Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

deragamouse adopt center - GA apps- staff applications open! by plum

Artist plum [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by plum

by plum

by plum

deragamouse adopt center - GA apps- staff applications open!

Postby plum » Sat May 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Deragamouse Adoption Center
deraga - deragamice - deragas
links will go here! idea submission box

What are Deragamice?
A Deragamouse is a large, dragon-like creature that dwells both in human societies and in the forests of the world. They maintain many traits that have allowed them to integrate well into the human world, including high intelligence and a diverse diet as well as willingness to work or be companions to people. Of course, some Deragamice reject humans, and continue living in tribes in the forest. Overall, Deragas are approximately as tall as a horse as adults, though their bodies are much longer, and have long, flexible bodies meant for life in the trees. They have sharp teeth and claws meant for hunting, but their diet consists of both meat and plant matter, and everything inbetween.

More about Deragas

WIP
    Deraga age at around the same rate as humans, and live to be around 70-80 years.
    Like people, deragamice vary in size, but are generally within a certain range.
      newborn/baby: chihuahua-sized
      child: pitbull-sized - pig-sized
      teen: pony-sized - lion-sized
      adult: horse-sized - bull-sized
      *sizes are subject to change as more exact sizes are created
    Deragamice are viviparous, meaning they give live birth. They are mammals and nurse their young.
    The manes on deragamice's head and necks grow quickly, and the deraga may choose to style/cut their hair as they please.
    The tufts on a deraga's tail grow very slowly, and it is taboo to cut and style that hair.
    Deragamice almost always have slit pupils - it is rare for them not to.
    The bodies of deragas are covered in a think layer of soft, water-repellent fur.
    Modern deragamice are deragas that have integrated into human society. They have developed traits that are not accepted in tribal society, including:
      Brighter fur colors
      Somewhat weaker build
      Choose more 'human-like' hairstyles, and tend to grow longer manes
      +more later
    Traits of tribal deragas include:
      More natural colors
      Traditional hairstyles(so no scene hair or anything that obviously requires hairspray or gel)
      +more later
    Groups of deragamice, whether tribal or modern, are often called "orchards". Young deragas are often called "leaflets/leaflings".
    HIDDEN GENES - Hidden genes are genes that show a rare trait in deragamice when two of the alleles of the recessive gene are present. They all follow complete dominance, so a deraga with only 1 recessive allele for a hidden gene does not show the trait. Presence of a hidden gene is marked by a circled or x'ed out symbol in the lower right corner of your deraga's reference, and if the symbol is both x'ed and circled, it means your deraga displays the trait. Deragas may carry multiple hidden genes and some could display multiple hidden genes.

Adoption Center Rules

- Be respectful - if others are being rude, please send a report to a staff member or, if serious, report them on CS.
    - Avoid spamming/asking questions that can be answered by reading the rules. Marking the thread does not count as spam.
    - Do not mini-mod(aka answer questions on this thread when you are not staff). More specific rules concerning mini-modding will be created later.
    - If you adopt a deraga and no longer want it, you may ask for it to be put up for re-adoption or gift it - PM a staff member for approval before gifting. More specific regulations on this topic coming later.
    - Do not ask to be staff - staff applications open infrequently and you may apply when they are open.
    - Customs are generally reserved for staff - do not ask for a custom.
    - Guilt tripping or complaining about not winning a deraga may result in a warning.
    - If you are banned from Deragamice we reserve the right to re-adopt your deragas without notice.
    - If you are banned from CS we reserve the right to re-adopt your deragas.
    - If you quit CS without giving some sort of notice that you are keeping your deragas/characters, we reserve the right to re-adopt your deragas.
    - Your deragas WILL NOT be taken away if you stay on CS but are inactive with them, however staff may PM you after 6 months of inactivity to make sure you still want your deragas.
      'Inactivity' means no posts or art concerning deragas in general on CS.
      Having the right to readopt your deragas doesn't necessarily mean we will automatically readopt them if you are banned from or quit CS.

more deragamouse-specific rules
    - Currently you may own 4 deragamice. The slot limit will go up as more people reach their maximum.
    - You may add accessories and hair edits freely, without permission, but they should fit in well with the lines. (Hint - pen size 3 for the lines)
    - You may not edit the tail fluff of your Deragamouse.
    Will add more later.
Last edited by plum on Mon May 26, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: deragamouse adopt center - work in progress!

Postby plum » Sat May 17, 2014 7:43 pm

reserve - staff, staff info, staff apps, GA apps
Staff + Staff Information Post
This post concerns the staff members, what they do and their regulations for doing so, and applications for being one.
Most staff rules are publicly listed, but a more elaborate staff rule list will be created privately.

Admin(s)
The admin position is earned by long-time staff who are proactive in doing their jobs and are considered responsible enough to help manage and create rules for Deragamice.
Taiyaki

Artist Rules + Duties
    - Artists must do at least 1 design a month.
    - Designs must be appealing and well-done - no eye-blinding neon bases(though you may use it for accent markings) or obviously lazy designs.
    - You are free to do edits, but rarer edits ( will be listed later ) require my permission. Please make sure any edits fit in well with the original lines.
    - You may do as many heterozygous hidden gene deragas as you like, but please limit the ones that actually hold that trait.
    That's it for now.
Artists
-
-

Moderator Rules + Duties
- Moderators are responsible for answering questions, getting the answers to more elaborate questions from me, and checking to make sure all adopts are running smoothly and judging on time.
Responsible for managing the community and must be highly involved in the community.
Help plan + put into place future deragamice events.

Moderators
-
-

Helper Rules + Duties
The helper position concerns working in Deragamice both inside and out of the community. They will process suggestions and concerns from the suggestions box and relay the more important things to the admins, and will be the ones most responsible for answering questions on the ask box, though may leave some of that up to the moderators. They are also expected to be active in the community somewhat.

Helpers
-
-

Staff "Perk(s)"
Currently, staff may create customs for themselves which have rare edits/hidden genes. However, they must work for 1 month before being able to make their first custom.

Staff Applications: OPEN
Hiring: Artists, Mods, Helpers

pm me forms

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Position Interested:[/b] (you may only choose 1, sorry)
[b]If 'Artist', Design Examples:[/b] (delete if not picking artist position - please show me some of your BEST and WORST recent design examples, preferably designs made within 2-3 months)
[b]References/Previous Experience:[/b] (not required, but will help you lots! all must be on CS)
[b]Why are you interested in this position?:[/b]

PM ME FORMS - FORMS POSTED ON THIS THREAD WILL BE IGNORED
Also, please title the PM "Deragamouse Staff Application" so I can keep track of it better.
Staff will be picked anywhere from 1-2 weeks, after deragamouse #10 is created.

Guest Artist Rules
Guest artists are put up to the same rules as artists, however, the number of deragas you can make are limited, and you cannot freely make deragas that show hidden genes.
Guest artists may make 4 deragas, throughout any span of time. You may make as many hidden gene carriers as you would like, but only 1 of your adopts may show a hidden gene.
Guest artists MUST promptly judge their contests; within a week is ideal. Otherwise I or a moderator will take over the contest and judge it for you.
Currently, GAs cannot make themself a custom. If this changes, previous guest artists will be re-added so they can make themself a custom.
If you have any questions about the adopts please PM me.
Current Guest Artists
-
-
-

Guest Artist Applications: OPEN
PM me your forms - Title them "Guest Artist Application"

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Design Examples:[/b] (preferably made within 2-3 months - show me your BEST and WORST designs in that time period)
[b]Anything Else?:[/b]
Last edited by plum on Mon May 26, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

hello
call me plum

i do commissions for USD, list pets, and dA points
sorry, i'm not interested in art trades or c$

my typing is inconsistent and i do Not care
plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plum » Sat May 17, 2014 7:44 pm

reserve - bans, warnings, news, events, etc

hello
call me plum

plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plum » Sat May 17, 2014 7:44 pm

okay, post all you want!

hello
call me plum

plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teethpaste » Sat May 17, 2014 9:40 pm

omg so cute
    im teeth and i hate eggs

teethpaste

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AustrianAce » Sun May 18, 2014 12:20 pm

eeeeeeeeeeeepp
AustrianAce | She/her | Aspiring Veterinarian | Alpine Aces Kennels
ImageImage

AustrianAce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heir » Sun May 18, 2014 12:33 pm

I wantz to be an artist and mod!

;

─────────────────────

〈 amor, amor de mis amores 〉

🌎

hey i'm finn & i think you're pretty cool

;
heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blitz. » Sun May 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Ayy, still watching these cuties u v u -breathes deeply-
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
[he/him]
Not active anymore. Just like editing my sig once a year lol
Sorry if you've been trying to contact me.
My Partner <3

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Blitz.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: deragamouse adopt center - staff applications open!

Postby plum » Sun May 18, 2014 2:27 pm

staff applications have now opened up!

hello
call me plum

plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: deragamouse adopt center - staff applications open!

Postby Sunnyside » Sun May 18, 2014 2:53 pm

marking <3
Sunnyside

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me