Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Ereven Adopts by Caela

Artist Caela [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Ereven Adopts

Postby Caela » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:40 am

Welcome to the Ereven Adoptable Sheet

Physical Appearance

Ereven (Air-uh-veen) have an average height of 3 feet 5 inches to 4 feet and are surprisingly light-weight. They have long, fluffy tails that they use for balance. Short tails are uncommon but may occur. Curled tails are extremely rare and naturally occurring docked tails are practically unheard of. At the base of an ereven's tail are 3-7 feathers. These feathers are more flexible than a bird's and tend to curl at their tips, ending in a small circle. An ereven with a long or short tail will have 7 feathers, 4 on the bottom row and 3 on the top. An ereven with a docked tail has only 1 row of three and a curled tail has none. These feathers sometimes fall off, though they grow back quickly. Lost feathers often adorn ereven dens. As pups, their feathers are very small and downy. They have long fur growing down the backs of their legs and along their spines. Their ears are long with tufts of fluffy fur on the ends. The inner ear fur of an ereven is edged in black. Usually, they keep their ears angled slightly back. Pups do not have a tuft of fur on the tips of their ears. They have retractable claws and only 1 pad on each paw. Their muzzles are narrow and sloping. A male ereven has a round pupil but a female has a slit-shaped pupil. Winged ereven almost never occur. The plural of ereven is ereven (easy, right?).

Dietary Habits

For the most part, ereven eat large mammals such as elk and caribou, though they are capable of eating vegetation when necessary. Their height, light weight, and long tails make it easy to climb trees in pursuit of a squirrel, bird, or the like.

Pack System

Ereven lives in groups called reyi (ray-ee). Each reyi has one leader and one shiru (sheer-oo). The shiru is chosen by the reyi's leader and takes the place of leader when the leader dies. Usually, ereven are impartial when choosing successors. The average size of a reyi is 7-15 ereven, as this species has become rather sparse. They are very territorial and tend to be easily agitated by trespassers, however they are not excessively violent.

Rune System

The ereven have a system of runes that can be used for communication. If needed, an ereven will scratch a message written in runes into the ground or a tree. Almost every ereven has one of these runes on their shoulders and paw pads. Often, if an ereven doesn't have a rune, they are outcast from their reyi.

Special Abilities

Most ereven have no special abilities what-so-ever. It is rare for a member of this species to be able to control an element, and usually that control is very limited. An ereven with control over more than one element is exceedingly rare.

Inter-Planetary Travel

Yes, I did just say inter-planetary travel. All ereven can travel to other planets by 3 means; water-travel, shadow-travel, and cloud-travel. More on this later

History

Long ago, ereven looked quite different from modern ereven. There was a day when every ereven had the ability to control multiple elements. This earned them the title "Elemental Masters". Then a disease came that infected and killed 2/3 of the ereven population and left most of them without use of their powers. Many of the descendants of these ereven did not survive their years as pups and those that did looked surprisingly different from their parents. These ereven were the first of the modern ereven. The disease continued to assail them and their numbers dwindled. Some ereven began to leave their planet of origin in search of a better home. Soon entire reyi formed on other planets. Their home planet was almost entirely abandoned. The disease soon vanished, leaving behind a scattered and weak species. They lost the title of Elemental Masters because so very few ereven had powers. Recently, ereven have begun to flock to a large planet called Chiray (Shi-ray), which is believed to be their home planet. It is unknown why they are doing this, but some would say it is because the planet fits their needs perfectly. Others claim it is because they have a strong desire to return to their home.

Accessories

Due to their ability to travel from planet to planet, ereven often have many odd accessories. One of the most common of these is a lantern lit by an eternal flame. These lanterns are often quite helpful for shadow travel Other accessories include earrings, necklaces, weapons, bandanas, and more.

Staff

Artists: Ember the Wolf
Guest Artists: The Last Raven

Adoption Limit

Currently, the adoption limit is 5. Artists may make themselves a custom or two and are allowed 2 extra ereven. Guest artists may not make customs but do gain an extra ereven.

Forms

Artist Applications: Currently Accepting

Code: Select all
[center][u]Artist Application[/u][/center]

Username:
Examples of Designs:
How many ereven can you make each week?:
Have you ever been a guest artist?:

Guest Artist Applications: Currently Accepting

Code: Select all
[center][u] Guest Artist Application[/u][/center]

Username:
Examples of Designs:
Have you ever been an artist?:

Rarities

Common
Rune on paw pads and shoulders, long tail, no special powers

Uncommon
Rune on paw pads and shoulders, long or short tail, no special powers

Rare
Rune on paw pads and/or shoulders, long, short, or curled tail, one power with limited control

Very Rare
Rune on paw pads and/or shoulders or no rune, any tail type, wings, multiple powers with excellent control
Note: Very rare ereven will only be made for special numbers/dates (50, 100, 200, ect)
Last edited by Caela on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
I swear I'm not a middle schooler.
For real.

----------------------------

Do I ever do things in a timely matter?
I'll get back to you on that.

----------------------------

I love:
languages ♥ violin ♥ guitar ♥ piano
16th - 18th century ships

quietly mourning the decline of the Irish language
Caela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ereven Adopts

Postby The Last Raven » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:44 pm

I hope I'm allowed to post here. I just had a question about the elements. Like is mostly just water, fire, earth, ect. Or do they sometimes control other elements? Let's say time or something.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caela » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:12 pm

The Last Raven wrote:I hope I'm allowed to post here. I just had a question about the elements. Like is mostly just water, fire, earth, ect. Or do they sometimes control other elements? Let's say time or something.

Good question. Thank you for asking. C=

I used the word "elements" to loosely. They can control anything really, from common elements like fire and water to strange ones such as gravity and (as you said) time. I should probably add something about that to the description.

And of course you're allowed to post here. Feel free to post on any of my drawings unless I specifically say not to. That goes for everyone. =3
Caela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:51 am

Awesome! Now I can finish my form up. :3 Lovin the species by the way. So fluffy!
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember the Wolf » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:32 am

Totally marking These are super cute by the way! I would die to be an artist!! :3

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DeviantArt
YouTube
Commisions

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Main characters
My simas

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Check out My new Adopts!
Soulis Adopts
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
Ember the Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caela » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:47 am

Ember the Wolf wrote:Totally marking These are super cute by the way! I would die to be an artist!! :3

Well you can be an artist, but you don't have to die. =3

The only thing I ask of you is that you design at least 3 ereven each week. If there is a reason why you can't then that's okay. Also please let me design the very rare ereven (50th ereven, 100th, 200th, ect).

Welcome to the team. =3
Caela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember the Wolf » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:14 pm

ohh!! thank you soo much!!! :D I'm excited! :3 I have a few questoins about making runes tho.
And do you m,ind if i make some line edits? (like bangs and stuff)

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DeviantArt
YouTube
Commisions

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Main characters
My simas

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Check out My new Adopts!
Soulis Adopts
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
Ember the Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caela » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:54 am

Ember the Wolf wrote:ohh!! thank you soo much!!! :D I'm excited! :3 I have a few questoins about making runes tho.
And do you m,ind if i make some line edits? (like bangs and stuff)

Line edits are fine. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need. =3
Caela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember the Wolf » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:37 am

Is there certain runs I need to use? Or no

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DeviantArt
YouTube
Commisions

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Main characters
My simas

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Check out My new Adopts!
Soulis Adopts
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
Ember the Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caela » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:50 am

Ember the Wolf wrote:Is there certain runs I need to use? Or no

Feel free to make up your own runes or use some of my already designed runes. I'll add more to the link later.
Caela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me