Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Sekarla <3 by Bearsy <3

Artist Bearsy <3 [gallery]
Time spent 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Sekarla <3

Postby Bearsy <3 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:25 am

I was in a drawy (is that even a word? o.O) mood, and decided to have yet another go at creating something the least bit presentable on the Oekaki forums, here. And so, my new character, Sekarla, was born! :D
She's a new species (to me anyway, someone may have created one similar to her, in which case, I had no intention of copying). Assuming that no one has created a critter like her, I may make Sekarla's species into an adoptable, over in Share Your Creations. Depends if I can think of a name for it. Dx

So anyway, this is a pretty basic sketch of the anatomy; I was just playing around with it, and if they do become adoptable, they'll be of a much better quality. Her species generally have quite long legs, making them fairly fast, large ears, to detect predators, or their prey, and the natural ones have colours which blend in with their habitat. Sekarla is not a natural creature, she was bred, from genetically mutated stock in captivity. That means if they do become an adoptable, colours like hers won't be available. Their paws (not shown in this image) are covered by thick fur, so their footfalls are muffled, and they can hunt their prey, and escaped the notice of predators. Curved claws, more for grip than combat, are hidden in the fur, and are fully retractable.

I'll go into more detail about sub-species', habitats, prey, predators etc. if people seem interested in the species.

So, the species is kind of a mix of cheetah (speed) and lynx (fur-tipped ears). Although you may find certain features similar to others, and I'll add 'em up here as I spot them. xP

I think she's pretty sweet :3, and I wouldn't mind some art of her. <3
Oh, and any name suggestions for the species wouldn't go amiss. xD
Bearsy <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me