Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

{OPEN SPECIES} Beta Centauri by Zitface

Artist Zitface [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

{OPEN SPECIES} Beta Centauri

Postby Zitface » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:59 am

RULES
  • Follow all Tess's rules.
  • Do not take offsite without my permission.
  • Do not use for profit.
  • No adoption centers.
  • THIS IS NOT A GENERAL CENTAUR LINEART.

RULES OF USE
  • Feel free to change the female's hair however you want, so long as she has a good amount.
  • Please do not color pre-existing characters on these lines.
  • Beta Centauri do not wear makeup or jewelry aside from what can be found in their habitat. [Ex. A twine or rawhide-cord necklace with a lake stone set in it for one who dwells in the forest, lipstick made out of crushed berries, red charcoal blush]
  • The only exception is for ones who dwell near cities. It is VERY uncommon for them to take things from humans aside from belts or cords or lighters [things that would aid them justice-wise or religiously], but if they decide to trust a gift or are very intrigued by something, they'll take it.
  • Remember: If you're giving the males facial hair, it CAN NOT be longer than his lower body's fur.

General Overview:
Bipedal. They NEVER walk on all fours, ever.
Matriarchal society.
THEIR UPPER BODIES ARE ANDROGYNOUS.
Males are submissive, but not depressed, mistreated, or downtrodden.
It is considered a crime to kill a male, punishable by exile.
To harm a male without reason [which is rare] is punishable by whipping with a sapling switch or, if one is found or looted, a thin leather belt.
To even harm a female is punished by death.
Only females are allowed to have any hair that isn't the fine coat hair on their lower body.
Males are allowed to keep their eyebrows and a small tuft of hair on the end of their tail. In addition, mustaches and beards are allowed, but it should be no longer than the hair on their coat or so extravagant to be disruptive.
Male priests may have a knob of hair on the back of their head, like young Egyptian princes.
Their fur, skin, hooves and hair are all natural colors except if they dye it with berries or plants.
Their fur can come in any pattern. [Ex. Tiger stripes on a forest dweller, dapple grey for ones who live in rocky areas, ANYTHING, really]
They can have tattoos, but not of anything that is human-related [flaming skulls, flaming cobras, etc.] or anything they wouldn't have seen before [Ex. A tundra Beta Centauri with a lion tattoo wouldn't be acceptable

Diet:
They are omnivores. Their diet heavily rests on meat, but fruits and berries are nearly equally important.

Habitat:
Wild. they reside in forests, meadows, deserts, tundras: Basically anywhere that's habitable.

If you decide to color, thanks for doing so! I appreciate it ^u^
Last edited by Zitface on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {OPEN SPECIES} Beta Centauri

Postby Zitface » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:13 am

I added in the male tail, which I previously forgot.
I'll be adding a rule in a few seconds:
"Feel free to change the female's hair however you want, so long as she has a good amount."
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Tornado~ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:54 pm

marking
Birds, Reptiles, and The Elder Scrolls, and my drawing tablet, basically are all I need in life.

Hi I'm Tornado, I like animals, drawing, and The Elder Scrolls. Ive been on this site for years and am pretty friendly so im always up to chat!

Selina ref guide
Best thing since sliced cheese.
Don't do Skooma kids
Kids these days
Angel on earth
Note: Finish Cp's request At with PD

~Tornado~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zitface » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:49 am

Bump! ^u^
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zitface » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Bump!
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:10 am

Cute c:
Why do they only walk on two legs? Couldnt, it, like, be something that its just up to the Beta Centauri? Like their preference? Just curious.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zitface » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:55 pm

I'm not sure myself, lol.
Id put it up to conditioning in the womb and center of gravity:
Seeing how a typical BCs chest is less barreled than a quadrupeds, and the rump larger and back legs more suited to carry the weight, bipedal walking suits them better to manage their center of gravity.
The front legs are used for intimidation or fighting. Otherwise, theyre kept up Mantis-style.

Or alternitavely, it's just a cultural thing and the matriarch considers it heresy to walk quadrupedally and exiles "quaddies"?
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:07 pm

Maybe, it could be. Like, perhaps they usually walk on two legs, but can run on four legs for speed?
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zitface » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Zenstar wrote:Maybe, it could be. Like, perhaps they usually walk on two legs, but can run on four legs for speed?

Oh, no, they always walk on two legs. They run that way, too!-

General Overview:
Bipedal. They NEVER walk on all fours, ever.

There's sketches of the traditional "BACK OFF" defensive posture and one running in my RL sketchbook that I did in World History. They keep their front legs folded mantis-style when they run, too. They also keep their upper arms folded up as well.
They're not the most efficient race, but seeing as they're around eight feet tall and can bash in any enemy or prey's face with hooves without having to go into an unnatural position, I'd say that's alright.
Zitface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kisawolfz » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:11 am

I did a color in :D
"Daisey Me Rollin' " ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ