Artist Roonie-Roe [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Dachshund - #31 - Adopted

Postby Roonie-Roe » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:15 pm

What Is Serenity Shelter?
    Serenity is a dog rescue. We rescue dogs of all kinds and rehabilitate them to be able to be adopted. Not all dogs have a nice past, such as just being given up to the shelter because their owners couldn't afford to care for them. Some are abandoned. Some were left for dead. But each one is special, and each one is full of love and ready to share it. We give the dogs the best care we can provide, but nothing beats a home that they can call their own. So are you ready to adopt?

Here's a piebald blue and tan merle/dapple dachshund with odd colored eyes. I think I may have had a bit too much fun with this one and gone a bit overboard with the spots. xD
And the timer is definitely not accurate, lol.

-This handsome little fella was surrendered by his owners who were moving out of the country and weren't able to take him with them for various reasons. He's still quite young, about 3-4 years old, and has a very out-going personality and loves to play and run around. He's fully trained, very affectionate, and would make an ideal family dog or close companion for just about anyone.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Short Story:[/b]
[b]Extras:[/b]

To win him tell me a short story about him and/or his adoption by you. There's no limit on the number of words you can use but the shorter the better (no novels please, lol). You may also add extras such as artwork, a poem, a theme song, etc. if you wish (limit is 3 extras). Prettying up your form is also acceptable. Basically, just impress me. c:

End Date: February, 1st

Won by ~Arrow~! Congrats! :)
Last edited by Roonie-Roe on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.~:{}:~.

ImageImageImage

Adult | She/Her, They/Them | Pansexual
Pet/Item Hoarder | Artist
ImageImage Image
[My CS Hoards] [Toyhouse]
[Dragon Cave] [Flight Rising] [Furry Paws]

ImageImageImage
Roonie-Roe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dachshund - #31

Postby Novi » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Reserved with the name Baldwin. Cx
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AustrianAce » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:07 pm

Username: Austriagirl
Name: Principle, aka Prince
Short Story: WIP
Extras:
WIP

Thank you for doing my suggestion! <3
AustrianAce | She/her | Aspiring Veterinarian | Alpine Aces Kennels
ImageImage

AustrianAce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wandzie. » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:11 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Username: Hi! I'm ~Wanda~, but please, call me Wanda! I'm very new to Serenity Shelter, I've seen it but NEVER tried out for a dog, cause I wasn't very good at that stuff... But I just fell in love with this boy, I nearly died!

Name: Well, I decided to name this handsome boy Caspian. I think it suits him.... Sometimes I call him Prince Caspian in my head because he looks like one XD Shhhhhh c; I also call him Casper... For short!

Gender: This little boy is a male.... I have said boy or whatever so many times I hope its obvious XD Ha ha.

Short Story: I was going out for a walk, to my favourite spot for my picnic! Yes, I was all alone, lonely me... But I like peace and quiet. I had a wonderful time. As I was walking home, I passed Serenity Shelter! I've passed it before, but never had a look. I concedered getting a dog, I lived on my own and it would be fun, right? But then I had second thoughts, what if the dog is badly behaved, or something happens and I can't keep it? I would make it sad, and lonely...... Like me! I walked in bravely, I was alone and needed company, a dog is for life. As I walked through the doors, there was barking, but there was Caspian. Sitting quietly, proudly, not that bothered he had been abandoned. I fell in love as soon as our eyes met, with different eye colours, beautiful coat, I couldn't resist! I walked up to him and stroked his beautiful fur. He smiled up at me and I giggled, h could smile! I read his name plaque on the side of his cage. CASPIAN was written in capitals. Someone who worked in the shelter walked passed. "Hi! Do you need anything?" She asked politely.
"Actually, yes, I'd like to adopt Caspian please!!"
Hello there you amazing person c:
My DAArt ShopHuggle meCrushTag
Hello there! I'm Wanda, a teen girl on CS who loves to draw, chat, play sports, read, and is a complete music dork. I'm quite shy so please keep that in mind when chatting to me, but feel free to ask me questions! It helps to talk. I no longer draw on CS, but my DA is filled with my art from an app on my iPad. Anyway, that's it! I hope you have an amazing because you deserve it and I love you c:
My KiamarasMy Plumerians
wandzie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roonie-Roe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:15 pm

Bump~ c:

ImageImageImage

Adult | She/Her, They/Them | Pansexual
Pet/Item Hoarder | Artist
ImageImage Image
[My CS Hoards] [Toyhouse]
[Dragon Cave] [Flight Rising] [Furry Paws]

ImageImageImage
Roonie-Roe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aniki » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:11 am

Username:
    Aniki

Name:
    Sarge

Short Story:
    It was time for me to get a new dog. Duke, my Dachshund had passed away about four months ago and it was just time to bring a new life into my home. Wanting to give a dog a second chance I went to the nearby shelter. There were rows of kennels; so many cute dogs greeted me as I walked up and down. Growing up I had Dachshunds, so I always felt such a strong connection to the breed. I stopped at a kennel that was marked as “male, 3yrs, Dachshund”.
    I opened the kennel door and stepped inside. A dapple head popped up from under a blanket and my brown eyes met one blue and one brown eyes. I reached out my hand to let the young dog sniff, but he crawled into my lap without a second thought.
    “This one,” I told the worker of the shelter. “I’ll take this one.”

Extras:
    The first night Sarge and I shared together was spent with him sniffing around the house and trotting over to where I was sitting as if making sure I was still there. After he sniffed my small townhouse at least a half dozen times, he settled himself in my lap with a happy sigh. Picking him up, being careful of his long back, I carried him to his bed at the foot of mine. I placed him gently down and covered him with his blanket. It didn't take long for his soft snores to start.
    "Goodnight Sarge," I whisper softly to him before kissing the tip of his nose. "Welcome to your new forever home."
Aniki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Justin

Postby ~Arrow~ » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Username:
Hello there! My username is ~Arrow~ but your welcome to call me Arrow, Spirit, or Husky :D What I love about this boy is he is just so darn cute! I never seen a dash hound look so good before!
Name:
Well I took me a while to decide but I decided I would name this handsome by Justin. Justin is Latin and means an upright, moral man. This boy dog delights in doing good. I thought his name would be perfect because Justin seems to be the type of guy who is completely honest, and upright means honest!
Short Story: I had been meaning to get a lovely new friend for my Huskie, Scribble. She was my main dog (fursona technically) but she needed someone who was kind, loyal and liked her and her master. So I set of to the Serenity Shelter, in hope of finding just that type of dog! As I walked into the shelter tons of barking, happy dogs greeted me! I decided I would go to the ones that had been in the shelter the longest and start with them . I stroked all of there heads as they licked me cheerfully but I soon was passing each dog, but none of them felt like just the right one to bring home. Soon I was at one of the newest dogs. A little dash hound was poking it's nose out at me and I knew instantly he was the one! Soon I bought the little doggy and brought him home to see his new friend. He didn't seem nervous at all as I put him down on the floor next to the much bigger Huskie. The barked at each for a while and sniffed but finally Scribble gave Justin a big slobbery kiss. Justin shly licked her nose as she crouched down next to him. Scribble wagged her tail at me and knew I had picked the right one :D
Extras:
I found a very cute song, and this is what I'm thinking when I saw him :D It's called how much is that doggie in the window? It's a oldie song but I think it's really cute :D His official theme song is La Da Dee and it's by cody Simpson. Kind of when he see's scribble :D

Last edited by ~Arrow~ on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:07 am, edited 10 times in total.
~Arrow~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cookieslasher » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 pm

buuuuump
Looking for trades ^.^

cookieslasher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wandzie. » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:31 pm

Finished my form last weekend incase anyone needs to know XD! But I have decided to add for art cause I love him <3

Mini bump for you too c;
Hello there you amazing person c:
My DAArt ShopHuggle meCrushTag
Hello there! I'm Wanda, a teen girl on CS who loves to draw, chat, play sports, read, and is a complete music dork. I'm quite shy so please keep that in mind when chatting to me, but feel free to ask me questions! It helps to talk. I no longer draw on CS, but my DA is filled with my art from an app on my iPad. Anyway, that's it! I hope you have an amazing because you deserve it and I love you c:
My KiamarasMy Plumerians
wandzie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tea! » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Username;;
Hi! my name is tea! I have been stalking
Serenity Shelter for a while now and
when I saw this boy, I had to try out for him!

Name;;
I would name this handsome boy Chance.
When I was thinking about a name
for him, Chance was the first name I picked
and it just sounded perfect!

Gender;;
Chance is of course a male.

Story;;
I smiled as I looked up at a sign reading "Serenity Shelter".
Today was the day! I would adopt my best friend. I pushed
open the door and glanced around catching sight of the door
that read "dogs". I quickly walked over to the door and opened it.
As I walked through the rows of kennels I saw and adorable Australian
shepherd. I watched it dance around its kennel, but this pup just
wasn't the one. I continued down the hall and stopped as I heard a small
bark. I looked down, a small dauchshund pawed at my pants, it must have
escaped from its kennel. I picked the little merle cutie up and walked over to
a worker, "excuse me, but I think this little one escaped." I told her, handing
over the dachshund who suddenly whimpered. "oh! Thanks!" The worker replied
as she turned and started to walk away. I looked back at the dauchshund and
smiled, 'he is the one!' I realized! He was the one who would be my new
best friend! I quickly ran after the worker and tapped her shoulder, "wait!
I would like to adopt him!" I said with a smile. thirty minutes later I was walking
home with my new best friend. I looked into his eyes nd smiled, "ill name you
Chance!"

Art;;

Personality;;
Last edited by tea! on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.

art above by fiskko @ da

tea!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me