Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Gem Back Elementals [Free species] by Warrdog

Artist Warrdog [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 11
31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Gem Back Elementals [Free species]

Postby Warrdog » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:38 am

Hey there! Since I'm always filled with creativity, but I don't have the attention span to really make anything for myself and maintain it I've decided to make a free species for CS to use :3

Archive|Gods|Link Here|Link Here

That means anyone can design them (for themselves or others), adopt them out, even sell them---so long as you give full credit to me for the species, lines, and info [which I would appreciate you not changing any of it].

Below, I'll post my information for the species. You do not have to follow these unless you want to create a 'realistic' Gem back elemental.
    You can create a rainbow Gem back if you wish--but just like if you'd created a rainbow wolf, you cannot claim the colors are realistic for the species.

Alright, thanks for reading!
    Feel free to ask me if you have any questions. C:
    All species information is in the second post.

Questions and Answers:

Q: Can I edit the lines?
    A: That depends on the type of edit.

Allowed: Different lengths/styles of fur or adding manes, realistic accessories (ex: feathers/leaves, collars), different body types (skinny, muscular, etc), scars/missing limbs, different ear types (big, small, floppy), other minor changes.
    Not Allowed: over the top accessories[i.e Loading the image with accessories and not designing the gem back], blood/gore, anything that contradicts what I've written, other major changes.

For anything not listed, ask!

Q: Can these be posted on other websites?
    A: Yes, so long as you link back! If posting to deviantart, please also link to my deviantart account. (It would be nice to get some publicity even though I don't really use it XD)

Q: Can I make an RP? And does it have to follow the behavior guidelines?
    A: Yes, RP's are fine! Though again, please inform me of the RP so I can list it :3

Other Lines:
    Other animals [May be added upon request]
    Growing lines [WIP]
    Breeding/Family Lines

Roleplays:
    Nothing Short of Ordinary [Casual] -By Freaksho
    Bruises and Bitemarks [War] -By Freaksho
    Are we mice or warriors? -By Zenstar

Giftlines:
    Gift lines -By Snowflop
    Plushie Giftlines -By Freaksho

If you make giftlines or an RP, please PM or post to let me know! :3

STAMPS:
    Image - Made by Snowflop
    Code: Select all
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2046182][img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af116/snowflop/Capturecopy_zpsb4e80028.jpg[/img][/url]

(Hey guys, guess what! This text was copied and edited from TheCalicoTabby's Kayrah species. I did this because of how neatly she organized the page, and I would like mine to look neat as well. If there are any issues please PM me and they will be fixed!)
Last edited by Warrdog on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Important announcement wrote:
Nothing to report here
Hope everyone is enjoying themselves
Thanks for taking the time to have a look at
the information in my
signature c:

I used to be FREAKSHO, don't steal
I will use the name again.

╔═══════════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════════╝
Warrdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Gem Back Elementals [Free species]

Postby Warrdog » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:38 am

Gem Back Information

Here is the information I have on the species.

Basics:
    Gem backs are animals with a powerful gem-like growth on their back. They resemble actual animals from earth, however are not. They can exist anywhere they please, however typically reside in similar environments/habitats as the animal they resemble. They can feed on meat/plants as other animals do, however they cannot sustain themselves on these foods; Gem backs are maintained by the life energies around them (ie. a Fire Gem back would be healthier in hotter places, and weaker in a place that is moist, or cold). The gem on their back (which indicates their health) resonates with the orb they care for (the orb is essentially their soul); this orb is only large when they choose to rest (they will typically sleep on it or next to it) otherwise it is usually carried in their mouth or on a string around their neck. Should the orb break or they are apart from it for too long the elemental will die. Should their gem be broken or should they get killed they will retire to their orb until a new gem forms or until they have recovered form the fatal wound. [So: Gem breaks= non-permanent death; Orb breaks= Permanent death]

Size:
    There is no specific size of a gem back as they can resemble many animals. The typical gem back is twice the size of the animal it resembles.

Habitat:
    Gem backs typically live in similar environments to the animal they resemble, though sometimes this conflicts with the element they control, and in this case they will live in the climate that best suits their element (i.e. a Poison elemental wouldn't live on a mountaintop though snakes [poisonous animal] can be found in in lower mountain areas it could live in a rain forest though)

Diet:
    They can survive for a short time eating the diet of the animal they look like (i.e. a Deer Gem back eating grasses and vegetation), however they must be near the element they control in order to remain healthy (i.e. an earth gem back living in a forest or in an area with a lot of open ground/plants)

Colouration:
    They're colors can literally be anything, though they tend to have natural colors as bases, and few unnatural patterns/colors. Males are always darker in color than females, and will always have stripes as part of their pattern where as females will have spots. Often times the gem will match a color on the Gem back in some way, though it's not uncommon to be a complimenting color instead (i.e Purple's compliment color is yellow)

Behaviours:
    Gem backs do not give birth to live kits; rather they come together to create new orbs that develop a kit over time. Kits can be cross species within reason (i.e. a deer can't breed with a croc, but would be semi ok, to produce an orb with a wolf)

When the new orb is created it it hidden carefully for safety while the kit grows, but is essentially abandoned by its parents. When the new elemental is born it will linger around it's soul orb while it gain energy, for it will be very weak, but it is able to see fully, and walk. Elemental kits are born without their element, and it will develop its control over the next month. If the kit is a cross of elements it will only control one, but have the resistance and weaknesses of both elements.

Elemental kits are mature and able to care for itself completely at two years old, however cannot reproduce (create an orb with another elemental) until it is 10 years old.

Gem backs are normally nomads, but for those that claim a territory they will defend it form all other elementals; only allowing the native animals to reside on the land.

When being aggressive a Gem back, no matter the species will so a war dance. The dance looks silly to us, but is considered aggressive amongst the elementals. In the case of a four-legged aggressive elemental, it will raise on its hind legs and kick its front legs displaying their claws(if they have claws) and turn in quick circles displaying its gem and making itself look bigger. In the case of an avian or sea mammal elemental they will beat their wings (or clap their fins if able) and bob their head up and down so they are showing their gem. If this intimidation doesn't work (one challenger leaving) they will battle until one submits.

Elementals can live in cities or rural areas, but they can never be domesticated or owned by another. They will either reside there by choice or pass through frequently.
Last edited by Warrdog on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nothing to report here
the information in my
signature c:

Warrdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Warrdog » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:39 am

Gem Back Rarity guide

COMMON Count- 32
    Fire- Fire elementals have the ability to control existing fires, and at older ages create fire themselves. Where they walk they often leave scorch marks.
    Water- Water elementals have the ability to control water from existing sources, and at older ages they can pull moisture form the air to create water sources; it is rare that an elemental grows old and wise enough to learn how to manipulate the water within other beings and control them.
    Earth- Earth elementals can control the growth of plants and have a limited ability to manipulate and move the earth and stone around them; at older ages they can turn earth into metal, and manipulate it. Where they walk flowers often grow.

UNCOMMON Count- 14
    Poison- Poison elementals usually have a means of delivering the venom they possess whether it's accurate spitting, fangs, or spines. Some Poison elementals have a venomous touch, or even spores within their fur that make touching them very dangerous. Where they wlak mushrooms often grow.
    Wind- Wind elementals have control over the winds around them; they are able to make them change directions, and some are talented enough to use the winds to make them glide, though they cannot fly unless they're winged (avian). Older wind gem backs can summon violent wind storms, however summoning a wind storm (hurricane or tornado) takes multiple wind elementals; one cannot summon a large wind storm on it's own.

RARE Count- 23
    Ice- Ice elementals can control existing ice, and create snow/ice. When they walk over water they create ice. Skilled Ice gem backs can create suits of Ice armor and render themselves nearly invincible. Where they walk they leave snow.
    Light- Light elementals have a natural gift for healing others; they also have a certain bioluminece, and faintly glow even durring the day; they are more noticeable at night. Older Light elementals can also learn to reverse their healing abilities to kill. Most prefer not to kill, however and will simply blind their opponents with bright flashes so they can escape. They are said to be the most pure, just, and kind of all Gem backs; having them around causes good dreams. Light gem backs leave slightly glowing trails where they walk.

VERY RARE Count- 27
    Shadow- Shadow elementals have a natural gift to kill, and hunt. They are said to be the most evil of all Gem backs. They are able to manipulate shadows and cause them to attack their victims, and are also easily able to hide in the dark. It is said just having a Shadow Gem back around brings nightmares to everyone in the area. Older Shadow Gem backs are able to manipulate others through mind control, and develop some psychic abilities. Shadow gem backs leave a trail of death in their wake (i.e. walking through a forest there would be dead grass/plants)
    Lightning/Storm- Lightning/storm elementals can summon small storms in the area they're in. It takes multiple elementals to summon vicious storms. Durring storms These types of Gem backs can direct the strikes of lightning to hit where they want. Older Lightning elementals can create their own lightning from their bodies; they are often very static-y to touch. Storm often follow them from the sky.
Last edited by Warrdog on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:24 am, edited 66 times in total.

Nothing to report here
the information in my
signature c:

Warrdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Warrdog » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:55 am

UPDATE LOG
- Breeding lines:

- Holiday lines:

- Avian lines:

- GBE Sentinels:

way of new lines, and I'm so glad
that so many users on CS enjoy
these lines. We aren't a huge
community like Kias or JBDs,
but I'm very happy with
everyone who's joined in, and
likes my linework. I honestly
cannot thank you guys enough!

-

-
LINKS
Archive

Breeding lines- Here

Alternative lines- WIP

Growing lines -WIP

- No bans
- Keep it this
way

may only own

Common [UNLTD.]
Uncommon [15]
Rare [4]
Very Rare [2]

Anyone caught
exceeding these
limits will be given
ONE warning.
R U L E S !!
- Give all staff and owners your
full respect

- Do not use/steal designs or Gem
Backs that you do not create

- Do not ask to become a mod

- If you see any violators/theft
please PM Freaksho IMMEIDATELY

- Gem Backs can NOT be fursonas,
as fursonas should be an extension of
yourself, and since you do not own
this species it should not be used
for such purposes.

- Only one person may own a Gem back.
There is no co-owning.

- 3 warning= ban
Ban= :( get it?

- Follow the rarity limits

More rules will be added as needed.
As owner/creator Freaksho reseves the right
to deny anyone the ability to use/color these lines.
Freaksho also reseves the right to change/add
rules as necessary.

* New Rules *Important rules
Last edited by Warrdog on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Nothing to report here
the information in my
signature c:

Warrdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shinjitaro » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:12 am

Ooo, i like these C: May you make hair lines?
-

┌───────────────────────┐

hey, i'm shin.
i've pretty much quit cs, but feel free to
contact me if you need me!
i'll check back every now and then.
🌼
yojire <--- my username everywhere else

└────────────────────────┘
shinjitaro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Warrdog » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:34 am

I certainly could :3

Nothing to report here
the information in my
signature c:

Warrdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shinjitaro » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Bump
-

┌───────────────────────┐

hey, i'm shin.
i've pretty much quit cs, but feel free to
contact me if you need me!
i'll check back every now and then.
🌼
yojire <--- my username everywhere else

└────────────────────────┘
shinjitaro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Warrdog » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:29 am

New manes have been added :3

Nothing to report here
the information in my
signature c:

Warrdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby butchazurite » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:54 am

Bookmark
butchazurite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiira Coralavus » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:18 pm

bookmarking~
coloring soon(hopefully)
Brynn, they/them
not super active here, so it may take a while for me to answer and such, thank you for your patience!
✌️
Fiira Coralavus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me