Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Elemental Chibis??? by .Secret.

Artist .Secret. [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Elemental Chibis???

Postby .Secret. » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:07 pm

Okay so umm... to be honest the fire guys have been in my head since I was around 3 years old, long before all those fireboy and watergirl games/movies. Mind you I couldn't help but create a water chibi as well.
In my childish imagination the fire creatures lived on Mars, but while that is where they'll always live within my head and heart for the purpose of my explanation just ignore this. They were also taller (Human size) and were more realistic in my head, but I do not have the skill to draw them properly D:
Yes... the one on the right is technology-based.

Below is just a summary since I wanted to write this out somewhere. You don't have to read it if you do not want it.

Explanation of the Elementals as a species from the point of view of a Human:

Elementals do not have any origin or creation source known to man, they simply exist where once they did not. Hiding from the eyes of ordinary humans these spritely creatures hide within forests, basements and in the corners of forgotten streets. Their life comes from a lifesource in which their figure is shaped around. An Elemental's physical form is not set, what you see is merely the waste that their lifesources give off and they change shape often to whatever takes their fancy. Their "give off" is slightly translucent and wavers, flickers, etc as it is of course their lifesource waste that they must get rid of. While some choose to let their lifesource be laid bare to the world this is an uncommon practice due to the fact that if their lifesource is eaten, destroyed or depleted, the Elemental will die.

To stop their lifesource from depleting an Elemental must eat, being an ethereal creature that lives off pure power and consciousness they consume energy. Be it heat, electricity (static or current), solar or sometimes even lightning (however this can harm even them) most Elementals can 'eat' as they walk.

The way the mating ritual is carried out is one Elemental takes a tiny bit of their lifesource and combines it with another's before putting it in a 'safe' place (or as safe as it can get) so that over the next 12 and a half months it can transform into a proper Elemental. As far as humans know Elementals are genderless. Mixes between Elemental types (fire, water, shadow, light, etc) are known but uncommon, and when occurring it seems that those individuals are frowned upon.

Elementals themselves do not age as we do either, their bodies or power do not deteriorate until a few days before their death, and even then they do not wrinkle as that would be impossible for an ethereal creature. Instead they simply fade out of this world until they are no more. Nobody understands why they do this, however we know for certain that they are not committing suicide for when this happens an Elemental decides to release all of their energy at once creating a minor explosion.

Neither do we know how the Elementals talk as they have no giving or receiving senses that have been found, yet they are extremely intelligent creatures that have the full capability to experience love, happiness, sadness and other such human emotions.

Humans have been known to keep Elementals as friends or companions, but if this occurs the Elemental refuses to be treated like a common dog or cat, thinking it far below their status. Also, precious gems and stones are deeply sacred to the Elementals and often they take or steal (however they do not know these terms as everything within their communities are shared and given freely) from humans to hoard the treasures close to their hearts.

There have been rumors of Elementals who have been found at or just after birth forming telepathic links with their human companions, this has not been proven.

History of the Elementals from the point of view of Elementals:

First were the Fire Elementals, the two Mothers stepping out of the flames of their birth to become the ancestors of all the Fire Elementals that are seen today. Cold to the touch they passed their Cold Fire through the generations, this is the only phenomenon of ice fire that currently occurs in nature. The Mothers are often depicted with one holding a ruby stone, and the other a sapphire to symbolise the Fire Elemental's traits.

Second were the Shade Elementals, born within the darkness under the First moon, full in all it's glory, the Fathers created the twisted and eternally weeping Elementals that come out at night to terrorise and steal from human towns. The Fathers are usually depicted with one grasping the moon and the other the World itself.

Third were the Celestial Ones, not even considered to be Elementals, despite the distinct fact that they are, these are often thought to be Gods yet there is no evidence that they ever existed in the first place, these two gave birth to all the other Elementals that are known to man. The Celestial Ones are also thought to be immortal and still there, watching us among the stars. They are depicted with one holding the Sun and the other holding a black hole.

Most Elementals worship the Celestial Ones except for the two who claim that they were born before them. The Shade Elementals preferring to worship their ruthless Fathers and the Fire Elementals declaring that their Mothers should not be forgotten due to the misled ways of other Elementals.

Due to this most Shades and Fire Elementals choose to live alone or with others of their kind. Also, like with all religions there are also those among the followers who choose not to believe in the Celestial Ones, the Mothers or the Fathers. Instead living along, with humans or with other "blasphemers" like themselves. However not all the Elementals who live with humans are religionless, nor do they force it upon their human counterparts. There are no physical practices that are part of the religion it is merely the belief that means you are a follower. Elementals can sense each others thoughts in a weird version of telepathy which lets them know what each others intentions are as well as whether or not you are a believer.
This signature doesn't currently exist. Please ignore it.
.Secret.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Elemental Chibis???

Postby *JACKAL* » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:21 pm

These are ace!

█ ▌