Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Docksen's - Closed by Hyensa

Based on Click to view
Artist Hyensa [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Docksen's - Closed

Postby Hyensa » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Docksen
A re-incarnated Species from 2011

OddlyShaded. wrote:My species, Docksen was a real hit back when we first opened. I loved the species and made new ones daily with a Christmas advent. Sadly when I felt that the species became large enough I attempted to make it bigger by moving the species off Oekaki. By the time I realized that was a bad idea, the damage had been done. I ran out of time to continue to put into Docksen and allowed my friends Zax & Razzle to take the wheel. Sadly we lost popularity very quickly resulting in the closure of the species.

But after over a year of break, I have decided that it is time we try this one more time. Hopefully I won't screw up again! And we can keep this species alive in all it's glory.

NEWS

4-18-14 wrote:Docksens are re-opening.

5-31-15 wrote:Docksens are closed for now.

DOCKSEN BREEDS

It was known to scientists of several different breeds of Docksen. Sadly, There have been minor changes to this. Fyrinic & Nymthic Docksen have disappeared and no longer are available for adoption. Aquatic Docksen are under quarantine from a disease which can take human life and if the disease is curable, the species will come back up for adoption.

For now we have 2 of the common breeds of Docksen available.
Ilban Docksen
Skyloric Docksen
Aquatic Docksen (revamps Only)

DOCKSEN AGING

Seems everyone is having confusion about Docksen Age. So here you go!
Docksen live for an average of 20 - 25 years, similar to that of a horse. Generally wild Docksen don't live until 10 years old, only captive ones can live longer. Which means on average when they are adopted out they are roughly between the age of 3 - 6. Please note that Docksen CAN live longer than 25 years, that is just an average.

SKYLORIC INFORMATION
Docksen Model above is Two Thousand Butcher's owned by Oddly Shaded
Habitat

Skyloric Docksen prefer open spaces where they can roam freely. Of course if you have an open yard or paddock they can explore it is best for their own needs. They're a flying breed and need to stretch their wings but are always close to their owner if you've earned their trust and friendship.
Behaviour

Skyloric Docksen are very graceful animals and tend to prefer a very respectful owner. If they are mistreated they will attack those who have caused them harm. Once they have made a friendship, it will last forever. But due to their wings and body structure cannot be ridden.
Colouration

Skyloric Docksen are mostly whites and greys. Very Rarely will they be buckskin, bay or chestnut. Blue eyes are very uncommon among this species as well as any paint gene although they CAN occur. Another common colour in the breed is palomino or crème and other colours inbetween (ie. Perlino). Their underbelly is noticeably lighter than their coat colour and have a marking up over there face which is known as the 'Bird Beak' marking. This is common for Skyloric Docksen, and it is rare the bird beak is darker than the coat. White or light spots similar to deer spots are common. Brown or bay on light coloured Docksens are rare. New colour patterns are available; Brindle and flea bitten - Rare colour patterns.
Features

Skyloric Docksen have large braud wings. These wings are darker colours to the body with white tipped feathers. Rarely the wings will be lighter and very rarely will they have no white tips. Small strips of white can be identified on some of this breed. Rarely on white wings will there be brown or bay.
Gender Info

Females - Female Docksens are very partite. They prefer to be in shaded areas and are larger than males. They average (in horse height) 16hh which is 1.6m tall. They need a lot of respect in order to be able to perform to their best.
Females Height - 15hh to 16hh
Males - Male Docksens are much more brut. They will catch food for the females and are best in open grass. You will often see this species sprawled out in the green grass and often scratching on the grass. They are a maximum of 16hh which is 1.6 tall, but are often 15hh - 15.3hh (1.5m - 1.59m) Excuse me if i am incorrect
Males Height - 15hh to 16hh
Rarity: Common

ILBAN INFORMATION
Docksen Model Above is Marley owned by Andy.My.Love
Habitat

Ilban Docksens are very commonly seen. They are found almost everywhere and prefer cooler weather. They are found better thriving in areas such as forestation, meadowland and open grass fields. They are also seen in valley's and in canyons. They are very sufficient with water and are excellent for long endurance and stamina.
Behaviour

Ilban Docksen are very well mannered and can be used for many difference purposes. Their legs are stronger than most Docksen and have the perfect temperament for riding though cannot be ridden by adults or teenagers. They are only small in size and are better with beginner riders.
Colouration

Ilban Docksen have incredible variety. They have all colourations available in the species and are often seen with deer like spots. Their body colouration is usually darker down the stomach and lighter across the back, but they can also be seen with Bird Beak, Saddle back and Leisure armour (seen in other species).
Features

Ilban Docksen do not have any special features in contrast to other species.
Female - Female Ilban Docksen have no differences from male Ilban Docksens.
Female Height - 12hh to 13hh
Males - Male Ilban Docksen have no differences from female Ilban Docksens.
Male Height - 12hh to 13hh
Rarity: Very Common

AQUATIC INFORMATION
Docksen Model Above is Akai Poseidon owned by Oddly Shaded
Habitat

Aquatic Docksen are swimmers. They prefer areas with dams, ponds, rivers, creeks or even the ocean itself. Of course if your going to keep him in a paddock they will need heaps of shade so they don't dry out, and heaps of water to keep hydrated. They often die of heat exhaustion and neglect. Daily care is needed.
Behaviour

Aquatic Docksen are peaceful but can become incredibly aggressive. They will most defiantly attack is mistreated or even verbally abused. These creatures will spend most of their time swimming and will pay attention to their owner for a limited amount of time before they become bored.
Colouration

Aqautic Docksen are almost always natural colours. They commonly come in black, white and grey. But can also come in Browns, bays and even blue grey. BUT Blue grey is the rarest colour possible in Aquatic Docksen. They often have something that is called a 'Saddle Back'. This marking goes from the head to the middle of the back to where the end of a saddle would sit on a horse. This is darker than the coat and rarely lighter. Spots are very common and are white. Rarely other colours. Their eyes are always brown and very rarely blue or green. New colour patterns are avalible; Brindle and flea-bitten - rare colour patterns.
Features

Aquatic Docksen have fins spread across their bodies in order to help them swim. These fins are located on the back of each leg, back legs have one on the front from the knee to the hoof. Their hooves have been lengthened and now have 'fin' sockets on either side of the hoof itself. The back leg fins attach to the tail near the rump. There is also fins either side of the face along the jaw bone. Fins are often transparent so are see through. On the rare occasion you will come across one with non-transparent fins. They also often have seaweed on their antlers as they are used to hunt for fish and seaweed gets caught on them. They do not have wings like the Skyloric Docksen.
Gender Info

Females - Females are smaller than males averaging 16hh. The females are clean and often are basking on the edge of the water cleaning and waling themselves. It is often you will see them standing on a rock calling over water. They are calling for another Aquatic Docksen to join them and bask. They are social the female Aquatic Docksens.
Females Height - 14hh to 16hh
Males - Males are larger than females averaging 17hh. You will find with males they are always covered in mud and seaweed. This is a display for mating. Other than that males are quite dirty, not covered in mud, but have muddy feet and a few strands of seaweed. Males are vicious to one another and often roam in herds.
Males Height - 15hh to 17hh
Rarity: Uncommon

THE IMPORTANT RULES[/center]
    Normal rules of Tess - no Spamming/Double Posting/Rude behaviour
    Do not steal our species! You will be found out and reported.
    If you are naughty and misbehave, we will set Butcher's Glory (the Skyloric Docksen in the header) on you. You will be warned at first offense, repeat offenses result in being banned from adopting for 1 month. If you do it again, you will be banned 2 months. After that you are Banned for life and never shall return!
    Customs are not currently available, please DO NOT ask for them.
    The current adoption limit of Docksen is unlimited!
    Please listen to and obey anything that staff members say.
    Piggy-backing on that last one, please do not mini-mod.
    DO NOT request to become a staff member unless there is a staff position open.

THE LABORATORY

Our laboratory has re-opened and is genetically mutated Docksen of Ilbanic and Skyloric breeds. The only catch is, they are only able to approve and mutate one Docksen a month.

The artist who is mutating a Docksen, month of January is:
~Razzle~!

BREEDING CENTER

That's right! Our breeding center has re-opened! (Yay!) But we will be keeping it all on this main thread rather than creating an entire new one. Below you can find all the information about breedings between Docksen & how different breeds can form one fawn. But please don't forget to read the entire section to be sure you understand everything.

BREEDING RULES

Breeding can occur between any 2 Docksen (hybrids occur - read below section on hybrids)
    Breeding will be open randomly so keep an eye out
    Breeding can ONLY occur between a female and male docksen
    The owner of the Docksens must BOTH agree to breed and must agree on who will own the Docksen BEFORE the breeding is complete.
    Docksens can have 1 or 2 fawns but it depends on the parents breeds.
    When breeding 2 different breeds of Docksen together (I.e Ilban X Aquatic) it is possible for that breeding to create mutations. THIS IS A VERY RARE OCCURANCE!
    If you are not happy with the fawn then please ask for it to be put up for adoption rather than complain about it.

BREEDING ARTISTS

Currently we only have one breeding artist - Oddly will INVITE artists to do breedings if she feels they can handle that load as well.

~ Oddly Shaded

HYBRID POSSIBILITIES

Skyloric Possibilities

Aquatic x Nymthic = Skyloric
Aquatic x Fyrinic = Skyloric
Nymthic x Fyrinic = Skyloric

Skyloric x Skyloric = Skyloric
Skyloric x Ilban = Skyloric

Aquatic Possibilities

Skyloric x Nymthic = Aquatic
Fyrinic x Skyloric = Aquatic
Nymthic x Fyrinic = Aquatic

Aquatic x Aquatic = Aquatic
Aquatic x Ilban = Aquatic

Ilban Possibilities

Skyloric X Aquatic = Ilban (until Nymthic Docksen are released)
Ilban Father x Other Mother = Ilban
Ilban x Ilban = Ilban

Nymthic Possibilities

Skyloric x Aquatic = Nymthic Ilban (until Nymthic Docksen are released)
Fyrinic x Skyloric = Nymthic
Aquatic x Fyrinc = Nymthic
Nymthic x Nymthic = Nymthic
Nymthic x Ilban = Nymthic

Fyrinic Possibilities

Nymthic x Skyloric = Fyrinic
Nymthic x Aquatic = Fyrinic
Aquatic x Skyloric = Fyrinic
Fyrinic x Fyrinic = Fyrinic
Fyrinic x Ilban = Fyrinic

[center]BREEDING SLOTS

1. OPEN
2. OPEN
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN

BREEDING FORM

Code: Select all
[u]Mother Information[/u]
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Link to Page:[/b]
[b]Breed:[/b]
[u]Father Information[/u]
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Link to Page:[/b]
[b]Breed:[/b]
[b]Owner Of Fawn:[/b]
[b]Name Of Fawn:[/b]

DOCKSEN STAFF

We would be nothing without our lovely staff who have kindly
volunteered their time to us! They deserve some recognition...

:: Founder ::
Oddly Shaded

:: Previous Owners ::
Zax & ~Razzle~
Oddly Shaded
hyensa

:: Moderators ::
OPEN Position

:: Artists ::

:: Guest Artists ::

:: Archivist ::
OPEN Position

SPECIES MASCOT
Butcher's Glory (a.k.a. Butch) has been the species mascot since we first opened! Of course he wasn't named until a little while after opening. He is my Docksen and he's a great partner in crime mascot for the species.

ADVERTISE US

This wonderful stamp was made for us by nazivu, featuring the
      Skyloretic docksen and the Aquatic docksen from our old lines.
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2102750][img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm194/lozagbubbles/stamp2.gif[/img][/url]

This beautiful stamp was by diamondpals, featuring what
      became our Mascot, Butcher's Glory, a Skyloretic Docksen.
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2102750][img]http://i42.tinypic.com/nnk4ra.png[/img][/url]

~Razzle~ made these two stamps, both featuring Butcher's Glory.
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2102750][img]http://i43.tinypic.com/zwjqjp.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2102750][img]http://i40.tinypic.com/vzj3pe_th.png[/img][/url]

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Hyensa on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:51 am, edited 18 times in total.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~ :: A Breath Of Life ~ Docksen :: ~

Postby Hyensa » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Reserve Post
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wickedbvnes » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Thanks for bringing them back, Oddly! These were my favourite adoptables. I'd love to be a member of the staff {I have six docksen and I have been an active follower of them since forever, aha.}
wickedbvnes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddly Shaded » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Thanks vintage! If you could help moderate, that would be fabulous!

EDIT+

Also accepting revamp request!

10 slots:
1. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... auto&rev=1
2. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=904036
3. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=907482
4. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1184566#
5. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1641313
6. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1211522 - NA
Last edited by Oddly Shaded on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wickedbvnes » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:19 pm

No problem, I'm happy to help c:
I'd love a revamp of this bebe
wickedbvnes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marmoset » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:21 pm

They're BACK :DDDD
ON FULL HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
╔═══════════════════════╗
Image Image Image Image
Used to be Marmoset
<--- Left Sorbet art by Lilelith
JBDs|tumblr|YouTube|dA|Ask.fm
╚═══════════════════════╝
ImageImageImage
Marmoset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zima. » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:34 am

So glad to see them come back, Shaded !
zima.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Destrie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:10 am

Glad to see these guys up again! I remember when you first started them ^^

I still have my 7.. Though only 2 of them are skyeloric |D
(the others all being aquatic or nymthic docksen)

Would you mind revamping my two skyelorics?
Saber: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=904036
& Tazer: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=907482

& Also, if you ever need it, I'm available to help out ^^'
Last edited by Destrie on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
aka Des | She/Her | USA
[Toyhouse] | [deviantArt]
[Join me on Furry-Paws]
Inactive, but still here~

[Avatar by Nok]
[Sig Art by me]
Destrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Razzle~ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:25 am

I would love love love to come back Shade! I was just thinking about how much I missed these guys. <3
If you could add me as artist, I already have a bunch of ideas.
And, I can do revamps as well; no limit as long as I have the time.
so I haven't been on this site in like, forever, so I'm briefly back on to get rid of lots of my pets in exchange for art of my dog. Also if you do art and want pets send me a pm I'd love to work something out
You can contact me on my tumblr - @puppiesfortheblind - if I don't respond in a reasonable timeframe
~Razzle~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby funnyfarm96 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:43 pm

I am so glad their back :D I have miss them!
Relatively inactive. Online mostly for WMEs.
funnyfarm96

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me