MGH #110 - Cyberpunk by tyrell wellick

Based on Click to view
Artist tyrell wellick [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

MGH #110 - Cyberpunk

Postby tyrell wellick » Mon May 26, 2014 1:39 pm

Mana Geared Hyenas share the same anatomy as the ordinary hyenas, however they are born with
metal intertwined around their left forearm. The metal contains two gems embedded into it and
the Hyenas use it as a controller for their mana. Each hyena contains the magic of one of
the four basic elements, fire, water, air and earth. Their left paws contain the
ability to use these given powers, which can be very destructive. However, the Hyenas will
only use their powers when threatened. Any abuse of power is punished by blackening the gems in
their metal gear, rendering their powers useless with no chance of re-obtaining them.

This little dude is based off cyberpunk themes!
They have a USB slot on their hip; they plug into it and recharge with it.
The USB slot tends to spark a lot. It's pretty malfunctioning.

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Element:
Backstory/history: How were they created? Are they an experiment? A robot? Something else completely. Tell their story!
Extra: Not required.

Deadline is June 7th.
unfortunately, we're all human.
except me, of course.
tyrell wellick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MGH #110 - Cyberpunk

Postby angeltears. » Tue May 27, 2014 5:39 pm

Username: Oh My Gods
Name: Poseidon [Hence the trident on his side]
Element: Water
Backstory/history: How were they created? Are they an experiment? A robot? Something else completely. Tell their story! MAKING
Extra: Not required
ImageImageImageImageImage
angeltears.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vermilion Ink » Wed May 28, 2014 8:27 am

~.Crow.~

Jordon

Water

Male

Well, it’s kind of a boring story. You see... I grew up like this. At least I assume I did, I don’t remember most of my childhood. Except for two things, I was an orphan, and I was an outcast. Of course at such a tender young age no one wanted to hang out with the technicolor freak with the USB slot on his butt. So I spent most of my time by myself, with nothing but my thoughts and my music.

Music was like my best friend as I grew. It moved me like nothing else ever could. My life completely changed when I first discovered electronic music, until then I had mostly been listening to rock and punk. It was like an epiphany, and It became my life. It wasn’t long before I started creating my own music, after all I’d been through it was like i’d found my purpose, maybe it was what I was meant to do.

I now create tracks of my own in my own studio. I don’t sell my music or anything, I do it mostly for myself. Though I do some DJ-ing gigs sometimes.
Last edited by Vermilion Ink on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Error 404: Signature Not Found
Vermilion Ink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cheshire. » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Username:
sorakami., named after another mana geared hyena of mine hehe.
Name:
Dysfunction is this handsome male's name. True to the title he was given, the USB port in his side tends to malfunction on him. Instead of being called Dysfunction though, he prefers to be called Dane, keeping the D from his real name.
Element:
Like the orange mana blazing from his paw, Dane's element is the wielding of Flame.
Not surprisingly, Dane actually had no set gender. However, he acts and sounds slightly more masculine so he uses the male terms.
Backstory/history:
Leaning against the damp wall of the alley way, smoke exited my muzzle. I was using my own abilities to create my very own internal cigarette. Across from me were several other flame hyena's, all looking as dopey and tired as myself. First was Ratch, a black male with warm coloured patterns, swirling up like the fire he manipulated. Next to him was Bolt who had a light blue base with purple stripes. And right next to me, pressed against my fur was Scar. She had a dirty blonde coat with a white tipped tail, muzzle, ear and paw. Her eyes were half shut and I could tell the smoke wafting around us was making her hazy. This was my life.

Two years ago, I had quite the academy I was training in. I had become a bit of a 'naughty' student, always causing trouble. More often that tolerated I didn't even go to class. And one day, I just walked and and decided never to come back. My parents were furious. They would rage and rant at me, telling me that I needed to stop being so lazy. Anything before that moment...it's all a blur. Yeah, the thing about me, I have horrible memory. To the point that every day I live on, another early memory I forget. Soon enough I doubt I'll even remember what came before my life in the alley, smoking and lying about. Ratch, Bolt and Scar were all similar, defying the way of life and simply running away. We were all misfits, broken and useless.

Or, at least we were until they came. Like the darkness that crept in with the falling of the Sun, they were silent, totally undetectable. I only just realized them when it was too late. Water was put around my muzzle before freezing, stopping me from speaking. Muscled bodies picked me up and a sack was thrown over my head. I didn't know what was going on and my ears strained for the sound of my 'pack' mates, Scar in particular. We had become a bit of a couple and I had promised to look out for her. Scrambling about, fire suddenly erupted from my paw, burning the bag and the ice around my mouth. I only just managed to scream out my lover's name before I was knocked cold.

---

A heavy and painful head ache woke my up. My back was in an uncomfortable position and I scooted around to sit up. Bars. They were the first thing I saw. All around me, trapping me. Across was Ratch and I let out a whimper, trying to awaken him. "No point, he's dead." A cold and nonchalant voice made me whip my neck around to gaze at a shadow in the corner. Squinting, I tried to see this male hyena's face. And then realization hit me. What, dead? "Ratch!" He called to him, pawing at the edges of my cage. Who else had come with me, who else had been captured. My heart skipped a beat. I couldn't remember. "I can't remember, I can't remember!" A small sob escaped my jaws, thinking about how whoever had accompanied me would be forgotten due to my lack of memory.

"Oh, they're fine. They will be used for testing until they die like this one did. The damage of internal smoking ruined his lungs and our experiments killed him swiftly. You were also going to be used for testing until one of your other friends told us about your memory loss. A scruffy looking female informed me that you have memory problems?" My eyes were still on Ratch, pleading for him to wake up. A female? Who? And why had she told them? Had she been tortured? Unable to stare at my best friend's body any longer I returned my gaze to this shadow. "So what?!" I snapped.

"Oh, well, you see, we have a new experiment that you would be perfect for. Transplanting a memory device into the body of a hyena, giving them infinite memory and storage, not to mention the ability to make any technology obey them. And who better than a hyena who can barely remember his mates name? Oh yes, she loved you. In her last moments she called your name, Dysfunctional. How fitting for such a ditz as yourself." Eyes staring so intensely into the darkness, I tried to see the face of this torturer. I could see nothing. But I had learned something new. So I'd had a mate. Tears threatened to make an appearance as I thought about it. I could feel the love, the adoration for whoever had loved me back but I could place no name or face to this strong emotion. At least I knew my name now. And how very fitting it was.

"Let me out, immediately. I will not help you." Voice shaking, I tried to demand my freedom. The shadow rippled as it chuckled. "Sorry Dysfunctional but that will not be happening. Your new name is Subject No #127. One of the twenty two still living patients. Sleep tight, you will have a tough time when you wake up." And with that, a gas suddenly came into the room, blinding me while the shadow walked out and sending me into a sleep. One hundred and twenty-seven. And only twenty-two were still living. Perhaps, when they were done with me, it would only be twenty-one.

---

He was right. It was a tough day, tot he point where the pain was almost unbearable. Needles injected foreign liquids into me by masked hyenas and I would pushed around roughly. When I snapped at them I was muzzled like some slave. After a while, I heard the one thing I had been dreading. "Subject No #127 is ready. The procedure may begin." And like that, I was sedated.

I think they had still wanted me to be asleep but the tranquillizer had only left me numb and tired. I saw the knives, the blood and watched as they cut into me, carrying out the procedure. Soft voices communicated to one another before one finally said the device could be transplanted. A only just managed to feel the panic through the sedation and let out a moan. They all looked to me, surprised before they hurriedly knocked me out, commenting on how I had a strong mind to have stayed awake.

---

That was my last memory of being a full hyena. When I woke up, I was different. The sound of canines bustling past made me jolt up, my head clanging against a metal bar. Looking up, it held a bag of liquid which was attached to some straw thing before it was finally injected into my wrist. Whaaaa? There was white everywhere. White curtains, white sheets and a white hyena was staring at me kindly. "Wh-what's going o- uuhhhhhh, I'm glowing." My heart jumped into my mouth, gazing down at my fur to see a light blue glow emanating from my body. Panic seized me as I remembered everything. The nurse rushed to my side before she explained it all.

An illegal experimenting laboratory had been discovered. They had been transplanting all sorts of weird things into hyenas. When they busted in, the crazy scientists went mad and killed many of the few surviving canines. They had found Dysfunctional unconscious in a cell, having survived what ever experiments they had put on him. Now, he was like a USB. I lay back in the bed, exhausted and stressed. "It's all right. Your parents are here to support you." The nurse said. And as if on cue, they entered and I burst out in tears, leaning my head against my mother's shoulder.

-[ two months later ]-

I am the only one of my kind. A true cyborg. There is a Hyena who wears machinery as gear but it's not the same. After a few weeks of getting used to it, I know most of the abilities I know have. Like for one, I do not need to sleep, I just need to recharge. I can sleep but I don't find the same pleasure in it like I did before. Another thing, if I touch any sort of technology I can control it. When I do this, my markings glow, other wise they just give off a dim light. I think the very best thing that happened, the out weighs everything else is my memory. I can store up any knowledge and any memory that I want while I can also forget others. I am the ultimate storage device. I am a little like a computer too. I can create my own documents and I can also access internet! Haha, sounds strange, I know but it has it's conveniences.

Slowly, I'm recovering but the memories of the lab still haunt me. I can't retrieve lost memories so my supposed mate is still unknown to me. I do remember Ratch though and I made sure that we gave him a funeral along with all the other fallen hyena's whose bodies we could find. The other experiment hyenas that survived either died or the things injected into them wore off, leaving them as they were before with only their memories to remind them of that horrible laboratory to remind them of their darkest days. As for me, they avoid me completely. I am a sign of what the scientists had tried to create through them. I am either a curse or a gift to the realm of mana geared hyenas. Either way, I will never forget.
Last edited by cheshire. on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cheshire.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tyrell wellick » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:27 am

Deadline is extended to the 14th.
except me, of course.
tyrell wellick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tyrell wellick » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:18 am

Tomorrow's the day. :3
except me, of course.
tyrell wellick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vermilion Ink » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Good luck!
Error 404: Signature Not Found
Vermilion Ink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cheshire. » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:03 pm

bump?
cheshire.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyensa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:07 pm

MGH number is now 116.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tyrell wellick » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:00 pm

sorakami. wrote:
Username:
sorakami., named after another mana geared hyena of mine hehe.
Name:
Dysfunction is this handsome male's name. True to the title he was given, the USB port in his side tends to malfunction on him. Instead of being called Dysfunction though, he prefers to be called Dane, keeping the D from his real name.
Element:
Like the orange mana blazing from his paw, Dane's element is the wielding of Flame.
Not surprisingly, Dane actually had no set gender. However, he acts and sounds slightly more masculine so he uses the male terms.
Backstory/history:
Leaning against the damp wall of the alley way, smoke exited my muzzle. I was using my own abilities to create my very own internal cigarette. Across from me were several other flame hyena's, all looking as dopey and tired as myself. First was Ratch, a black male with warm coloured patterns, swirling up like the fire he manipulated. Next to him was Bolt who had a light blue base with purple stripes. And right next to me, pressed against my fur was Scar. She had a dirty blonde coat with a white tipped tail, muzzle, ear and paw. Her eyes were half shut and I could tell the smoke wafting around us was making her hazy. This was my life.

Two years ago, I had quite the academy I was training in. I had become a bit of a 'naughty' student, always causing trouble. More often that tolerated I didn't even go to class. And one day, I just walked and and decided never to come back. My parents were furious. They would rage and rant at me, telling me that I needed to stop being so lazy. Anything before that moment...it's all a blur. Yeah, the thing about me, I have horrible memory. To the point that every day I live on, another early memory I forget. Soon enough I doubt I'll even remember what came before my life in the alley, smoking and lying about. Ratch, Bolt and Scar were all similar, defying the way of life and simply running away. We were all misfits, broken and useless.

Or, at least we were until they came. Like the darkness that crept in with the falling of the Sun, they were silent, totally undetectable. I only just realized them when it was too late. Water was put around my muzzle before freezing, stopping me from speaking. Muscled bodies picked me up and a sack was thrown over my head. I didn't know what was going on and my ears strained for the sound of my 'pack' mates, Scar in particular. We had become a bit of a couple and I had promised to look out for her. Scrambling about, fire suddenly erupted from my paw, burning the bag and the ice around my mouth. I only just managed to scream out my lover's name before I was knocked cold.

---

A heavy and painful head ache woke my up. My back was in an uncomfortable position and I scooted around to sit up. Bars. They were the first thing I saw. All around me, trapping me. Across was Ratch and I let out a whimper, trying to awaken him. "No point, he's dead." A cold and nonchalant voice made me whip my neck around to gaze at a shadow in the corner. Squinting, I tried to see this male hyena's face. And then realization hit me. What, dead? "Ratch!" He called to him, pawing at the edges of my cage. Who else had come with me, who else had been captured. My heart skipped a beat. I couldn't remember. "I can't remember, I can't remember!" A small sob escaped my jaws, thinking about how whoever had accompanied me would be forgotten due to my lack of memory.

"Oh, they're fine. They will be used for testing until they die like this one did. The damage of internal smoking ruined his lungs and our experiments killed him swiftly. You were also going to be used for testing until one of your other friends told us about your memory loss. A scruffy looking female informed me that you have memory problems?" My eyes were still on Ratch, pleading for him to wake up. A female? Who? And why had she told them? Had she been tortured? Unable to stare at my best friend's body any longer I returned my gaze to this shadow. "So what?!" I snapped.

"Oh, well, you see, we have a new experiment that you would be perfect for. Transplanting a memory device into the body of a hyena, giving them infinite memory and storage, not to mention the ability to make any technology obey them. And who better than a hyena who can barely remember his mates name? Oh yes, she loved you. In her last moments she called your name, Dysfunctional. How fitting for such a ditz as yourself." Eyes staring so intensely into the darkness, I tried to see the face of this torturer. I could see nothing. But I had learned something new. So I'd had a mate. Tears threatened to make an appearance as I thought about it. I could feel the love, the adoration for whoever had loved me back but I could place no name or face to this strong emotion. At least I knew my name now. And how very fitting it was.

"Let me out, immediately. I will not help you." Voice shaking, I tried to demand my freedom. The shadow rippled as it chuckled. "Sorry Dysfunctional but that will not be happening. Your new name is Subject No #127. One of the twenty two still living patients. Sleep tight, you will have a tough time when you wake up." And with that, a gas suddenly came into the room, blinding me while the shadow walked out and sending me into a sleep. One hundred and twenty-seven. And only twenty-two were still living. Perhaps, when they were done with me, it would only be twenty-one.

---

He was right. It was a tough day, tot he point where the pain was almost unbearable. Needles injected foreign liquids into me by masked hyenas and I would pushed around roughly. When I snapped at them I was muzzled like some slave. After a while, I heard the one thing I had been dreading. "Subject No #127 is ready. The procedure may begin." And like that, I was sedated.

I think they had still wanted me to be asleep but the tranquillizer had only left me numb and tired. I saw the knives, the blood and watched as they cut into me, carrying out the procedure. Soft voices communicated to one another before one finally said the device could be transplanted. A only just managed to feel the panic through the sedation and let out a moan. They all looked to me, surprised before they hurriedly knocked me out, commenting on how I had a strong mind to have stayed awake.

---

That was my last memory of being a full hyena. When I woke up, I was different. The sound of canines bustling past made me jolt up, my head clanging against a metal bar. Looking up, it held a bag of liquid which was attached to some straw thing before it was finally injected into my wrist. Whaaaa? There was white everywhere. White curtains, white sheets and a white hyena was staring at me kindly. "Wh-what's going o- uuhhhhhh, I'm glowing." My heart jumped into my mouth, gazing down at my fur to see a light blue glow emanating from my body. Panic seized me as I remembered everything. The nurse rushed to my side before she explained it all.

An illegal experimenting laboratory had been discovered. They had been transplanting all sorts of weird things into hyenas. When they busted in, the crazy scientists went mad and killed many of the few surviving canines. They had found Dysfunctional unconscious in a cell, having survived what ever experiments they had put on him. Now, he was like a USB. I lay back in the bed, exhausted and stressed. "It's all right. Your parents are here to support you." The nurse said. And as if on cue, they entered and I burst out in tears, leaning my head against my mother's shoulder.

-[ two months later ]-

I am the only one of my kind. A true cyborg. There is a Hyena who wears machinery as gear but it's not the same. After a few weeks of getting used to it, I know most of the abilities I know have. Like for one, I do not need to sleep, I just need to recharge. I can sleep but I don't find the same pleasure in it like I did before. Another thing, if I touch any sort of technology I can control it. When I do this, my markings glow, other wise they just give off a dim light. I think the very best thing that happened, the out weighs everything else is my memory. I can store up any knowledge and any memory that I want while I can also forget others. I am the ultimate storage device. I am a little like a computer too. I can create my own documents and I can also access internet! Haha, sounds strange, I know but it has it's conveniences.

Slowly, I'm recovering but the memories of the lab still haunt me. I can't retrieve lost memories so my supposed mate is still unknown to me. I do remember Ratch though and I made sure that we gave him a funeral along with all the other fallen hyena's whose bodies we could find. The other experiment hyenas that survived either died or the things injected into them wore off, leaving them as they were before with only their memories to remind them of that horrible laboratory to remind them of their darkest days. As for me, they avoid me completely. I am a sign of what the scientists had tried to create through them. I am either a curse or a gift to the realm of mana geared hyenas. Either way, I will never forget.

Congrats, he's yours :^)
except me, of course.
tyrell wellick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me