Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

~Nebulaes~ By Wind Frost and ~Koda~ by Wind Frost

Based on Click to view
Artist Wind Frost [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

~Nebulaes~ By Wind Frost and ~Koda~

Postby Wind Frost » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:22 am

|| Nursery & Breeding | Staff litters | Archives | Roleplay | Gangs ||

Quick note: Thanks you my very dear ~Koda~ for drawing these as a gift<3! and thank you very much to Mangoes <3 who came up with the name!

A Nebulae, or Nebu for short, is a very rare and secretive wolf-like creature that has a wavy, transparent tail and mane. They were created out of a nuclear explosion in a laboratory that created thousands and thousands of them. They floated up into space, and yes, they can also fly, and landed on plant Eectrolite in the Ecto-Plasmic Galaxy, which they now call home. They have star charms on them which can express a little of their personality or talent by using certain arrays of colours or even tiny images. Their tails and manes are made of an extremely rare matter called Plasmic Electrolite, which comes form the planet Electrolite they live on.
They eat star fruit which contains energy that helps them survive in the harsh weather changes in the Ecto-Plasmic Galaxy and to give them general energy for normal things Nebulaes do, and they eat small mammals and sometimes birds or insects, or if they can find any, they will eat Ecto-Tarantulas, which are poisonous, but not to eat. They squirt deadly venom to protect themselves.

OK, guys, so please read these rules and I don't want to set up a ban list, so it's your duty to read these rules and go by them.

General Rules
~You can only own 3 Nebualaes
~Permanent artists may own 5 because of the staff litters
~You can breed once, but only keep one of the two pups (see "Breeding Information") and give the other up for adopting
~No spamming
~Please don't advertise here
~Don't complain
~Respect the staff and others
~Do not take credit for this, ~Koda~ drew the lines, but the post was made by me
~Do not pretend you have a Nebu and enter things you shouldn't; doing stuff like that will ban you from the post
~No stealing other Nebus!
~If you do not win a Nebu, please don't complain to the creator of it
~No whining if you do not get a Nebu
~You may not sell your Nebulae
~If you no longer want it, please make sure you give it a good new home! If you are unsure of who to give it to, ask a mod or myself to re-home it for you
~Do not give away a Nebu without permission of it's creator
~You may gift a Nebu, but only with permission
~Go by the artists's decision if you do not win, you can always try for another Nebu
~Look after your Nebu when you adopt it because they love their owners very much
~Do not give away a Nebu without permission of it's creator
~You may gift a Nebu, but only with permission
~Go by the artists's decision if you do not win, you can always try for another Nebu
~Look after your Nebu when you adopt it because they love their owners very much

Artist/ Guest Artist Rules
~Create uniquely
~All other rules apply
~When an event comes up, please create according to that event
~Guest artists may make 3 Nebus and month
~All other rules apply
~Please do not put hair on a Nebulae
~Line edits ARE allowed
~You can create line edits according to events, for example, you may put antlers on a Nebulae for a Christmas Event

Item Rules
~If requested, you may have items added to your Nebulae
~This MUST suit the design AND the charm (personality or talent)
~NO HAIR ALLOWED
~Owners are allowed to put "costumes" on their Nebulae, but ONLY during an event, and can come with wigs
~Please do NOT ask for line edits to be made on your Nebulae after the designer creates it and after you adopt it
~You CANNOT in any circumstances ask to change the talent OR personality of your Nebulae!
~Please do not overdo the items, and so you cannot have more than 10 items, and costumes that come with wings count as 1 item
~Some items to possibly add are:
•Jumpers
•Scarves
•Leg warmers
•Flowers
•Bows/ribbons
•Piercing (if suitable for the design)
•Hats
•Plush toy companions
•Fur accessories (i.e., clips, flowers, leg accessories etc.)

Newborn: Newborn Lion Cub Size
Pup: Average House Cat Size
Adult: Average Labrador Size
Gang Leader: Average Wolf Size

Packs
Nebulaes live in large "gangs", and the packs work together very well. They make a home somewhere and never leave that home, only in the very rare occasion when they have to. The pups stay with their mothers until they are a year old, then they either stay in the gang, which is more common but live in other dens or leave the pack entirely, which is reasonably rare.
Mating season is between The beginning of May to the beginning of July, so it lasts 2 months. It is quite common for mates to be in the same gangs but they do not mate for life. Often the parents are in different gangs, and if this happens, once the litter of a maximum of two are born, both pups will be taken away by one parent when they are under a day old to that parent's gang. Usually after 1 litter together, the two parents split apart and get a new mate for next year's breeding season. The pups will only know one parent if this occurs.
Each pack has an alpha, the leader, and the leader is always the strongest not necessarily the eldest, of the pack. The leader is always a male, and his female has dominance over all the other females with pups. The beta is always male too, and his female has dominance over all the females with pups except the alpha. The only case where the Nebulaes mate for life is in an alpha or beta pair.

Territories
Nebulaes live anywhere; trees, forests, mountains, caves, beaches, rivers, lakes or with their owner. Nebulaes have territories dividing each gang's rightful spaces. There is one main camp within the territory, that contains large dens for the leaders, the betas, elders, the nursery for mothers pregnant or with pups, apprentices and warriors. Everyone in a gang apart from elders, pups, mothers pregnant or with pups or apprentices are expected to fight if needed, but there can occasionally be fights within gangs. They are mostly friendly to one another, but sometimes if Nebulaes from rivalling gangs cross the border of a territory, there can be a nasty warding off.
Borders of territories are patrolled daily at dawn and dusk with at least three Nebulaes on a patrol at a time. Usually territories are 1 square kilometre big so there is plenty of place for foaming and hunting, and the borders are scent-marked by the Nebulaes on patrol. As Nebulaes are very protective of their territories, if it comes down to a fight over anything, it is the duty of the leaders to decide what should happen, and create a deal that is acceptable for all of the gangs involved.

Charms
Each charm around the neck of a Nebulae is different in colour and meaning, but they are all a star shape. These charms are different for every Nebulae is colour and meaning, and can express personality and/or talent by using certain colours or even a tiny image. At the right moment in it's life, every single pup will get a talent, and this pup is observed very closely by either it's one parent in the gang or it's two parents in the gang and especially the leader's mate. Once the time is right, the pup will have forged for it a special star charm that is given to it during a very unique and never-been-seen-by-humans ceremony, that is meant to only occur at the time the pup was born. The star charm will be presented to the pup by the leader and this charm will never, ever be changed, because in that charm is a destiny that the pup created for itself, and the destiny was not chosen, it was found by the pup, and only the pup.

Other Information
A Nebulae pup is born either on it's own or with one single sibling, and when they are born, their tails and manes are small, but developed, and grow as the pup grows, but the eyes are closed, and open within 12 days.
When trying to court females, males often put on a display of complex movements and dives to impress the female, and they also display their unique talent that can show on their charm, and the start on their back can shine in a stunning array of colours to impress the female and can change in wonderful waving movements, and can sparkle too, but they also have a "reset colour" which is the colour the stars were when the Nebulae was born. Females use their stars to warm their bodies to warm up their pups, and are very effective during Winter, however the males cannot do this.
they also adopt to their surroundings, and can even adopt to be able to breath underwater! Every Nebulae is fantastic swimmer, because within the matter their tails are made of is very good floatation, and their powerful legs allow them to power through the water up to 20mph! They are also fantastic diggers and can create and basic burrow in 10 minutes, and are perfectly capable of climn=bing and living in trees!
They have an odd sound, which is a beautiful, steady howl, which seems to be a very musical sound. They can often snarl, hiss growl and even roar, but usually they make noises like guinea pigs when they are happy or content, and can purr as well, which sound very deep, and can be controlled in noise level.

Well, it's really quite simple! All you have to do is click the image of the Nebulae you want, fill out the form posted on it's page by the artist and just wait and see if you win! Artists may have different forms, so for every Nebulae you try out for, there could be a completely different form!

So far none! Feel free to make some whenever, but PM them to me if you do make them!

~The GRAND OPENING PARTY EVENT will begin very soon! Just as soon as I get some artists and make a mascot and get some Nebulaes adopted, you can fill out a form which I will create once some Nebus have been adopted so you can enter the party raffle! There will be a massive item raffle, and raffle for CS pets, and raffle specified for non-owners or owners and a celebratory party that you can take your Nebu to! It's gonna be GREAT!

OPEN/CLOSED
Code: Select all
[b]I WANT TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT ARTIST!![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Average design of your own:[/b]
[b]Detailed design of you own:[/b]
[b]Why do you think you should be a permanent artist?[/b]
[b]Will you create uniquely?[/b]

OPEN/CLOSED
Code: Select all
[b]I WANT TO APPLY FOR GUEST ARTIST!![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Average design of your own:[/b]
[b]Detailed design of your own:[/b]
[b]Why do you think you should be a guest artist?[/b]
[b]You can only create 3 a month- will you make them all unique?[/b]

Banners and things coming soon!

Boba Tea Pups
PM me to affiliate!
Last edited by Wind Frost on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:59 am, edited 11 times in total.
Tiny Little Boxes wrote:W I N
D F R O S T

My Charden

I iz bored
Shut up millie you're always bored
Imma dig hole and die now XD
IMMA FOLLOW YOOOUUUUU

Wind Frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Nebulaes~ By Wind Frost and lines by ~Koda~

Postby strawbee » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:59 am

I WANT TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT ARTIST!!
Username:
Dap
Average design of your own:
x
x
more examples here
My designs usually vary, I do different kinds of designs most of the time.

Detailed design of your own:
x
My designs don't usually get too complex, because when it comes to entering for the design, and you want to draw it, you want to make it simple and easy. Apart from that, winners can add an accessory or two if anything.

Why do you think you should be a permanent artist?
I guess there's no reason to pick me in general, but I really do like this species. I enjoy stars too, and the way they look.

Will you create uniquely?
Yes, I will c:
gonna be a lil less active w/ working.

♀ fem | aries | USA

comissions are closed
♥ im open to pm and talk.
strawbee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The One & Only Vapor » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:15 am

These are quite a bit like Milky Way Kits. The tail, charm, and stars on their body make them look an awful lot like you have copied Qualeo's species.
Just warning you. c;
hello there! i'm the...

...one & only vapor.

check out my art shop!! [click words or dragon]

they/them pronouns please

nontheist • pro-choice • LGBTQA+ rights • INFJ • feminist
agender • pansexual

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The One & Only Vapor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wind Frost » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:20 am

Oh, sorry, if it looks that way, but I didn't copy them. Sorry if you think that :D
D F R O S T

My Charden

I iz bored
IMMA FOLLOW YOOOUUUUU

Wind Frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wind Frost » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:22 am

dap wrote:I WANT TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT ARTIST!!
Username:
Dap
x
x
more examples here
My designs usually vary, I do different kinds of designs most of the time.

Detailed design of your own:
x
My designs don't usually get too complex, because when it comes to entering for the design, and you want to draw it, you want to make it simple and easy. Apart from that, winners can add an accessory or two if anything.

I guess there's no reason to pick me in general, but I really do like this species. I enjoy stars too, and the way they look.

Yes, I will c:

Accepted! I'll add you :)
D F R O S T

My Charden

I iz bored
IMMA FOLLOW YOOOUUUUU

Wind Frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbee » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:30 am

gonna be a lil less active w/ working.

♀ fem | aries | USA

comissions are closed
♥ im open to pm and talk.
strawbee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wind Frost » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:31 am

No problem!
D F R O S T

My Charden

I iz bored
IMMA FOLLOW YOOOUUUUU

Wind Frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DelightfulMelon » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:08 am

Username:
*Watermelon Love*
Detailed design of you own:
Well, I got a feeling (Song Starts.. xD) That these adopts are going to be a sucess, that these adopts are going to a sucessss! OOOOO OOO! (Song ends xD) Well, I do think I can be a responsible artist and I love the species! I mean who wouldn't? I already am an artist for KaffeneKittens too!
of course, I swear I won't copy ANYONES designs.

DA - Characters
PM me for commission info

Credit to all creators of art in my signature

DelightfulMelon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wind Frost » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:11 am

*Watermelon Love* wrote:I WANT TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT ARTIST!!
Username:
*Watermelon Love*
Detailed design of you own:
Well, I got a feeling (Song Starts.. xD) That these adopts are going to be a sucess, that these adopts are going to a sucessss! OOOOO OOO! (Song ends xD) Well, I do think I can be a responsible artist and I love the species! I mean who wouldn't? I already am an artist for KaffeneKittens too!
of course, I swear I won't copy ANYONES designs.

Accepted <3! And thank you! It's always helpful to have an artist with experience!
D F R O S T

My Charden

I iz bored
IMMA FOLLOW YOOOUUUUU

Wind Frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beauty thief. » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:18 am

Username: Luvkitty, but feel free to call me Kat.
Average design of your own: x and x
Detailed design of you own: x
Why do you think you should be a permanent artist? I got a brand new tablet and I'm looking to put it to use. I also haven't been a artist for many very active adopts, so this will be great.
Will you create uniquely? Of course.
Other: All my designs will be better, all the designs above where before I had a tablet.

my name...
is beauty thief!

kennedy
Image Image

hi there! my name is kennedy. i'm a pan girl who enjoys cute anime girls. im into a lot of stuff, but the big things i'm into at the moment are persona 4, persona 5, love live, idolmaster, bang dream, kid icarus, pretty cure, fire emblem, pokemon, fullmetal alchemist, ensemble stars, vocaloid, haikyuu, as well as general j-fashion. i do have some more minor interests that i still enjoy roleplaying, like warrior cats (but i don't actively follow the books anymore). i like to draw and write, and i'm currently working on a multimedia project titled extermination reality. i'm coming back to cs from a break because i want to get into roleplaying again to flex my writing skills. generally i like to think i'm a relatively chill person, so please don't be afraid to approach me if you need to talk about something. i hope if we interact that you can enjoy yourself!

beauty thief.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me