some other members of his murder to a large waterfall, where he said he'd jump off of. His friends advised him not too, saying there could be sharp rocks or shallow water at the bottom of the towering falls, but he didn't listen. He grinned at the other Corvus, and then leaped into the water, and as he reached the end, he felt the bottom for one split second, pushed off, and jumped down the waterfall."
By doing this, he felt the adrenaline, the thrill of the jump. But he also felt fear, thinking just now of what his friends had said. What if it was shallow water at the bottom and he hit his head? What if sharp rocks cut him into pieces? But it was too late, he had already jumped, and he was flying down at an alarming rate."
He had his nose down first, to gain speed, but now he pulled up and was pushed up by the wind and started to spin. He didn't know what to do, he didn't know if he would live. As he saw the steam and fog coming up from the water get closer, he closed his eyes." The mother Corvus paused.
"What happened next?" The chick asked, though he already knew. The mother smiled, and continued.
"When he finally woke up, he wasn't in the water. He was in the dark, at first he thought he was dead. But then he realized, he felt very cold, and heard the waterfall. His eyes adjusted to the darkness and he looked around. When he hit the water, he had manage to pull himself into a cave behind the waterfall in a daze. He got up, stiff and sore, and stepped out from behind the waterfall and was able to swim from under the waterfall to the riverbank."
He lay there, exhausted, and fell asleep again. His murder thought he was dead, but were surprised to see after a few days, the tired and worn Micalo make his way towards them. They didn't understand how he managed to survive the jump, but he did. Some said he might have flown just before he hit the water, and so they painted the wing markings on him, as well as the tribal markings on his legs."
The chick smiled. "Again, again!" The mother laughed.
"No, my dear, its time for bed," she said. The small Corvus snuggled up to his mother and fell asleep quickly, dreaming about Micalo flying around. The mother thought about Micalo, how it was said today, he resides near the waterfall he jumped off of long ago, in the cave behind the waterfall, where he climbs up to the top every morning and soars down to the bottom. Of course, no one knew if this was true or not. Only Micalo himself knew.
Other: :3
G.B.
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
Rosie
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.: Cilvary :.

Postby alas, » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:14 am

.: Name :.
Cilvary. (KILL-verr-ee)

.: Alias :.
Cilve.

.: Gender :.
Male.

.: Occupation :.
A Chick-sitter as well as a witch-doctor.

.: Personality :.
Cilvary is a very wise and modest soul. Despite his age, he is willing to fight-back to save a life. He is ever so loyal and kind. He would never lie in his life time for he fears it will taint his after-life.

This Corvus is not lazy, and if he actually has something to do, it will be done. He does not sit around for a miracle to happen, the miracles wait for him. This way, he is often doing something, and most likely never doing 'nothing'.

He wouldn't hurt a fly if it wasn't needed. In fact, he would harm anything unless they are threatening anyone. He will attack with slow muscles and weak bones, but with a strong brain. Out-smarting most, he is capable of beating foes out of intelligence.

He is ever so humble, and never says a word about himself, but he doesn't put himself down either. He will not complain about being sick or sad, angry or scared, joyous or anxious. He is center around the Corvus that surround him. He is in love with the world and is inhabitants.

Including the villians.

.: Likes :.
Cilvary likes many things, and dislikes little. Nature, others, Chicks, religious ways.

:: Nature ::
Cilve loves the trees and plants because they put him at peace. The smells tell him he belongs here for the way they please his nostrils. The way the wind breathes down his back warms his heart. The little plants that grow without the need of nagging or yelling commanding them to grow up. This is a parallel world to the nothingness others can feel towards Mother Nature.

:: Others ::
The citizens of the Corvus lands may not all be good-natured persons, nor are they all nasty and cruel people. There is a great mixture of the two and they are diversed accross these planty hills that roll along the surface of the Earth.

He admits that he much rather prefers the good, kind Corvus citizens, but both in the lands make life worth living for. The whole village of the Corvus is his newspaper. Everything is happening there and then, and you are in the area and know about it.

With no diversity, where would all the fun be?

:: Chicks ::
Chicks make Cilve go ga-ga. He loves them and will care for many at a time. He has many stories to tell and share with them, for they listen deeper than any Corvus he has spoken to. They just make him giddy the way his brain is wired.

Every noise they make delievers a smile upon his face, everyone step they take released a cheer from his chest, every question they ask creates an answer.

For him, Chicks are everything and anything and caring for them is his top-priority.

:: Religious Ways ::
Cilvary is a very spiritual Corvus. He speaks to the spirits every day and night asking for healing or luck plus things that are needed the next day. Not always are they given for if Cilvary desires to much for the coming date, but this is very unlikely, for Cilve asks so little of them.

Being a witch-doctor is fun for him because he is enabled to chat with the spirits constantly. Making charms and medicines is a great talent of his and likely enjoys creating them. He is very social as well, making a greater description for the spirits makes a better charm.

This is why other Corvus respect him.

.: Dislikes :.
It takes a lot to make Cilvary hate/dislike something. He is to forgiving to not like much, so he is a very peaceful, easy-going man. Fighting, lying, boredum, murders.

:: Fighting ::
Fighting makes Cilve angry, so very violent. He doesn't want to fight, he doesn't want others to fight, he doesn't want anything to do with the evil action or word. It makes him become viocious and creul destroying those who dare to test his temper with the verb.

He regrets injuring the fool who began the fight of course, but heals them as quick as he can to minimize infected wounds and bruises.

Even though he isn't the hardest bat in the game, he sure can hit a ball; thanks to his brain.

:: Lying ::
Lying is wrong to Cilvary. He dislikes it so much that he will purposely call them for a relaxing day (of course they will aggree, everyone knows how calm they become when Cilvary attempts to relax wih them and succeeds.). He will then place rocks that we in boiling water on their spines as punishment, and then gives them a charm for healing. If he doesn't, he won't be able to sleep until he gives them their healing charm.

:: Boredum ::
Why does this happen? He doesn't like having nothing to do, it frustrates him to no end.

:: Murders ::
Why does this happen? What is the meaning for homicide when forgiveness is less painful? Less killer? He does not understand those who attack of of anger. Do they not know any other way?

He will grumble about the killers for mnths on end, but has nothing to do about it.

.: History :.
The spirits are here...

It was silent here. The tree leaves ruffled playing tunes for the wind. The forest was cold today. Its atmosphere was odd and questionable as everyone waited for the news. Small sobbing chirps could be heard past the cave wall and a blood red Corvus paced out. Turning around, he revealed a small Chick wrapped up in his fluffy tail. The crowd hooted and wagged their large tails and smiled. All eyes glimmered on the face of the future.

“We shall name him Cilvary,” the male said gallantly. “And he shall live long and prosper saving lives everywhere.”

Everyone cheered.

~*~

The darkness crept up on him sending the Corvus running towards a large shrub. Screams we piercing his ears as terrorist Corvus committed murder to Cilve’s clan.

“Why?” Cilvary sobbed. The noise was hardly capable of being heard anymore, so Cilve stood up in his shrub haven and glanced around. Fires were lingering by a single flame, and few Corvus were remaining that were actually moving.

He was supposed to save them. Something went wrong.

The destruction was implausible; trees were burst to a crisp and blood stained the grass that was clinging on to life. Cilvary hid his eyes and flinched away from nothing. It was pointless to stare at your haven’s grave knowing you were in the open prone to being attacked.

So, he ran. He left the grave of his home and family and travelled forward. Where was he going; who knew? He just ran onwards prodding his brain on where to go. His head demanded ‘go home’ but that was no where.

WIP.

.: Drawing of Cilvary :.
WIP.

.: Other :.
This species is so creative- I am in love already and probably be back for more. ;3

A very large WIP.

Notes for me :: Make Cilve find a young juvi. villian and raise him up to be kind and not evil. ;3
hello i'm currently a student ; on a literally unending hiatus ; i have (mostly) quit chickensmoothie

d e v i a n t a r t ☄ ☄ c h a r a c t e r s ☄ ☄ a r t s h o p p ea d o p t
!! I USED TO BE XRAE !!
alas,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AmnesiaPotion » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:11 am

Name: Seven
Personality: Kind, sweet, Very violent, Though very attractive.
History: Seven lifted her head. Ace? Ace is that you? Ace looked up, Yes sister? Seven sighed in relief, Good, I thought you were Asia. Never leave my sight agian! Ace spat.
Other: WIP
AmnesiaPotion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Taken by KeeDrake. c:
Congratz!

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alas, » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:55 am

Thank you. <3 Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I've been really busy with RL. :c Adding to my char page now...

8)
hello i'm currently a student ; on a literally unending hiatus ; i have (mostly) quit chickensmoothie

d e v i a n t a r t ☄ ☄ c h a r a c t e r s ☄ ☄ a r t s h o p p ea d o p t
!! I USED TO BE XRAE !!
alas,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:06 am