Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Podcreature Adopts by Kalrine

Artist Kalrine [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 13
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Podcreature Adopts

Postby Kalrine » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:29 am

Species Name: Podcreature
Podcreature Young: Podling
Group: Pod
Origin: Unknown. Could be that they originated on Earth, but nobody knows for sure.
Habitat: Islands and Oceans. A Podcreature may come into a large lake, but that is extremely rare.

♒ What is a Podcreature? ♒

A Podcreature is a strange Amphibian-like animal that inhabits tropical, untouched islands and oceans and seas. These cold-blooded creatures are much like seals and sea serpents, but with many different features. Their diet consists of mostly meat, but if absolutely necessary, they may consume plants. One of most incredible features of this species is the fins on their back and tail. These fins are unbreakable. The edges of the fin are like blades, being able to cut rocks in two within seconds. They have 6 of these fins, 3 on the tail and 3 on the back. The tail fins are mostly there to act as a rudder, making these animal fast and deadly. On the fins of their back, each fin has 3 pods, and on their tail fins, each fin has 1 pod. These pods store oxygen, which they use to extend the time they may stay under water. Each pod has 4 layers. The first layer, the innermost layer, stores the oxygen. The layer just above that, is a thin, glass-like shell. Over that shell, layer 3, is acid. This acid is the same type of acid their blood is. The last layer, is another glass-like shell, but much thicker. This shell is breakable, but most creatures know not to break it because of the acid layer just beneath it. As I mentioned earlier, these creatures have acid for blood. If they get cut or wounded, the acid will ooze out, and act as a defense system to anything that tries to injure the creature again, and their skin is "acid-proof", so they don't get burnt. A Podcreature may also spit acid if necessary. Usually, a Podcreature will injure another Podcreature only if they are from different pods. Podcreatures travel in pods of 4-8, but there are some exceptions. There is usually an alpha male and alpha female of the pod, their offspring, and perhaps some of their siblings. Podcreatures are actually completely blind, and they use sonic waves like a bats to hunt. They use these sonic waves to communicate too. There is also differences in males and females. Male Podcreatures has the same blade that is on their back and tail, on the bottom of their front fins. They use this mostly for fighting rather than hunting, as male Podcreatures are usually aggressive. Female Podcreatures have 3 more pods on the ends of their tail. They use these for their offspring. When Podcreatures mate, their offspring will begin to form within the 3 pods of the female's tail. Sometimes only 1 forms, but up to 3 may form. The female Podcreature will then bury herself a den in the sand of a beach or at the bottom of the sea, where her tail pods will crack and her offspring will stay for 3 weeks. While the female lives in the den, the rest of her pod will leave her until her and her offspring are ready to come out of the den. Then is when they will return. The mother's pods will eventually heal and form again, but she may have no more offspring. As for their appearance, Podcreatures may range widely. However, all pods on a Podcreature will be the same color. Podcreatures have sleek, scaly bodies that may be practically any color. Most times their scales are smooth, but they may be rough. This is more common in males, although still uncommon. Many neon colors on a Podcreature is rare, but possible.

How do we know all these facts?
10 weeks ago a very sick female Podcreature came into our care. She was taken from a large lake (classified location), and she looked very much injured. We cared for her for 1 week, when her tail pods cracked and she died... But from those tail pods came 3 baby Podcreatures, 2 male and 1 female. They became very social with the staff who worked in our study, eventually trusting them enough to let the them pet them. 2 years later, we had decided to release them. They all left until a year later. 1 of the females came back to her birthplace and made a den in the sand at the bottom of the enclosure. 5 weeks later, her pods cracked and 2 Podlings where born. They ended up staying as the study pets, loving their new home very much. Eventually, more Podcreatures where born. Because our study had too many, they where released into the lake we found the first Podcreature in. They are currently still living there, and it has become a wonderful Tourist location. However, these animal are still wild, and it isn't common when a person gets to touch one, especially a male Podcreature. You are visiting this lake to see them, when a few catch your eye. Are you capable of taming one to be your pet?

♒ Customs ♒

Want a custom Podcreature? Custom Podcreatures cost 1 Uncommon.
Form to fill out for one:

Code: Select all
[size=150]I want a Custom Podcreature![/size]

Username:
Gender of Podcreature:
Body and Head Color:
Belly Color:
Blade/Fin Color:
Pod Color:

♒ Breeding ♒

To breed your Podcreatures, you must have 1 male and 1 female. Their litter will consist of 1-3 Podlings, and they may breed only once. This costs 1 Uncommon.
Form to fill if you'd like to breed them:

Code: Select all
[size=150]I would like to breed my Podcreatures![/size]

Username:
Name of female Podcreature:
Name of male Podcreature:

♒ Store ♒

Here you can buy potion and such for your Podcreatures.

Speed Growth Potion
Title says it all. The Speed Growth Potion will speed up the growth of your Podlings. Costs 1 common.
Last edited by Kalrine on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 11 times in total.

╒══════════════════╕
► ► ► ► ► ► ► I like rhythm games. ◄ ◄ ◄ ◄ ◄ ◄ ◄
╘══════════════════╛

Kalrine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Podcreature Adopts

Postby akb48 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:30 am

Cool
akb48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kalrine » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:23 am

Arabella. wrote:Cool

Thanks ^^

╒══════════════════╕
╘══════════════════╛

Kalrine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gryffindor's Sword » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Marking! Love these!
✞✞I'm Christian and believe in God, Jesus
Christ his Son, and the Holy Spirit. 96% of teens
won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you
are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞✞

I was TerrificTeddyGuineas.
Gryffindor's Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gryffindor's Sword » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:17 pm

I want a Custom Podcreature!

Username: TerrificTeddyGuineas
Gender of Podcreature: Female
Body and Head Color: Light Purple
Blade/Fin Color: Baby Blue
Pod Color: Baby Blue
( I may change the fin colors. Jus an FYI. PLEASE ADD SOME CREAVTIVE MARKINGS ON HER!!!!))
✞✞I'm Christian and believe in God, Jesus
Christ his Son, and the Holy Spirit. 96% of teens
won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you
are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞✞

I was TerrificTeddyGuineas.
Gryffindor's Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kalrine » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:02 pm

TerrificTeddyGuineas wrote:Marking! Love these!

Thanks ^^ Getting started on your custom!

╒══════════════════╕
╘══════════════════╛

Kalrine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me