Postby Bebop » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:26 am

Word;
vicious
\ˈvi-shəs\

Definitions;
-very violent and cruel
-very dangerous
-showing very angry or cruel feelings

When the pup was barely a year old, he was given away.

It had all started with the game, the game of money.
His father had needed capital to invest in his nuclear power company, and was not afraid to get that cash from the underbelly of the business world. The deal was not something that any respectable businessman would have done, but respectable businessmen don't get rich. And while he was not a respectable businessman, he was a very canny businessman, and would have made enough to pay back the loans and then plenty more- if everything had gone according to plan...

Earthquakes are not uncommon in that part of the world. The disaster struck overnight, and when the ground was finished shaking and sea stopped boiled; there was nothing left but death and ruin. The pup's father had been on the brink of success, but now the fortune that he had invested in his company was lost to the angry earth, not to mention the sickness that his ruins had created.

When the underbelly of the business world next showed itself, it wasn't too long after. The pup's father hadn't been so tame as to borrow from a fellow corrupt businessman; he had instead borrowed from an organization simply known as "the Syndicate". And the Syndicate was not tied to the fortune of one little country; it stretched throughout all corners of the world and cared not for the misfortune of its clients.

The father had only one thing left to his name, his son, and that was what he gave away to the Syndicate to pay off his debts. Such a canny little decision it was, as there was no other way that the Syndicate could recover their lost money than too make the pup serve them and work off the debt. They were angry to be certain, and the father was surely whacked at a later time, but the pup was still alive and had a future other than poverty and ruin. When they tally up the points at the end of the game, the game of life, that's got to count for something- right?

The pup was handed off to a respected old agent within some of the darker parts of the organization, and that is where he grew up. He adapted surprising well to the environment, and when he was two years old his mentor approvingly named him "Vicious".

Vicious was trained for the position of combat, through the old ways in which his mentor had learned from his mentor. Such old fashioned ways that were designed to sharpen the mind and harden the heart, to twist the being into a deadly weapon. Vicious had a hard time of his training, as that was the point, but learned how to excel in his hardship and became a very valuable operative for the Syndicate to use.

He does not know the story of his past, and he does not remember anything but the Syndicate. Vicious does know that he owes the Syndicate a large sum of money, but only knows that to be his debt to the organization for raising and training him. His debt is more of a joke to him than anything else though, because how could one ever hope to work off that kind of money, and what would one do without such a chain holding them in place? Some of the earnings that he makes through his assignment goes to the Syndicate regardless, but he chooses to spend the rest on expensive goods and luxury materials. And in truth, this is the perfect situation for the Syndicate, as Vicious has become far more useful to them than the money that his father lost.

For Vicious plays the game so well for them, the game of death. Assassinations, yes- those are a given, but the game of death does not always have to end with a death. Vicious is also very good at being a bodyguard, at intimidating, and at searching and capturing. He has mastered many weapons, and is adept at manipulation and planning.

In the streets of the world he is known as "the Firefly", and the Syndicate is always happy to sell his services for whatever nefarious plans you have in mind. And Vicious himself is just happy for a chance to play the game, the game of power.

Things probably worked out for the best in the end. Vicious never had a family to disappoint, something that would have surely happened, and his vices now work for him. He couldn’t leave the Syndicate even if he wanted to, but he has no desire for a life other than one he is living. But perhaps that is because he has never known anything else.

Name; Vicious
Gender; Male
Age; 20 in human years

Personality;;

Serious --- Cold --- Manipulative
Reserved --- Clever --- Exceptional

Vicious is able to arrange his expressions so well, it is doubtful that anyone knows what his true being is like, or if he even has something beyond masks to wear. Most of the time he is very serious and no nonsense, with a threatening edge if you're stupid enough to rub him the wrong way. If Vicious ever acts friendly to you, it is only because his job requires it or you have something that he needs. He doesn't care about your life in the least bit, and he doesn't want to be your friend. Vicious takes it upon himself to trust no one.

He is also fairly narcissistic, but never about his appearance. Vicious is very insecure about his appearance, because he knows how impractical it is, and because people will always have to make stupid comments about it. Due to this he will only wear black and white clothes, and always with long sleeves. He himself never judges individuals because of their looks, as he understands that no one gets to choose what they are born as, and because he knows better than anyone
how deceiving the surface can be. So instead it is these things,
these traits of wisdom and rationale, that Vicious takes pride in.

Poker (kiss your money goodbye)
Money, coins in particular
Expensive tea
King sized beds with bamboo sheets
Suits and ties
Classical music
Bubble baths
Skyscrapers

Dislikes
Punk kids asking him where he got his "mad sick tatts"
The wilderness
Open spaces
Losing control of situations
Blood
Bright colors
Social encounters
Comments on his coat and or demeanor

Skills;;

Vicious is extremely difficult to face, and some might even call him invincible. Of course it is impossible for anyone to be truly invincible, but when you have spent your entire life learning how to fight and kill, you become very good indeed. Vicious has never know any life other than that of a Syndicate agent, and has undergone incredibly savage training to get where he is now. He can count on one hand the amount of times he has been truly compromised on a mission, and it is a very small number when compared to his successes. If you think to envy him for his power, then it is clear that you don't understand the sacrifice.

Hiring Him;;

Very few have the connections to hire Vicious. You must do so through the Syndicate, and the existence of the Syndicate is a very well kept secret. The name of the Firefly is much more well known than that of the Syndicate, but there are even fewer facts behind it- mostly just strange tales and mysteries. And it will cost you a great sum.

Secrets;;

Secrets? What secrets? You can't see them but they must be there, for the dead aren't talking and the living speak even less. Vicious......that's such a strange name for anyone to bear; what does it mean? And how does such a being come to be known as "the Firefly"?

Last edited by Bebop on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:12 am, edited 12 times in total.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Firefly

Postby ellyenchanted » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Marina::
It looks like a unicorn clown barfed all over you.
ellyenchanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bebop » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:34 pm

fly away. wrote:
Marina::
It looks like a unicorn clown barfed all over you.

Vicious calmly scanned a page of his newspaper as he waited to be served. From the table next to him came a childish joke meant to be clever, and it took him a moment to realize that the jeer was being directed at him. For a moment he though about looking up, but he squashed the idea just as quickly. Not worth your time, he chided himself. Anyone dangerous would have killed you by now- it's just some peasant.
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellyenchanted » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:54 pm

Ahh
Vicious is so awesome
'some peasant'
/giggles

Marina is is like a spy/assassin person
which makes this even funnier
oh Marina you fool
ellyenchanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmsprout » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:32 pm

omg this looks hella rad :O
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bebop » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:37 pm

apple wrote:omg this looks hella rad :O

what's more rad is that my fingers can still function for drawing
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tramone » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Lipton;; So... do I count as expensive..?
on hiatus
Tramone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bebop » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Tramonne wrote:Lipton;; So... do I count as expensive..?

Vicious studied the brown male with quick eyes.
"I would have to dry and shred you to find out," He replied in a hard voice. "But regardless I despise cold tea."
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tramone » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Lipton;; *Scratches head* "You wouldn't do that, would you?" -starts getting tense-

We should roleplay them 8U
on hiatus
Tramone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bebop » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:24 am

Tramonne wrote:Lipton;; *Scratches head* "You wouldn't do that, would you?" -starts getting tense-

We should roleplay them 8U

"Oh indeed. I have some new knives that need testing, how lucky. You don't mind helping me, do you?"

(This is going decently, so PM me if you are still interested. I do have some regulations and warnings though.)
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me