Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reptilian- "Raptor" CLOSED by MalleusGrey

Based on Click to view
Artist MalleusGrey [gallery]
Time spent 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Reptilian- "Raptor" CLOSED

Postby MalleusGrey » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:30 am

Ending date: 20th of December

To win this species, you need to fill out the form below. I will judge the form with the most effort put into it on the 20th.

Code: Select all
Username:
Species Name:
Species History:
Other Information:
Art:

SPECIES

Type two is a species adopt. These will be a lot more complex to adopt as apposed to the character adopts, and I will be looking for the species' background and all information about them. It will need to be interesting, unique and well thought out. Show me that you know what to do with the species. Below are the rules concerning the species adopts, should you win one.

You may not;
Give away the species
Sell the species
Use the species for profit (free adopts only)
Use the species offsite (without my permission, PM me for more information)
Discredit me
Claim the original species art as your own
Change what the species was intended for when adopted out

You may;
Make minor edits to the design (with my consent)
Change anything you want about the specie's information
Add accessories
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔══════════════╗
@malleushyde on instagram
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Commissions Are Closed
ImageImage

Bequelle's Liontails

-
Brave New World
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Reptilian- "Raptor" SPECIES ADOPT OPEN

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:31 am

Quick question, what is the purpose of the art and may we have it ordered?

Username:
.kismesis.

Species Name:
So far I'm between "Firi Ọkan" which means "Angered One" in Yoruba and "
Izlenemez" which means "Untraceable" in Turkish.

Species History:
The Reptiles (as I will call them until I can figure out which name I prefer) are a very small sub-species of reptilian descent that hail from a small dead planet who's name is unknown but has been deemed "Umuligt" meaning "Impossible" in Danish. These small reptiles once thrived on the planet's dry surface where their size and build allowed them to easily out pace any animal which was helpful in both the hunt and the flee. A hundred years ago though Umuligt's atmosphere collapsed. Without an atmosphere to protect it the life on the planet shriveled up and died ... all except the Reptiles. These animals' sharp and durable claws allowed them to penetrate the rough clay ground and dig tunnels for them to live in. This however was only a temporary fix as without the atmosphere to keep the oxygen in they slowly began to not only starve but suffocate as well. Luckily for these dieing reptiles humans had just recently launched a space expedition to this strange planet. Armed with space suits and oxygen masks the few astronauts that ventured to Umuligt quickly found the tunnels they had dug, one of the men falling through the thin layer of a roof and falling to hid death for the discovery. Having no food for several days, the oxygen level almost non-exsistant, and the constant blistering heat of the sun the Reptiles were weak and demoralized and had no energy to try and fight off the humans as they gathered 18 specimens from a small colony and loaded them into a tightly sealed section of the space craft and began their journey home.

Scientists in a Texas compound worked furiously to build a replica of the surface of Umuligt; even taking painstaking measures to get the texture right and build stable tunnels for them to live in. Surprisingly when the rescued Reptiles were released into this new enclosure they quickly made it their own. Several years after discovery Reptiles are thriving in their imitation habitat, though no one has attempted demestication.

Other Information:
All the following information is just rough basics that will be elaborated on and detailed in the future.
Size: Reptiles are roughly about the size of humans, ranging from 4 to 7 feet tall at the crest of their head.
Colorings: These creatures are for the most part naturally colored with only their eyes being colors deviating from normal pigments. It is very rare to find a Reptile with unnatural colors on their skin.
Groups: Reptiles live in small groups called "Secreems" that contain numbers ranging from 3 to 15. These groups are organized by the males but females are respected greater and protected at all costs.
Breeding: Unlike most reptilian species these creatures do mate for life. The female stays in gestation gore around 10 months before laying a clutch of about 8-15 eggs, of which an average of 1-3 actually hatch.

Art:
WIP
Last edited by ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ toyhouse ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶
my uncomfortable habits <3
[🐰] [🐭] [🌹]
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oMallieKat » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Username:
--star--
Species Name:
This is what is called a Raptorius Ceradium. Winged Raptors for short.
Species History:
It was the year 1329 on the planet Saluki and a meteorite was coming in hot and fast. When it hit the hard mountaintops, it shook the earth and flames where everywhere. The Humaniods were screaming in a terror and rampaging, nervous about what would come next. There were small organisms aboard that hunk of space metal and they evolved. They evolved and evolved until the were the size of a house cat. As time went on, they grew even more, up to the size of a large Linx. The WR rampaged the villages and other species. The humanoids fought back and pushed them back up towards the mountains, that is where they now live.
Where the live:
The Raptors once thrived on the planet Saluki but other creatures killed them so they searched for refuge elsewhere, the Humanoid's villages.The Humanoid creatures chased them away from their villages and up into the ice cold mountains. They have evolved tougher skin and more bulk.
Physical appearances:
These creatures are smaller than they appear, they are about the size of a Linx. The males have more spikes and longer teeth. The females have feathers among their fur. Their sharp talons are used for digging through the cold hard ground for prey. Their roar can be heard miles away and pierce the sky with their loud shrieks. They are usually natural colors and albinos are rare, but not as rare as an unnatural colored one. They baby Raptors are called Raptoids and stay with their herd if they are female. If male, they stay until they are full grown and go off to create a new herd
How they live:
WR (winged raptors) Live in small groups called a clan ranging form 6 to 12 WR. They fight for the chief and if the chief dies in battle, the winner is the new chief. These animals are omnivores, eating what they can, plants or meat. They are not however cannibals, that is just wrong for anything.
(This is just a rough draft)
Other Information:
I will credit you anywhere I can and won't take the credit myself. I love your artwork! If I got this species, I would make a role play, fan club, archive and have an artist competition. I would also have rules that would apply.
Art:
here is what I have so far...viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2113233
Last edited by oMallieKat on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Profile art by dragons whisper
oMallieKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby intristin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:30 am

Username: intristin
Species Name: Raptorian Zinys
Species History: They are descended from dragons and dinosaurs together. When their ancestors became extinct, they began to thrive. They moved into swamp/mountain areas and began to get bigger and bigger. They developed new looks and stats, such as speed, armor, fighting ability, and more.
Other Information: -
Art: ?
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▓▓▓▓ ♔ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
┌──┐
└──┘
┌──┐
└──┘
███████
██▒▒▒██
██▒▒▒██
███████
x
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▒▒▒
███
███
███
███
𝐾𝑁𝑂𝑊! 𝐾𝑁𝑂𝑊! 𝐾𝑁𝑂𝑊!
███████
█▒▒▒█
███████
x
Image Image
┌────────┐

adult.
writer & artist
-
feel free to
pm if you
need anything
c:
-
coding credit

└────────┘
x
▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓

𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯
𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯
𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯

──────┘
▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓
── 𝐼𝑀𝐴𝐺𝐼𝑁𝐴𝑇𝐼𝑂𝑁! ─ ───
intristin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yuketsu » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:38 pm

Username:Thistlestar
Species Name: Z. Raptor - Experiment 401 Error
Species History:
Z. Raptors, or once known as Experiment 401 were originally created in a lab for an experiment. After years of mixing and splitting genes, a monster was born out of a test tube. They lived in capsules and the scientists studied them, day after day. They were a success, something mankind has never achieved before - creating dinosaurs and bringing them to life by DNA and genes.These dinosaurs were made to be tame and calm but one day, there was a lab error. Someone had put too much of a chemical called Zelox Alfadid, thus making them wild and powerful, . Z. Raptors broke out of their capsules and ravaged towns after towns. They became known as Z. Raptors, after Zelox Alfadid.
Other Information:
Z. Raptors are about the size of a mountain lion, living in groups called Raves. Each Rave has a alpha leader, which they will fight for that title. A Rave varies from 5 Z. Raptors - as many as 30 Z. Raptors.

They have a tuft of hair on their head and tail as well as strong powerful wing, flying up to 200 MPH for hours without stopping. The longer their tuft of hair is, the older they are, similar to lions. When it comes to running, they are equally as skilled. They can run up to around 50 MPH for long periods of time.

They are carnivores, though only devouring small mammals and rodents. In desperate cases, they may devour plants and berries, though they don't like it. Whatever the situation is, however, they will never devour each other.

They use their claws to catch prey, just like a swooping eagle. Their call is a high pitched screech. Z. Raptors use it to call for Rave meetings, enemy sitings, as well as communicating with others. Each Z. Raptor has a different pitch and sound of their call.

They sleep on average a day for around as little as 7 hours to as much as 21 hours.

A Z. Raptor is usually natural colored, as bright rainbow colors are uncommon.

When mating, they usually greet each other first by cheek rubbing and then wrapping around each other by necks. Then, they start licking each other on the tip of their wings. They usually have to be mates for about 3 years (1 month) before they can breed. A litter consists of around 1-2 Z. Raptors. When breeding, them touch each others noses and close their eyes. A glow appears around them and in the middle, a baby is born.

3 years in Z. Raptor years is equivalent to 1 month in Human years. They usually live up to around 3000 Z. Raptor years.

When they are born, they usually stay close to their mother for the first year.

Art:
x盯著我幹嘛?你有什麼目的!
bestie | senpai | valorant fanclub
chinese, christian, registered nurse
my shops: art | character designs
yuketsu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalleusGrey » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:55 am

Ends tomorrow c:
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Commissions Are Closed
ImageImage

Bequelle's Liontails

-
Brave New World
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:02 am

you never answered my question about the art c:
༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ toyhouse ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶
[🐰] [🐭] [🌹]
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalleusGrey » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:06 am

.kismesis. wrote:you never answered my question about the art c:

Oh, sorry, I didn't see it >.<
Any little concept sketches, potential designs, that sort of thing c:
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Commissions Are Closed
ImageImage

Bequelle's Liontails

-
Brave New World
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MalleusGrey » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Very good entries!
But I have to say that .kismesis. wins, despite your form is a wip.
It was a hard choice! I'll be sure to make some more two legged dragons in the future C:

.kismesis. wrote:Quick question, what is the purpose of the art and may we have it ordered?

Username:
.kismesis.

Species Name:
So far I'm between "Firi Ọkan" which means "Angered One" in Yoruba and "
Izlenemez" which means "Untraceable" in Turkish.

Species History:
The Reptiles (as I will call them until I can figure out which name I prefer) are a very small sub-species of reptilian descent that hail from a small dead planet who's name is unknown but has been deemed "Umuligt" meaning "Impossible" in Danish. These small reptiles once thrived on the planet's dry surface where their size and build allowed them to easily out pace any animal which was helpful in both the hunt and the flee. A hundred years ago though Umuligt's atmosphere collapsed. Without an atmosphere to protect it the life on the planet shriveled up and died ... all except the Reptiles. These animals' sharp and durable claws allowed them to penetrate the rough clay ground and dig tunnels for them to live in. This however was only a temporary fix as without the atmosphere to keep the oxygen in they slowly began to not only starve but suffocate as well. Luckily for these dieing reptiles humans had just recently launched a space expedition to this strange planet. Armed with space suits and oxygen masks the few astronauts that ventured to Umuligt quickly found the tunnels they had dug, one of the men falling through the thin layer of a roof and falling to hid death for the discovery. Having no food for several days, the oxygen level almost non-exsistant, and the constant blistering heat of the sun the Reptiles were weak and demoralized and had no energy to try and fight off the humans as they gathered 18 specimens from a small colony and loaded them into a tightly sealed section of the space craft and began their journey home.

Scientists in a Texas compound worked furiously to build a replica of the surface of Umuligt; even taking painstaking measures to get the texture right and build stable tunnels for them to live in. Surprisingly when the rescued Reptiles were released into this new enclosure they quickly made it their own. Several years after discovery Reptiles are thriving in their imitation habitat, though no one has attempted demestication.

Other Information:
All the following information is just rough basics that will be elaborated on and detailed in the future.
Size: Reptiles are roughly about the size of humans, ranging from 4 to 7 feet tall at the crest of their head.
Colorings: These creatures are for the most part naturally colored with only their eyes being colors deviating from normal pigments. It is very rare to find a Reptile with unnatural colors on their skin.
Groups: Reptiles live in small groups called "Secreems" that contain numbers ranging from 3 to 15. These groups are organized by the males but females are respected greater and protected at all costs.
Breeding: Unlike most reptilian species these creatures do mate for life. The female stays in gestation gore around 10 months before laying a clutch of about 8-15 eggs, of which an average of 1-3 actually hatch.

Art:
WIP
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Commissions Are Closed
ImageImage

Bequelle's Liontails

-
Brave New World
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Reptilian- "Raptor" CLOSED

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Oh my goodness!! Thanks so much! I really did mean to get some art drawn but I got called into work two days in a row.
-rolls around flailing arms-
I'll start setting up their page and elaborating on information as soon as I get my laptop, which is in 3 days as its a Christmas gift ♥
eeeek these are going to be so amazing!! Im certianly happy to allow you and the other contestants free customs when i get them up and running if you guys would like :)
༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ toyhouse ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶
[🐰] [🐭] [🌹]
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me