Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

VooDoll Adopts by Wileyfangs

Based on Click to view
Artist Wileyfangs [gallery]
Time spent 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

VooDoll Adopts

Postby Wileyfangs » Mon May 19, 2014 4:08 pm

What is a VooDoll?
    Voodolls are strange little spirit imps with bright souls. Those are hidden however either in their stomachs or if possible, elsewhere. A voodoll is often times manifested from terrible things in the world that are brought into light. Whatever ill will has happened, a little VooDoll will come out of it. Not all are created this way as very rare ones are made from the best of intentions, but as I've said those are rare and hard to find. While born from terrible things, VooDolls are hardly described by them. In fact many times a VooDoll is born and knows nothing of evil or pain or hurt, and instead knows only impish tricks and laughter. They're rather friendly, if you can approach them with good intention. Otherwise you might find yourself in for a nasty shock. Every Voodoll is poisonous, though in most cases there are none that are terribly harmful to humans, too much can certain hurt a person. Most Voodolls have poison leaking from their eyes, mouth, stomach, ears and paws. Every Voodoll also has a scorpion tail as well that leaks poison. Stitched areas are more common of leakage which is why if you're going to have a VooDoll you have to learn how to keep it well groomed.

Are there different kinds?
    Yes there are. There are four different kinds of VooDolls and each has it's own special set of limitations and skills. However there are known to be hybrids too.

Land-Movers- They basically live everywhere and have pretty much no limitations to being on land. However they are forbidden from the seas as it burns them. They come with scales or fur or even just skin. It depends on where they were 'born'. If not bathed their poison can in fact become rather harmful for humans.

Sea-Dwellers- Are amphibious and have a bit of trouble on land when taken from the ocean for too long. They have scales though only rare ones are scaleless. They do however tend to enjoy messing with cruise ships on the high seas and stealing goods. Some even have the power of that of Sirens. Be careful of their diets though. They have no problem moving from fishfood.

Sky-shakers- A feathered or scaled lot that take special consideration to be mainly in the skies. Like Land-movers they're everywhere. They are however, harder to catch and tend to shy away from humans far more. They're a shaky lot and some have the power to hypnotism. Others not so much.

Ghost-Dancers- Finally last but not least we have Ghost dancers. These little guys are a bit on the transparent side. In fact they practically have no legs at all. Many are claimed to be lost souls and are rather hard to find. If confronted by one it is usually not good. They're a poisonous bunch and a lot more so than the other three of their species. Often times they have ghoul eyes and no stitched up mouths. Like any typical ghosts they tend to hide around old mansions or graveyards, however unlike other ghosts they have a bad habit of leaving oozing acid. Take extreme care when dealing with these guys.

What kind is Tava?

Little Tava is a land mover and happens to be quite the VooRabbit. Her soul is green in the center. However not even I knows where she comes from. She's a little helper around here though, so don't be surprised if you see her sneaking around the corner.

Sizes
Truthfully it depends on the goodness/badness level here. Depending on how potent whatever ill will was thrown out into the world determines the size. On a meter of 1-7 with 7 being the most potent and 1 being the least determines the size. Each VooDoll will have their own potency level.

Reproduction?
As stated before, some VooDolls are manifested from bad thoughts, ill will, hatred the like. However there are many times where two VooDolls come together and fuse souls to create a little one. Now this will reside in a hybrid form of the two or a natural one, but in many cases, VooDolls hardly digress. Since they have no set genders, they hardly have a problem with being with any other VooDoll. However if the connected souls break while in the middle of fusing both could end up pained and it will take a while for them to heal and perhaps even longer for them to want to try again.

Fun Facts
-VooDolls actually don't need to eat anything. They get their source of nutrition and strength either from emotions of which they are born from or from their surroundings. Make note that if your VooDoll eats 'energy' from any environment it will in fact give those back in the form of cloud dust.

-Cloud-dust is essentially a way that VooDolls give back and while poisonous to humans (just about everything about them is) it's perfectly fine for the environment. In fact Cloud-Dust helps it thrive even more as it is just an old piece of a VooDolls soul.

-VooDolls shed their skin 1-4 times a year. It's thought that they do this to keep up with seasons, hence the zipper on the belly or buttons on the chest.

-VooDolls are not able to actually speak unless through technology. They can influence any technical device by essentially fusing their soul with electrical currents. Of course this can lead to a rather hyper active or drained VooDoll so often or not VooDolls prefer not to speak. Their emotions are usually very easy to read anyways and they understand the human language a lot easier than anyone would think.

Artist, Admins, and Mods
Violet & Ivy- Creator (admin)
Rukipk- Mod
Oliviatheshark-Mod
Agent Shark- Artist/ mini-mod
Winkatuck- artist/mini-mod
Bad Little Boy- Artist/ mini-mod
Johnny Rancid- Artist/Mini-mod

Guest Artists
None yet ^u^

I plan on holding an art competition soon so watch out all you interested people.

~Rules~
-No making your VooDoll
-Please don't copy VooDolls
-Respect everyone please
-No spamming the thread. Marking is fine.
-Ask questions if confused about anything and I'll do my best, and with the help of staff, to explain it.
-No breeding since that option is not out there yet
-You can own as many as you'd like but please be considerate of others
-This is a free base which means if you want to you can make your own lines if you're an artist. Please do NOT abuse this power. I feel each VooDoll is a creature that can only be expressed through creativity and having a base would ruin that.

Last edited by Wileyfangs on Tue May 20, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Important Stuff

Postby Wileyfangs » Mon May 19, 2014 4:08 pm

Last edited by Wileyfangs on Tue May 20, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VooDoll Adopts

Postby Dr. Acula » Tue May 20, 2014 4:18 pm

So is this going to be the base for all types of the VooDolls or is this only for the Land Movers?
hmu if u wanna play borderlands 3 ♠️ troy is best parasite boi ♠️ he/him por favor
if u ever bought any character designs from me and made art with it, always feel free to show it to me!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Dr. Acula

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Tue May 20, 2014 4:20 pm

Lol it's base free so basically, you can create the land-mover, sky-shaker, sea-dweller or Ghost-dancer however you see fit. :3
My only request is that you don't go overboard, but be creative.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Acula » Tue May 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Okay, cool. Sweet, I look forward to this whole species ^^
hmu if u wanna play borderlands 3 ♠️ troy is best parasite boi ♠️ he/him por favor
if u ever bought any character designs from me and made art with it, always feel free to show it to me!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Dr. Acula

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaoses » Tue May 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Voodoo dolls? Count me in
can't wait to see these develop
<3
Chaoses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Tuesday » Tue May 20, 2014 5:17 pm

mark<3

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winkatuck » Tue May 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Marking for later.~
Hey, I'm Wink and I own Goblin Gators!
I'm temporarily active here so if you got a question about them feel free to shoot me a pm!

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chimericect » Tue May 20, 2014 11:48 pm

Marking <3
I’m here mostly looking for certain closed species!

I’m active on DA and Toyhouse (same username) so feel free to hmu?
I’m pretty much only active in Kiamaras
Chimericect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me