12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

first star #20 //Winner!

Postby inactive20000009 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:18 pm

star light, star bright,
the first star I see tonight,
i wish i may, i wish i might,
have the wish i wish tonight.

remember when you used to wait beside your window every night to catch the first star and make a wish? well, those stars actually aren't stars at all. little furry creatures with glowing starlights in their chests make it their job to be the first light in the sky, every night. first stars will pick out the wishes they deem most worthy and store them in the glass bottle they carry. when the time is ripe, the first star comes down to earth to make the wish come true.

ridiculously complicated rainbow!! ouo <3 breaking the color rule dannnggg bee /x"D
okay, for this contest: tell me their name, gender, sexuality, and connection to photography. are they a photographer? or some other connection?

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]sexuality:[/b]
[b]connection to photography?[/b]

extras are allowed but not required, and i will be judging this when i feel like it /shot
probably in 3-5 days nwn <3 have fun!
Last edited by inactive20000009 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
inactive20000009

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: first star #20 //open

Postby BecNessMonster » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:35 pm

username: BecNessMonster
Name: Spectril
sexuality: Hetrosexual
connection to photography? He is a modal, he does fashion shoots for magazines, either as a male or a Transvestite

Please bump things I have forgotten// My Dogons //
BecNessMonster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowseph » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:41 pm

username: Snow!
      sexuality: Panromantic Demisexual
      connection to photography? wip

dropping out, sorry! good luck~
Last edited by Snowseph on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    i'm not that active... i pop in every now and then out of boredom or nostalgia.
    i'm keeping my stuff unless otherwise stated.

he/they. queer. adult. multi&mixed media artist.
    discord: eat_plant
Snowseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

█Jett█ ♥ █The Bright One█

Postby puddssoul » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:44 pm

Username: puddssoul
Name: Jett
Sexuality: Pansexual
Connection to photography?
Jett is a photoshop genius who edits photos for many famous magazines and other purposes, working directly with many well-known photographers and often taking a few amateur pictures himself, although it's clear that his talent lies within the computer program and not necessarily behind the camera.
Theme Song:
Jett's theme song would have to be "Blackout" by Breathe Carolina - he has a strong sense of determination, but also loves to party.
Personality:
When he's working, Jett is very serious and tenacious - he always gets the job done, no matter what obstacles he faces or what new things he has to learn to accomplish it. But when he's around friends, he tends to break loose and becomes a very relaxed, welcoming guy who likes to have fun and is a bit of a joker. He likes to play pranks, although he tries to keep them pretty harmless. He has slight commitment issues, and is rarely in a relationship because of it. However, that doesn't stop him from making plenty of friends and being a flirt (stupid pick-up lines are so his thing). He's very creative and also likes to sing in his free time, although his voice isn't the best, he always puts gusto into it and makes things interesting!
Crush:
Yes, this boy almost always has a crush, but at the moment the object of his affections would be #15, otherwise known as the handsome Zaxby, owned by loaf.
Favorite Pick-Up Lines:
Jett adores pick-up lines, the cheesier the better, and since he works around photographers a lot, many of them have to do with photography! Here are some of his favorites -
"Let’s get together for a horizontal composition." "Let’s go into a darkroom and see what develops." "I'm setting my focus on you."
Favorite Color:
Believe it or not, this colorful boy's favorite color is black. Almost everything that he wears is black - even the comforter on his bed is black. He thinks that it is sleek and very clean-looking, and enjoys how it is often warm.
Background:
As a child, Jett was a very popular kid among the others, always making jokes and telling stories with his vivid imagination. As he grew up he didn't lose that charm, and dated a lot of girls and guys, although he never stuck with the same one for long. He originally attended school to try and get a degree in psychology, but swiftly realized that wasn't his calling and was intrigued by the effects that could be done with a simple computer program. He tried out a night class and fell in love with it, realizing he had a true knack for it, and after completing the course, he was hired almost right away. He slowly climbed the ranks, using his natural charm and people skills to help him gain the coveted job positions until he found his spot at the top - editing photos for top photographers.
Last edited by puddssoul on Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puddssoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fahloan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Wow- she is beautiful, great job bee ^^

{lol nice smiley face in the color palette
Fahloan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fahloan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Wow- she is beautiful, great job bee ^^

{lol nice smiley face in the color palette
Fahloan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbowCharizard » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:00 pm

username: RainbowCharizard
sexuality: Asexual
connection to photography? She was the one who put the color into photography. Her story is told as if it is a fairy tale:

Photos were black and white back then. In fact, people and their dwellings were restricted to living in greyscale. Everything was in black and white.
Then, this First Star was born. She was all grey. She traveled far and wide, and she discovered of the beauty of color beyond the world of the humans.
She was determined to bring it back for them to see.

She approached an apple tree, filled with fruit. "Apple tree, oh apple tree. Lend me your color, for I need to spread it to the people."
The kind old apple tree thought, "It seems as though it's a worthy cause. Take my apples of crimson."
The First Star reached for the apple and took a bite, and suddenly, a bright red mark appeared on her side. "Thank you dear apple tree, for your gift of color!"

She stumbled upon a pumpkin patch, filled with juicy pumpkins ripe for harvest. She pleaded, "Pumpkin patch, oh pumpkin patch. Lend me your color, for I need to spread it to the people."
The pumpkins whispered among themselves.
After a pause they announced: "It seems as though it's a worthy cause. Take our glorious orange."
The First Star reached for a pumpkin and ran her delicate paw across it, and suddenly a dash of orange appeared on her side. "Thank you dear pumpkin patch, for your gift of color!"

She traveled to a forest filled with the yellows of the autumn leaves. "Autumn leaves, oh autumn leaves. Lend me your colors, for I must spread them to the people."
The autumn leaves bickered rather loudly amongst themselves, but they finally agreed. "It seems as though it's a worthy cause. Take our flamboyant yellows."
The First Star reached for the leaves, and they were blown down by the wind, encircling her with a blur of yellow, which appeared on her side. "Thank you dear autumn leaves, for your gift of color."

She trudged to where the grass grew thick and green and tall, taller than a man. The grass bent and swished lazily in the wind."Tall grass, oh tall grass. Lend me your colors, for I must spread them to the people." The grass retorted, "Why must we give up our luscious greens? They are important; as they cover the ground."
"We must spread the green for others to see!" she replied.
"It seems as though it's a worthy cause. The world would be better if there was a little more green."
The grass swished once more, and a green mark appeared at the First Star's side.

She roamed and roamed until she was faced with nothing but the blue sky. "Vast sky, oh vast sky. Lend me your colors, for I must spread them to the people..." She rasped.
The sky made a huffy reply. "My blue is the most important color. It envelops the world in a large blue blanket. Why should you have the privilege of blue?"
"The people cannot see it."
"Very well. What use is a blue if one cannot see it? It seems as though it's a worthy cause." And the sky enveloped the First Star as it did the earth, and she saw that a blue marking had appeared at her side.

She continued to the edges of the earth, where she met the purpley hues of space. "Mighty universe, oh mighty universe." She barely could pronounce her words from exhaustion. "Lend me.. your colors... for I... must spread them.. to the people."
"Why should I?" boomed the universe, loud and angry. "Purple is a color meant only for nobility. It envelops everything in existence. Why should you, a puny star, be granted such an honor?"
"Why should the people live without it? Colors are important. Why should you hog all the purple to yourself?"
"I deserve it most."
"Well I think not." With that, she thrusted herself into the depths of the universe, trying to clutch at the patches of purple. Purple markings flickered at her side, but did not completely appear, as she was sent plummeting back to earth.

But when she returned, she was surrounded by cheering and happiness. As she fell, the colors she was able to gather exploded from within her, and spread to every corner of the earth. The people rejoiced; they were finally able to see the colors for themselves.

This softened the cold heart of the universe, who boomed with a soft gentle tone, "Take the royal color of purple. The people seem much happier now.... For many years I had only seen suffering and chaos. But now I see that color was the thing that the people needed most."

It was then that she could exclaim, "Thank you, dear universe, for your gift of color."
And the rest of the world agreed.

EPILOGUE

After millenniums pass, this story is slowly forgotten. The people of the world take color for granted.
Only one artifact remains that had captured the existence of the time when everything was greyscale. Black and white photos.

Last edited by RainbowCharizard on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
RainbowCharizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby siennacereal » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:35 am

Reserve <3
XXXXXXXXXart by ;; Purrfectpal
?
?
?
?
?
?

My Kalons

----------

Commissions ;;

here
siennacereal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogish » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:02 pm

reserve~
Pet's name: Rhys
Pet's name: Nokk
dogish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inactive20000009 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:03 pm

This is ending tonight, so finish up nwn!
inactive20000009

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me