Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Veslery's - Open by Gypaetus Barbatus

Artist Gypaetus Barbatus [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Veslery's - Open

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:50 am

Veslery's

Veslery's are a species of lizard/dragon creatures that can practically live anywhere. They can live up high in the cold mountains, snowy areas, rainforests and deserts. Anywhere. But for each region they have different kind of colours. For deserts, for example, they can be sandy coloured or a light brown colour. And for rainforests they might have very bright colours. This species is blind, they have no eyes and long tails, and they have semi claws. They are not actual claws but Veslery's use them to hunt anyways. They are often pretty swift, though some prefer the slow stalking technique for hunting. They have different personalities, depending on their region, colours and what they've been through or like. They are about as big as a horse, with rare exceptions of smaller or bigger.

Food habits
Veslery's eat all kinds of creatures, depending on where they live. They have different kind of hunting techniques as well, they do and eat whatever they prefer.

Growing up
Veslery's are born from an egg. Two adults will together create an egg out of material they find, and from that material the colour and preferences develop. They hatch from the egg after sixty days. They are raised by both parents, each taking their share in bringing up their young. It takes six months for a Veslery to grow up and learn the basics they need to survive. After those six months they leave their parents to continue developing however they like. They can grow to be about a hundred years old, some mate for life, others choose different partners through out their lives.

Appearance
They basically look all the same qua body, but every region has a specific build depending on temperature, prey and parents. Most common colours come in shades of brown, green, black, yellow, orange or red. White is very rare, never seen before. Shades of blue are little bit uncommon and any other shades are rare. They are covered in a soft skin, as if they have soft fur, but they don't. Some might have scales and others might have a mix. Wings are pretty rare, though most of the time occur in the high mountains. Some also live under water, they are very rare.

How to adopt
To adopt one, you must follow a few basic rules. You can look through the created drawings/versions just beneath the picture to see if one is available for adoption.
First of all, these creatures bond for life. So if you decide to give it back to me, they'll die.
Once bonded, they will follow you anywhere you go. If you get hurt, they will feel it. They are very protective and are willing to give their live for you.
No, you are not allowed to mate them with a partner to create new ones.
Also, if you hurt them, they'll either kill themselves or kill you/die as well.
name's alec. legally an adult and thus paying bills. they/them or he/him pronouns have my preference.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Veslery's - Open

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:12 am

Thank you :)
name's alec. legally an adult and thus paying bills. they/them or he/him pronouns have my preference.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheTinDog » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:42 am

:thumbup:
TheTinDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:46 am

Bump.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me