Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Cinquillo Adopts by aurora & bloom

Based on Click to view
Artist aurora & bloom [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
65 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Cinquillo Adopts

Postby aurora & bloom » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:20 am

Welcome to Cinquillo adopts!

{ Sin-quill-o }

Thread Index

Navigate with these links!

- - - - - - - - - -

✚ Welcome Page
Species Information
Statistics
Events
Experience Database
Breeding
Archive
FAQ
Affiliates & Support
Founder;; winter.fireflii
Co-Owners;; Sadbloom + ouji★hime

- - - - - - - - - -

Artists;; winter.fireflii

Moderators;; --

Archivist;; Sadbloom

- - - - - - - - - -

Guest Artists;; --
Guest Judges;; --
What is a Cinquillo?

Cinquillos are a unique species which bare the resemblance of a cross between a standard canine and armadillo girdled lizard. Their behavioral tendencies are similar to a combination of the actions of these two species. They are typically small in size, and range anywhere from the size of a rabbit to a medium-sized domestic dog. Cinquis are social animals and typically live among a large family unit. They are defined by a few unique traits, including the armored scales that line their bodies and the horns that sometimes protrude from their heads. Cinquis are timid creatures, but make loving companions once tamed.

Daily News

Notifications and current events will be
    posted here. There are none as of yet.

If you'd like to sign up for a weekly
    newsletter
    to be informed on open
    adopts for the week, please PM me!
    Rules:
    ➥ Do not claim this species as your own or ask to be part of the staff.
    ➥ If you no longer want your Cinquillo, please notify a staff member.
    ➥ Please do not spam or 'bump' this thread.
    ➥ There is no limit to how many Cinquillos you can own, but please be responsible.
    ➥ Selling, trading, revamping, and stealing is NOT allowed.
Last edited by aurora & bloom on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 12 times in total.
aurora & bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Information

Postby ouji★hime » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Image Image
Image Image
Horn Variations
The Cinquillo retains four common horn variations extending from the cranium, however there's a possibility that they may have a unique set of horns of its own or none at all.

Colour Variations
Relatively natural-coloured, usually in shades of browns and greys, though it’s not uncommon for it to retain unnatural colourings on their coat. Scales may come in a plethora of colours and as well as its mane in order to attract a potential mate. The ones that don’t might use a different method such as decorating themselves with bird feathers, flora accessories, bones and other aesthetic add-ons to prove themselves worthy to other Cinquis; it’s not unusual for brightly-coloured Cinquis to adopt their technique as well.

It remains undetermined as to what possible variations the nocturnal Cinquillo possess.
Last edited by ouji★hime on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ouji★hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Statistics

Postby aurora & bloom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:44 am

General Information:
    alt. plurals » Cinquis, Cinquillos

The Cinquillo are small burrowing specie that were discovered in desert regions of South Africa. Its known for its incredible bite force that can be potentially fatal if not careful and its ability to predict rainfall due to being sensitive to subtle weather changes. The Cinquillo are fairly territorial once it creates its burrow or finding a suitable crevice, and may be problematic for new owners who prefers to have their yard undisturbed. Later studies show that while they do prefer living in warmer climates, they’re able to adapt into any environment.

These creatures are primarily diurnal (active during daytime), however according to local witnesses they've spotted its rare nocturnal counterpart. It has yet to be verified, therefore current information on the nocturnal Cinquillo are insufficient and requires further research before official announcement can be made to the public.

Diet:
    The Cinquillo is an omnivore and primarily feeds on invertebrates, small rodents, cacti, and fruits. With its acute sense of smell its able to locate preys both underground and above the ground.

Social Behaviour & Colour Variations:
    They're extremely sociable creature and use an extensive range of vocal sounds and body languages in its communication much like a domestic dog. Traits including loyalty and its yearning for compassion from its human companions are considered admirable qualities, thus making them unique and popular pets within the circles of pet owners. When threatened it uses intimidation by puffing out its mane to appear menacing, and as well as using its number of its unit.
Last edited by aurora & bloom on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aurora & bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events

Postby ouji★hime » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:48 pm

There's no event running at this time.
Last edited by ouji★hime on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ouji★hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Experience Database

Postby aurora & bloom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:12 pm

At this point, a tally of points will be listed here that owners can accumulate through various opportunities such as events.
    When enough points are earned, they can be handed in as payment for the following services.
    Point Total
    Username ............................... Points
    -- ............................... Points
    Cash In
    To be determined ............................... -- points
Last edited by aurora & bloom on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
aurora & bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding

Postby ouji★hime » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Breeding is not available for the time being.
Currently in a work in progress

Cinquis are monogamous specie and does not necessarily mate for life. Breeding occurs when two Cinquis have reached all requirements, thus they're able to proceed to the next stage: becoming parents! They produce 1-2 pups per litter and must wait an extensive period of time before they're able to breed again, regardless if it's the same or different partner.

Requirements:
      • Both Cinquis have already reached to adulthood
      • If breeding with another owner's Cinquillo, you've received their permission to allow it
      • Your Cinquillo has been together with its partner after 2 months
      • 1 month has passed from previous breeding
      • Not related to each other
Last edited by ouji★hime on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
ouji★hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Archive

Postby aurora & bloom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:14 pm

Adoption Records
    Hi there, are you possibly interested in adopting a Cinquillo? There is a great variety of these little critters for you to choose from in the adoption section! I'm currently watching over a few myself in this small area. The Cinquis you see running about here already have owners, but feel free to take a closer look if you so choose! Some of these little fellows can get quite feisty if you approach too closely to their selected burrows, so I'd advise to keep at a safe distance unless you're the handler. If you're curious as to who owns each Cinquillo, be sure to check the detailed notes we've put up to keep track of each adoption. I'm sure you'll be able to match up each Cinquillo with it's respective owner in no time!

If for some reason you're Cinquillo is becoming too much of a handful and you'd much rather someone else to take care of it, feel free to let one of us staff know! We'll be sure to place it into good hands and update it's registry information. The same circumstances apply in case you've decided to give your new friend an updated name so the records can be properly adjusted. We understand that your first naming choice might not always suit your companion's personality!

Owner >> .............................. >> Cinquillos
L Lawliet >> .............................. >> Makai
Staz >> .............................. >> Pena
EveAngel >> .............................. >> Elizabeth
Last edited by aurora & bloom on Sat May 31, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
aurora & bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby ouji★hime » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:20 pm

This section will be updated once we receive questions that may provide important information for all Cinquillo owners.
Last edited by ouji★hime on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ouji★hime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates & Support

Postby aurora & bloom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:22 pm

Following is our list of affiliates! Please check them out as they're kind enough to support us! ♥

Image Image

Our own affiliation banner and stamps will be up soon!
Last edited by aurora & bloom on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aurora & bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cinquillo Adopts

Postby ouji★hime » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:43 pm

The thread is now open for posting! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
ouji★hime