Miss Snowfluff(Brindle Champagne Fewspot) by Lilian Nightshade

Based on Click to view
Artist Lilian Nightshade [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
33 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Miss Snowfluff(Brindle Champagne Fewspot)

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:37 am

She was meant to be released on Christmas, but then we decided that it'd be better for her to be posted as New Years special nukitta XD. This marcher doe, nicknamed Snowfluff by us for the sake of fun, was born much fluffier than normal. It's believed to be a fur mutation somehow triggered by the same genes that cause the marcher bulky built, however, this trait can't be passed down to her nuglets if bred.

In order to try for her, you'll have to give her a name related to snow and also write a short story for her(1000 words at most). I'll decide on a due date once I think there are enough entries. Also, the picture has no shading for now so the mottled skin and the spots on her coat can be better seen, but I can add shading in the end if requested.

Anberlin wrote:oh man oh man if this is still open then consider this a giant wip she gives me ideeeaaaas <3

Username: Anberlin
Name(must be related to snow): Nieve; A Spanish name meaning 'snow' or 'to snow'.
Type: Marcher
Height: 1,4 m
Story:
It was early, and it was dark. Nothing moved beyond the veil of settling snowflakes as they twisted in the breath of a morning breeze, steady and silent; nothing existed outside of her world, her quiet and gray world. Like a ghost, or perhaps a sigh of wind through the snow, she moved in the gentle cold; always forward, without hesitation, without sound. Small snowflakes settled in her long eyelashes and the delicate hairs in her ears, and there they froze. Little drifts caught between her shoulders and down her back, slipping down her withers and buttock when too much had gathered. Her mane was dripping with icicles, and her nostrils flared with each steady puff of white, misty breath. She didn’t notice the cold, however, and probably never would.

There wasn’t time for pause. She wasn’t traveling the night to sight-see, after all, and so she trotted onward, the semi-frozen plate of ice just above the snow cracking and giving way below her hooves. The only sound to be heard was that of the gentle, echo-less crunching; any other noise she made was swallowed by the grey. Weak moonlight was trying to break the silence, a shift in the swath of night giving unwilling way to a watery white gloss; she lifted her knees higher, puffed a little harder, moved a little faster to avoid that light as though it would cause her harm to be seen with a shadow beneath her. The icicles amongst her fur clacked against one another loudly in her haste and the snow powdered from her back like a cape of sorts, but she gave neither distraction even a sliver of her attention. She couldn’t afford to, not with the desire to flee so prominent in her thoughts.

The wind was picking up, the snow had stopped, and the air was growing thinner. She was moving higher up the mountain, and now when her hooves broke through snow they were hitting the exposed rock face underneath. Ahead of her were the winding cliffs of the mountain, their shadows a slightly lighter black against its heaving sides - her goal, yes, but there were so few trees. She would have to move carefully, and stay where it was darkest. The snow could not hide her, not now, and turning her head to hazard a glance over her shoulder, she was dismayed to see a small light nestled at the foot of the mountain. It was weak, but still quite noticeable in the otherwise uniform blackness of night, now visible to her without the snow to stifle its ruddy face. Worse yet, it was far closer than she had hoped it would be. Her breath hitched, and she shuddered; hadn’t she left it behind in the miles she‘d already marched? Steam was beginning to hiss along her back and neck, but still she pressed onward, hating the light and wishing the snow would again smother it from view.

The slope was now rocky and steep, but she was sure-footed and could not be foundered by terrain alone; no amount of snow or ice would stop her from fleeing the place she had once called home. She broke the snow along the edge of a cliff as a blast of icy wind from below pushed the ice from her eyelashes, her hooves coming to rest at what was quite the intimidating precipice. Spread out for her to survey now was a view of what could have been the entire world at the bottom of the mountain - what had been her entire world since birth - and from that spot she could see the Moon as it burst through the winter night. Bright arrows of silver light pierced the sky and flooded the snow-choked valley below, ignorant of the clouds and the snow and the flurries; her valley, her beloved home, now showing the telltale marks of human invasion. She was both furious and frightened, and could smell the scent of her own kind being carried on the wind along with that of fire and metal.

She lowered her eyes and sighed, the fog of her breath catching in her beard. They may have been compliant to the hands of humans, allowing themselves to be tamed when their only other option was to brave the deep-winter mountains. They would not have made it on the cliffs, most likely, but she could. She could resist the bit and bridle, if she was willing to pitch her thick coat against an angry winter. She was big, and she was strong; her coat was thick, and her will was solid. It hurt her to leave her home and her herd, but she had to.

She turned from the cliffside and, without a second glance, continued on her way.
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Miss Snowfluff(Brindle Champagne Fewspot)

Postby rottenmutt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:33 pm

May art be added?c:

[center]Username:
S y k e s

Name(must be related to snow):
Mentlana
It means "Pink snow."
I named her this due to her light pinkish spots on her.c:

Type:
Marcher

Height:
1,4 m

Story:

She lived near some snowy mountains when she was younger. The small valley her herd lived in was always covered in snow. One days she was playing, and didn't know her herd left to take shelter from the coming blizzard. Panicking she an around for anybody in he herd. She looked for her daddy. He was all she had, her mother died when she was younger, and now he left her. She collapsed, in fear and horror. She raced through the snow, and found her self in a new home and area. Where it wasn't as snow and a little warmer. She grew up there. She was fluffier, and much lighter color then all her
Last edited by rottenmutt on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
rottenmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby obiole » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:22 am

Username:
Name(must be related to snow):
Story:

big ol' wippity wip<3
obiole

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noreptiles_ » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:24 am

Username:
K~Dog

Name:
Kōsetsu
降雪
(Means Snowfall in Jappanese)

Type:
Marcher

Height:
1,4 m

Story:
She blinked her eyes, rearing in alarm. The black fog surrounded her and consumed her... Kōsetsu's eyes flashed open and she snorted. A light snow was falling around her, in a comforting way. She sighed deeply and twitched her tail in annoyance. That was the third time that she dreamed the same dream. "I wonder what it means?" She thought in her head and it started to throb from thinking to deeply. Kōsetsu slowly stood up and stretched, and gave a big yawn and nickered in surprise when the snowflake landed on her pink tongue. Shaking herself to rid of the cold flaky rain, Kōsetsu trotted off into a forest to find some grass to munch on.
During her journey, the snow slowed and ceased to fall. Eyes blinked and the world was a snow forest and she gave a little buck, and started to trot faster. Her parched throat was soar from the cold snow that she kept on eating, and then something growled, her stomach. She galloped quickly and started to slide across a slippery surface. Kōsetsu's hooves scrambled to keep her balance and didn't see the tree she was about to run into. CRASH! She collapsed onto the icy surface and laid her head down to sleep…
Running water, why do I hear running water? Kōsetsu groaned and rolled over right into a steam pool. She flashed her legs and then stood. The water reached about to her shoulder and she nickered. There were little lily flowers, and grass bordered the pond. GRASS!! She scrambled ashore and started to nibble on the fresh green grass. Kōsetsu sighed in content, she was in paradise. A paradise during the day, the bottom of hell at night.
The moon did not show it's face that night, but Kōsetsu was to tired to care. She galloped around in the grass for hours and was ready for sleep. But, then the shadows appeared. Hanging off of trees, and curling above her snow covered head. She snorted and reared and tried to run away, and tripped. She tumbled head over heels and ran back into the tree. She lifted her head, desperate to escape and sighed deeply, coldness sweeping over her…
Opening her eyes yet again, Kōsetsu veiwed her surroundings. White snow covered everything and she saw her mum and da. Standing on shaky legs, she raced towards them to notice they were not there, a mirage. She whinnied, alone and trotted over to the tree and laid down under it. At peace at last.

I hope this wasn't to long... Word Count: Somewhere in the 400's like 418.
Last edited by noreptiles_ on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

[⌦] THE
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
don't remove
Hᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏʀᴇ,
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ .Lᴏɴᴇ Wᴏʟғ.

don't remove
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
S THE MASTER
▬ // OF HIS \\ ▬

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

ImageImage
noreptiles_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stabbrielle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:34 am

Username: -- b e n j i
Name(must be related to snow): Chilaili meaning snow bird in a Natuve American language
Story:
stabbrielle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~north~ » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:27 am

Withdrawing. She's a lovely Nukitta, but I don't really connect with her so much as I did. Good luck to everybody else, though!
Last edited by ~north~ on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Lichter sehen.--
WME Challenge
My DAMs:
Fugitive | Belenus | Zareen
My Pseudodragon, Sparrow
My Nukitta, Peregrine

I used to be Trou, please do not steal this as I may go back! Thank you!
~north~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trompy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:00 am

ERMAGURD WIP
"Be loyal to what matters." ~Arthur Morgan

About Me
He/They
Transmasc
ADHD/Autistic
Always ISO more Warrior Cats! Trade me <3

ImageImageImage
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nuclear_Angel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:06 am

Username: ~Nuclear_Angel~
Name(must be related to snow): Frosted Skys Over The Raining Havens (Frost)
Story:
From day one Frost has been fluffier then her pears. But she hasn't let her difference faze her. She made friends easily. Her closest friend though happen to be from a different species. It only gets a white thick fur durning winter and resembles something of a snowshoe hare on planet Earth.

This bond formed during winter long ago when most other nuglets stayed close to their parents to keep warm. Frost's friends were more concerned about keeping warm then going off playing or exploring. Frost on the other hand was more suitable to cold weather thanks to her thick fluffy coat and it allowed for her to explore. She was prancing along through the snow when the snow moved in front of her. She gave a snort and stopped lowering her head for a closer look. She found that it wasn't snow, but instead some sort of Hare.

The Hare wiggled it's noise as it's big dark round eyes looked at her and moved closer to Frost. It sat back on it's back feet and place it's front fluffy paws on Frost's face trying to get a better sent of her. The hare wasn't afraid of her. The two played, explored, and rested with each other. From that day they were inseparable.
I do not claim any of this artwork.

ImageWe live, die, and like the grass and trees, Image
renew ourselves from the soft earth of the grave.

Nuclear_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anberlin » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:48 am

oh man oh man if this is still open then consider this a giant wip she gives me ideeeaaaas <3

Username: Anberlin
Name(must be related to snow): Nieve; A Spanish name meaning 'snow' or 'to snow'.
Story:
It was early, and it was dark. Nothing moved beyond the veil of settling snowflakes as they twisted in the breath of a morning breeze, steady and silent; nothing existed outside of her world, her quiet and gray world. Like a ghost, or perhaps a sigh of wind through the snow, she moved in the gentle cold; always forward, without hesitation, without sound. Small snowflakes settled in her long eyelashes and the delicate hairs in her ears, and there they froze. Little drifts caught between her shoulders and down her back, slipping down her withers and buttock when too much had gathered. Her mane was dripping with icicles, and her nostrils flared with each steady puff of white, misty breath. She didn’t notice the cold, however, and probably never would.

There wasn’t time for pause. She wasn’t traveling the night to sight-see, after all, and so she trotted onward, the semi-frozen plate of ice just above the snow cracking and giving way below her hooves. The only sound to be heard was that of the gentle, echo-less crunching; any other noise she made was swallowed by the grey. Weak moonlight was trying to break the silence, a shift in the swath of night giving unwilling way to a watery white gloss; she lifted her knees higher, puffed a little harder, moved a little faster to avoid that light as though it would cause her harm to be seen with a shadow beneath her. The icicles amongst her fur clacked against one another loudly in her haste and the snow powdered from her back like a cape of sorts, but she gave neither distraction even a sliver of her attention. She couldn’t afford to, not with the desire to flee so prominent in her thoughts.

The wind was picking up, the snow had stopped, and the air was growing thinner. She was moving higher up the mountain, and now when her hooves broke through snow they were hitting the exposed rock face underneath. Ahead of her were the winding cliffs of the mountain, their shadows a slightly lighter black against its heaving sides - her goal, yes, but there were so few trees. She would have to move carefully, and stay where it was darkest. The snow could not hide her, not now, and turning her head to hazard a glance over her shoulder, she was dismayed to see a small light nestled at the foot of the mountain. It was weak, but still quite noticeable in the otherwise uniform blackness of night, now visible to her without the snow to stifle its ruddy face. Worse yet, it was far closer than she had hoped it would be. Her breath hitched, and she shuddered; hadn’t she left it behind in the miles she‘d already marched? Steam was beginning to hiss along her back and neck, but still she pressed onward, hating the light and wishing the snow would again smother it from view.

The slope was now rocky and steep, but she was sure-footed and could not be foundered by terrain alone; no amount of snow or ice would stop her from fleeing the place she had once called home. She broke the snow along the edge of a cliff as a blast of icy wind from below pushed the ice from her eyelashes, her hooves coming to rest at what was quite the intimidating precipice. Spread out for her to survey now was a view of what could have been the entire world at the bottom of the mountain - what had been her entire world since birth - and from that spot she could see the Moon as it burst through the winter night. Bright arrows of silver light pierced the sky and flooded the snow-choked valley below, ignorant of the clouds and the snow and the flurries; her valley, her beloved home, now showing the telltale marks of human invasion. She was both furious and frightened, and could smell the scent of her own kind being carried on the wind along with that of fire and metal.

She lowered her eyes and sighed, the fog of her breath catching in her beard. They may have been compliant to the hands of humans, allowing themselves to be tamed when their only other option was to brave the deep-winter mountains. They would not have made it on the cliffs, most likely, but she could. She could resist the bit and bridle, if she was willing to pitch her thick coat against an angry winter. She was big, and she was strong; her coat was thick, and her will was solid. It hurt her to leave her home and her herd, but she had to.

She turned from the cliffside and, without a second glance, continued on her way.
Last edited by Anberlin on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~I GOT ME A B O U N C Y FEELING~

My Pets wrote:[Nukitta] - - [JBDs] - - [Newtons] - - [A.H.C.]

Click on Kirra over there to be taken to the Newton Adopts page! Go on - you know you want to ;D Some Newtons that are available for adoption are:

Glow Stone Newton <3
Valentine's Orchid Newton <3
Valentine Charm Newton <3

Always, always, real life comes first!
Anberlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragons whisper » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:29 am

this one is so pretty! I might try out ;.=.;
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me