Astraline #81 - Winner! by vee.

Based on Click to view
Artist vee. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
46 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Astraline #81 - Winner!

Postby vee. » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:05 pm

An Astraline is a celestial being. They take on the form of a canine most resembling a fox or domesticated dog. Instead of a tail, they have a star. The older they get, the bigger the star gets and brighter the nebulae it produces. A few more distinguishing features are a bright, nebulaeic mane and a characteristic star marking on their foreheads. Astralines are typically always bright in color. Their nebulae is generally two or more colors, pulsating and intertwining at all times. They are generally peaceful creatures, but if provoked, no one truly knows their powers to the fullest extent.

Finally got around to doing my final Astraline as Guest Artist ♥ I went with a bit of a nautical theme here, which I'm sure you can tell! I really love this guy, and I hope you all do too!

Here are the hex codes!
    Markings;
    4752587b7b79a19a92f8ecdc
    Nebula;
    ff9d7ae06f72
    Stars;
    c6deea
    Eyes;
    cfdfbb
    Nose;
    66413f
    Tongue/paw pads;
    9b5d5a

The winning form!
Luxspur wrote:

Username:
Luxspur

Astraline name:
Caper

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

█ █ █ █ █ █ █

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

Personality:

‣Optimist◂ ‣Heroic◂ ‣Reliable◂ ‣Spontaneous◂ ‣Playful◂ ‣Disorderly◂ ‣Obsessive◂

Caper is a bright, young pup. He is filled with hope and always sees things on the bright side. He's a strong believer in positivity and encouragement. He's very people oriented, and puts others above himself without hesitation. He's happily willing to forget about his needs when it comes to helping others. You can trust him with anything, and he'll get it done efficiently for nothing in exchange. His tendency to help out can get a little chaotic, and he'll take on the task of assisting tens of people at once! He'll scramble back and fourth for ages trying to solve tiny and gigantic problems alike. Caper always loses himself in a huge mess of stuff. Cleanliness is not something he preserves, or even cares about. There are many more important things for him to take care of, and he'd rather not slave away and clean up all his messes. For this reason, others tend to get frustrated by him, all though they can't help but love the kid. Caper is considered very social and spends all his time outdoors and making friends. Playing games with them is one of his favorite things. He adores all sorts of games; intellectual games, sports, board games, intense ones, non-competitive ones, nonsensical games without rules... He never gets upset when he loses, however he takes a win as an excuse to subtly brag. He isn't arrogant, however, sometimes his confidence goes a little overboard! Overall, he's a silly kid packed with passion for being the hero of everyone he knows.

ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ
ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ ϟ

What is his connection with the ocean:
Caper adores the ocean. He spends most of his time on an old brown dock risen up above the water. He loves everything about it, the sound of waves, soothing breeze, changing tides, schools of fish passing by, how the cool water hits the end of the dock, the way the color changes with the sky. For such a young kid, he has quite the appreciation of something so peaceful. However, the beauty isn't the only thing that captivates him. It's the daydreams that draw him in as well. Caper has always had this strong desire to be a hero, not just a helper. He wants to be something bigger, saving lives, actually make a difference. He wants to be bigger, and do things of importance. In his life, he is constantly occupied with helping everyone he possibly can, however he doesn't feel it is enough. His daydreams allow him to play with scenarios. In these scenarios, he can do anything he desires. He can spend hours at a time just imagining himself being a "real hero". Where he saves people from drowning, helps others escape from storms, prevents ship wrecks... They all feel so real to him. These made up stories get his heart pounding, and when he succeeds within the dream there's a genuine sense of pride in him. He's completely aware that none of this is real, but he has hope that one day, when he's older, he'll get to experience these incredible things for real. The ocean is somewhere he can make believe that he is what he wants to be. The ocean, to him, is an endless place of unknown, with danger that is equal to it's beauty. There is so much potential out there, and so much that could happen. It's somewhere he can go to relax, think about his future, and daydream. It's a safe haven to him, with a precious significance. He considers the ocean his second home.

His connection with the ocean is a special one. He feels it's a part of what he will grow up to be; a hero.

likes wrote:
⁂ anything orange flavored
⁂ summertime
⁂ finger foods
⁂ riddles
⁂ amusement parks
⁂ dressing up
⁂ cuddling in pillows & blankets
⁂ elaborate mazes

dislikes wrote:
⁂ loud music
⁂ strict rules
⁂ movie theaters
⁂ the color purple
⁂ photographs being taken of him
⁂ people who litter
⁂ the feeling of grass
⁂ ferris wheels

habits wrote:
⁂ folding newspapers into paper hats before throwing them away
⁂ gnawing on blankets in his sleep
⁂ accidentally falling asleep in sunbeams
⁂ subconsciously bopping his head to music

greatest fear wrote:
Caper is pretty tough, and won't like to admit to having any fears. But secretly, he's afraid of the dark! Not necessarily the dark, but what might be in it. He'd be the absolute most horrified to find ghosts or zombies. Once night time hits, it's a sure thing he'll get shaky. It's very obvious that he's scared, as his speech will be all over the place and if it's dark enough he'll get jittery. Caper will stay out and try to conquer this fear though, as he realizes it's childish.
talents wrote:
Caper has several talents, but his most prominent one is his skill to solve puzzles! He can do all sorts of puzzles, jigsaws, slide puzzles, rubik's cubes, crosswords... He's practiced so much it only takes him seconds to solve them. He doesn't typically show this side of him off, but he's incredibly intelligent.

Why I want him:

When I first saw this boy, I was stunned. He's my favorite Astraline yet, and I just knew I needed to try out for him. I instantly drew him, and had so much fun with it. His design is precious and I'm in love with the colors ;u; I was stumped on his character for quite a bit, but while putting this form together, I felt such a strong click with him. I really feel connected with this little guy, and would definitely continue to draw him and develop him later on. If this boy ends up with me, I'll be sure to spoil him to no end! Thank you for this wonderful opportunity!

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
Last edited by vee. on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hi, I'm Vee and I love you! ♥
    » I was Vellamore previously~
    » I am taking a temporary break from CS while I get my life in order. I will return someday!! Contact me on dA at yes-deer or on Discord at vee#2913
    » Commissions are closed.

about medA account
my kalons

vee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Astraline #81 - UFA

Postby Novi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Username: Rhett + Boo
Astraline name: Mizukani - means "Water Crab" in Japanese
What is his connection with the ocean: Was abandoned there as a baby - DO NOT STEAL THIS IDEA. ene
wip <3333
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hasu » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:36 pm

username hasuki
    name alcor
    gender male
    connncetion wip -- alcor was born on a small island that is surrounded by the sea. alcor's family had been fishing for living since his first ancestor moved to the island. alcor's mother died when he was just a baby. she drowned in the sea. when alcor grew old enough to understand that his mother will never come back he started to hate the sea. he wouldn't learn how to fish from his father and grandfather.
hasu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caeneus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Username:Caeneus
Astraline name:

wip!!

this is one handsome fellow
My Bro;

This weird'o

▙▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▚▜

Caeneus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xanga » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:57 pm

Username:
Xanga
Astraline name:
Marcus
Marcus has a terrible relationship with the ocean, he fears it, he has ever since the day he fell from a cliff and into it when he was playing tag with his father. He can no longer stand on the beach and watch the waves his once favorite thing to do.
Xanga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Candied Snow » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:46 pm

█ █ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ █ █

Username
Candied Snow

Name:
Dylan

Connection with the ocean:
Dylan doesn't really remember what happened, but according to his foster parents
he was found sleeping in a basket in the ocean on one of their trips. They found it
surprising that he was alive considering how dangerous the ocean is, not knowing
where he came from they adopted him and named him Dylan which meant 'son of the
wave'. His parents also told him about
Yemaja and since then he has thanked her for
keeping him safe. Dylan loves the ocean like a mother, he spends a lot of his free time
just floating in the water.

█ █ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ █ █
Candied Snow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frost★ » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:40 pm

Username;;
Hi, I'm Frost. I'm still desperately looking for one of these Astralines to win. I really hope this little guy goes to a good home!

Name;;
His name will be Xavier. It sounds quite strong. It sounds a bit like 'Wavier', like the waves in the sea.

Gender;;
He looks just like a male to me.

What is his connection with the ocean?

Perhaps you will have to hear his story across the sea...

On a beach, there was a small fire. There was a party by that fire. Xavier was in that party, and he was busy roasting a marshmallow.
As he was roasting it, the fire suddenly sprang up to twice its size and suddenly began to spread. Everyone ran in alarm, and Xavier watched the flames getting bigger and bigger. He could not outrun it before it closed up. There was only one option - to go into the ocean behind him. He knew the flames couldn't catch him there.
Xavier entered the sea in a clumsy dive, heart beating fast, and started paddling away from the beach. Although he was still small, he could work out that if he went too far he could drown, so he only stayed a good 10 metres away from the beach. Unfortunately there was a strong wind blowing - which explained why the fire had spread as well - so Xavier began to drift away from the shore.
Xavier saw what was happening, but he would not give up. Clenching his jaws so hard they hurt, he struck for the shallows.
But the wind was stronger, and Xavier was under its control. It blew him into the open ocean where he had to swim restlessly and constantly to keep from drowning.
By some miracle, a wooden plank came smoothly travelling towards Xavier, and he struggled to lift his paws onto it. He finally managed and shook himself dry. He could not see the beach anymore; all he saw was this vast, big ocean around him.
Xavier was hungry. He hadn't eaten since quite a long time. So using his small paws, he tried to catch any fish passing by. He finally caught one. He ate it thoughtfully.
The little wooden plank floated peacefully in gentle circles.
What is the meaning of life? he thought. For a while, he was left in peace. Just the waves lapping, and his own heart beating in a steady rhythm.
He gently dipped his paw into the water and looked up into the night sky. Xavier just noticed, with alarm, his fur blowing back, and let out a cry.
There was the wind again, coming as abruptly as it had came before and gone. He tried to cling himself tight to the wooden plank, but the wind pushed him off; he went under the water. He lost conciousness. Nothing existed.
After what seemed like a few heartbeats his eyes snapped open. He was lying on a beach.
Where am I? thought Xavier.
He rubbed his eyes with his furry paws, just to make sure he was not seeing things. He could not believe what he saw. It was the same beach where the fire had blazed on; where he had in his desperateness to escape, jumped into this same water.
It was quite unrecognisable, but he knew that this was the beach all right.
He looked into the endless water in front of him. It had not drowned him. It had not tried to harm him. It had saved his life.
"Thank you, ocean," said Xavier out loud. And with that he started up the beach, dragging himself slowly to his feet once again.

Personality;;
Adventurous | Joyful | Brave | Intelligent | Competitive
Xavier loves to explore. He's a happy little guy, and is always the leading Astraline. He's not easily scared and knows how to act properly in difficult situations and stay calm. He also is competitive, and sulks a lot if he loses. He wasn't exactly born to lose, in other words!

Likes and Dislikes;;
>Tapioca
>The colour tropical green
>Swimming

Dislikes:
>Candy
>The colour pink
>Playing 'fetch'
>Belly-flopping

Habits
>Always jumps into the water doing a belly flop
>Scratches his left ear when confused
>Eats when he's bored

I'm still planning to add more, but ready to be judged!
Last edited by Frost★ on Sat May 17, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Frost★

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:37 pm

username;; olivionary
    name;; Anchovy. I would name this gorgeous boy, Anchovy, but he will be nicknamed Anchor due to his little marking on his back.
    gender;; Male.
    ocean connection;; Anchovy was born in a city far from the sea, but his father was a sailor as a young boy while is mother was a Northern lass. Anchovy has grown up surrounded in multiple different ways of life, but he has always felt safer by the sea. He spent alot of time on the shore, but one day he fell asleep on his little boat and drifted out to sea. It was a long time before he found land, he has made it his life mission to get back across the ocean to get home. Anchovy sees the Ocean as a safe place but also a obstacle between finding his home.
    companion;;
    fear;;
    s.s Starstriker;;
    personality;;
    dreams;;
Last edited by olivionary on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guqqi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:46 pm

Username:
Baloo.
Astraline Name:
Knot
What is his connection with the ocean?:
WIP
aka BlueAuraz/Baloo.

she/her | wife | ICU nurse
deviantArtToyhouse
"Art Status"
Commissions:

CLOSED

guqqi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby malefactor » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:11 am

Username: malefactor
    Astraline name: killian
    What is his connection with the ocean: killian was born with the fascination of boats and the sea. his father was an aspiring sailor who had gotten the job as a crew for one of the biggest expeditions he had ever seen. his father has not returned, but killian goes down to the ocean everyday to look for his ship. he loves to play in the ocean and gather seashells.
Last edited by malefactor on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
malefactor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me