Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Direwood Racers -Open for posting by eleutheromania

Based on Click to view
Artist eleutheromania [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Direwood Racers -Open for posting

Postby eleutheromania » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Welcome to Direwood Racers Association

The Fanclub | The Main Thread

Welcome to Direwood Racers. We are an organization that specializes in racing of the Short manned Echobis. These animals are as larger than horses and are used in our races. They rank in many different colors and we train them to race from the age of one. Echobis are highly aggressive creatures if not trained properly and can be very dangerous towards people if they are wild and have grown without human contact. It was required that all Echobis be registered to keep track of records and aggression. The Echobis are not to be left untrained if owned, they will be taken away within the period of two months if their owner does not properly attempt to train them. This dog like creature is not to be treated like a dog but rather that of a horse, they have a diet of raw meat and are recommended to be fed by hand to strengthen bonds. Echobi pups are the size of regular dogs at birth. They develop their horns if they are males. Direwood’s mission is to improve and spread the excitement of Echobi racing to the community. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Introduction

What is an Echobi you ask? An Echobi is a creature that is the size larger than that of a horse but has canine like features. They can be ridden with proper training and are very obedient if they are trained young. Echobi have mane’s that reach all the way down to their whip like tail. Males have chest fur that go along their stomach. Echobi are equipped with saber teeth that grow to about six inches and protrude out of their mouth regardless of how young they may be. A female Echobi can produce only one pup in a single breeding. Echobi females can breed up to four times in their lifetime along with males. An Echobi is not fully mature until the age of four, they can live up to a total of twenty years. Echobi pups do not start their training until they are one, this is when they will learn to get use to a head collar and a saddle. Echobi are very social creatures and need to be with others of their kind throughout their lifetime. A male Echobi has six horns on its’ tail that are used for fighting other males during breeding season in the wild.

Ownership

Due to the fact that Echobis are such high maintenance animals, they need a lot of attention. Grooming is a constant thing with them. Their chest fur or extended manes can grow tangled fairly quickly. Echobis have the tendency to have bad breath, meaning that their owners will need to brush their teeth every week or so to help with that along with keeping their sensitive mouths clean. Owners of an Echobi will find that they are very soft and gentle around those that they trust. Echobis are large and will often think that they are the size of regular dogs and attempt to cuddle with you, be warned this animals are fairly heavy. Echobis come in many colors, though they are all natural and some have unnatural designs. Patterns can consist from that of a cheetah or leopard to simple solid colors or striped like tigers. The rarest genetic mutation of an Echobi is white, you will rarely see a fully white Echobi. They are rare and often prized for their coats and cost a lot of money. Another rare mutation is an Echobi that does not have the six inched fangs. This isn’t as rare as a white Echobi but it is also found pleasing in the community. Echobis have some genetically passed down traits that can be fairly bad so breeding is taken seriously. As an Echobi ages, it can have hip problems if it was once in the racing business. Some Echobis experience blindless with age and are thus put down if the owner cannot fully take care of the Echobi’s need. Everyone is allowed to legally own up to six Echobis. When you start training your Echobis, the training can be either written in a story not less than two hundred words or a simple drawing that is colored, shading and backgrounds are not required but you must explain what part of training your Echobi is doing. Training must be posted on the Echobi’s adoption page!
    Level one ;; Echobi is being groomed by its owner.
    Level two ;; Echobi is being introduced to the head collar for the first time.
    Level three ;; Echobi is being introduced to the saddle blanket and saddle for the first time.
    Level four ;; Echobi is being ridden for the first time.
    Level five ;; Echobi is being trained with another Echobi for its first race.
    Level six ;; Echobi is entered in its first race.

Retiring

Retiring your Echobi means that it can no longer be raced but it can still breed. You are allowed to retire your Echobi any time after it has completed its training. Any retired Echobi will not count towards your Echobi limit once it has used all its breeding slots. The artist will place the word Retired in the adoption page title, so you must alert the artist that made the Echobi. All retired Echobis can be placed in the retiring habitat located on Direwood estates. They will be monitored and cared for until they die if their owner no longer wishes to keep them.

Breeding your Echobi

Breedings will open once there are enough Echobis that are fully trained .Only fully trained Echobis can breed, including retired Echobis. Breedings will not cost anything when it comes to pets. For you to receive a breeding, you must pm that artist with a short story or drawing of the two Echobi’s meeting, nothing else. The story must be no less than one hundred words, the art must be colored and lined if you plan to use that instead of a story. Echobis can be breed four times in total and can be with any other Echobi, inbreeding is not allowed on any circumstance, make sure you know if they are not related beforehand. There will not be any nursery lines and the product of the breeding will be posted as an adult but will be aged at one year. That is due to the fact you can start their training. For breedings, you are allowed to pick the gender and one trait you wish for it to have from its parents, the rest is up to the artist.

Rules
    1. Be Kind to everyone. If you don’t win a adopt, there will be more opportunities so don’t make someone feel bad because you didn’t win.
    2. Respect my staff and me. We are living being with lives, if we can’t make them fast enough for you don’t complain about adoptables not being out.
    3. Do not ask for a position as guest artist or artist. If you wish to be a moderator or the Archivist, pm me, do not most it here.
    4. You are allowed to own six and no more.
    5. Your Echobi will be put up for readoption if training doesn’t start after two months. Once started, the training must be finished .
    6. Do not claim this species as your own.
    7. You must be registered for three months on Chickensmoothie with over 100 posts.
    8. If you leave CS, your Echobis can be taken with you but must not be made into anything else, these cannot be your fursonas etc.
    9. Forms must not be altered from the form the artist has given without the artists permission.
    10. Once you adopt a Echobi, you cannot adopt another until you complete your first echobi’s training.
Last edited by eleutheromania on Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:42 pm

The Staff

The staff is self-explanatory. They are the people behind Direwood Estates. The artists will announce when they are open for breedings. Only certain artists will be allowed to do customs. Guest artists will be picked at random from the active members of the community. So if you stay active and have good designing skills, you may be allowed on as a guest artist for a month. All staff must number the Echobi for the archivists sake.

The Owner and Creator – N i g h t .

The Moderators – Closed

The Artists – Closed (Artist competition open)
    N i g h t .

The ArchivistSailorOfTheSodaSeas Archive can be found here

Guest Artists – Closed

Events

Events are things that I will hold every now and then. Your Echobi must be fully trained to enter any event. Events include things like races, shows, and even sled races. All entries can be written or drawn but most be over two hundred words or a drawing that is colored, backgrounds are not necessary. Events will have prizes such as customs, guest artist position, extra ownership slots, and even extra breeding slots.
      No scheduled events

Customs

Customs will be open every now and then. The customs will never have any rare genetic mutations and they will all be common in rarity. You are allowed two customs in total of your ownership while you will have to adopt the others or receive one from a breeding. For a custom, you will fill out the form below and give the details on what you want your Echobi to look like. The colors must be natural but the patterns do not have to be. Please specify in the artist you wish to have make your Echobi and never say who ever or your order will not be done. Custom Echobis can be won through events if they are closed for the time being and you are allowed to make it rare or very rare if it is won through an event. Customs will cost one rare which is not required to be wishlist.

-Customs are Closed
      Code: Select all
      [b]Username ;[/b]
      [b]Echobi Name ;[/b]
      [b]Gender ;[/b]
      [b]Age ;[/b]
      [b]Description/Photo ;[/b]
      [b]Artist ;[/b]

Affilations

Our Affiliations will be placed here. Feel free to pm me to become affiliates. Any other adoptable species is welcome to be advertised here on this post.

Chialonga Adopts
Last edited by eleutheromania on Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:43 pm

F.A.Q.
    All the questions that are asked will be placed in our F.A.Q area. Feel free to ask us anything related to Direwood Racers or Echobis.

Question ;;Also stalking. I need some clarification. Lets say I have six Echobis. I put one in retirement, and I get another one. Will my retired count as my total count, or will it be "invisible?" Also, will they die when they are put in retirement? Thanks.

Answer ;;You can retire them when they finish training and once their breeding slots have been used, the retired Echobi will be 'invisible' and only die if you want them too.
Last edited by eleutheromania on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Direwood Racers -Open for posting

Postby eleutheromania » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Now Open for Posting
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby its.splashi » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:48 pm

These look interesring, definitely stalking!
its.splashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Glad they are interesting. I'll have one up in a few later on
Last edited by eleutheromania on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Also stalking. I need some clarification. Lets say I have six Echobis. I put one in retirement, and I get another one. Will my retired count as my total count, or will it be "invisible?" Also, will they die when they are put in retirement? Thanks.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:22 am

N i g h t . wrote:
Simonpet wrote:Also stalking. I need some clarification. Lets say I have six Echobis. I put one in retirement, and I get another one. Will my retired count as my total count, or will it be "invisible?" Also, will they die when they are put in retirement? Thanks.

You can retire them when they finish training and once their breeding slots have been used, the retired Echobi will be 'invisible' and only die if you want them too.

Okay. This makes more sense thanks!
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:36 am

You're welcome ^^
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dr pepper. » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Marked! I just have a question:
Since I now own Amani, how do I train him?
quitting chicken smoothie.

I am keeping my characters unless stated in their species rules I can't. I will gift the ones to close friends that I know will be active.

Do not ask for any of my pets or items, thank you.
Do not pm me. If i get one I won't read it.

If I lost a tryout contest winner is free to the art in my form. If I won you CAN pm me for this only reason. Title the pm, "You won!"

Thanks for being a great community. I did have fun.
dr pepper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me