Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

=|Caballus Elysium|= by SpartanAmethyst

Based on Click to view
Artist SpartanAmethyst [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
51 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

=|Caballus Elysium|=

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:24 pm

For centuries, stories have been told of a paradise where all worldly hardships are no more.
A place where life is easy and full of light and joy, where no one has to worry about a single thing.
But such a place has been forever out of the reach of man, a wish lost to the Northern Star....

Until now.

What we never realized was that Homer was right: on the Western Edge of the world, surrounded by the Okeanos, the "ocean-stream" that circles the Equator, lies an island previously unknown to the rest of the world. Fifty miles south of the Big Island is an island twice its size, untouched by human contact and still held by the animals that have called it home for centuries. It strongly resembles the island paradise that so many people vacation to, though the flora and fauna are much more vibrant, many of them boasting feathers and bright colors. Because of the untouched beauty of this paradise, the American research team that stumbled across this island deemed it "Elysium", honoring Homer's work and legacy.

One species found on the Island, known as the Caballus Elysium or the Elysium Horses, are beautiful and often brightly colored equines native to the island of Elysium. They are difficult to train, but once a mare or stallion have been tamed it bonds deeply to its owner and becomes a safe, steady, and loyal mount.

Links

All is a wip as of now c:
Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CE: The Trekkers

Postby MalleusGrey » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:37 am

H I G H L A N D
P A R A D I S E - H O R S E

B O D Y - T R A I T S
☼ Thick, heavy bodies, peaking at 18hh.
☼ Their coat is quite thick, and can have a 'fluffy' appearance in winter.
xxxxx= The most common coats are darker ones such as bays, seal browns, blacks and all usually have a large about of
xxxxxwhite (usually overo) markings. However, it is also very common to see roans as well as greys, though strictly
xxxxxnot light or fleabitten grey.
xxxxx= The pangare or "mealy" gene is also very common, especially amongst horses whom do not have a great deal of
xxxxxwhite markings. This is also true for brindle and dapple genes.
xxxxx= Coats that could be classed as uncommon are ones with little or no white at all, with minimal sabinos being
xxxxxvirtually unheard of. As mentioned above, brindle, dapple and pangare are commonly seen on these coats.
xxxxx= Rare coats are those that are lighter in shade, such as buckskins, duns, chestnuts palominos and cremellos. Any of
xxxxxthese coats with less than 30% white is impossible for HPH.
xxxxx= Chimeric or mosaic horses are very rare, as horses in the wild with these striking coats are usually targeted by
xxxxxpredators. However, they are still possible and thus classed as very rare.
xxxxx= Apaloosas and leopards are strictly not seen in the wild. However, in captivity some breeders have managed
xxxxxto breed in this trait.
☼ Long ears, larger than normal.
☼ Feathers growing from behind the ear, withers, rump and tail. All feathers are usually symmetrical; non-symmetrical feathers are rare. The feathers can also be any colour, though neon colours are never seen.
☼ As with the VPH, a HPH stallion is able to straighten his feathers when in battle or attracting a mate to make himself look more intimidating (to opponents) or attractive (to females).
☼ Unnatural colours are also seen on the actual coat, often matching the colour of the feathers.
☼ Tail is generally very long, with each hair usually being the same length making the tail look very neat and tidy.
☼ Mane grows pointing forward, giving a 'mohawk' look. It also does not flop over, but stands due to its rigid hair.

L I F E - S T Y L E
    The Highland Paradise Horse (or 'HPH' as it is commonly abbreviated) live in generally medium-high altitudes, whether it be mountain sides, hilly plains or cliffs. They are not known for their speed, but what they lack in agility they make up in sheer power. These horses have sturdy bodies built for durability and thus have high stamina, hardly ever tiring. Due to this, battles between rival males or predators usually last hours, until which point the threat backs down from exhaustion. In captivity, HPH are usually renowned for their strength, and so are popular with the agriculture field (as are many heavy horses), their unusual patterns and feathers making them ideal for activities such as demonstrations. As well as this, frequently are they taken on hiking missions, due to their ability to carry heavy loads and navigate the environment with ease. Typically however, stallions do not take part in any of these tasks as their personalities are particularly aggressive. Due to this it is usually only geldings and mares who are tame enough to work. Cross-breeds with Valley horses often produce excellent jumpers.

HPH can be found travelling in herds of up to twenty members at the largest, but average at about ten. These are built up of mostly mares and young stallions, with either a single stallion, two 'coalition' males (where two males take charge together) or a mated stallion and mare pair. A herd with a coalition leadership will often be larger than most herds (due to the shared amount of responsibility) but during mating season the group can become unstable from the tension between the dominant males. Sometimes a single mare can be found leading the herd, but this is rare and usually only occurs when her mate has died. If this occurs, it is not usual for the lone mare to eagerly seek a new stallion to take leadership of the group, but she will choose wisely, often turning down many suitors. Among smaller groups, HPH often stick to one mate for their lifetime.

Highland mares, due to the large protective herds they live in coupled with their strength, can birth six healthy foals in her lifetime; after that however, the chance of her birthing a healthy foal decreases greatly. Because of this, any mare up for adoption is only permitted six breedings, and for stallions, 7 coverings are permitted to owners. When breeding, you can submit this pedigree request, and your foal will either be accepted or rejected, and your Elysium horses bred.

As of right now, crossbreeds between the Highland horses and Valley horses are not permitted, though this may change in the future.
    You may request a traditional breeding, which costs one uncommon pet from any year. (♂+♀)
    Or you may request a Stem Cell breeding, which costs one rare Wishlist pet from any year. (♂+♂) or (♀+♀)
    If either of the parents are not yours, please ask the other owners to private message me their permissions!

Breeding is currently: Open/Closed
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username[/b]:
    [b]Breeding Type:[/b]
    [b]Parent One:[/b]
    [b]Page Link:[/b]
    [b]Parent Two:[/b]
    [b]Payment:[/b]
    [b]Make sure you send the trade![/b]
Last edited by MalleusGrey on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:36 am, edited 9 times in total.
MalleusGrey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CE: The Runners

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:08 am

V A L L E Y
P A R A D I S E - H O R S ES

B O D Y - T R A I T S
    ☼ Slim, athletic build with long legs.
    ☼ Narrow chest and profile allows easy navigation of the thick valley forests.
    ☼ Coat is very oily; provides protection against the heavy summer rains.
    xxxxx= Bright coat colors such as Chestnuts, duns, buckskins, bays, greys, and palominos are very common, and are
    xxxxxmost often seen with some sort of paint markings or other extensive white on their coat. (40% or more of their
    xxxxxcoat is usually white.)
    xxxxx= Appaloosas as well as "modified" coats (mahoganies, sooty, pangare, rabicano, etc.) are slightly more
    xxxxxuncommon, but they're not that hard to find. Cremellos, perlinos, and rose greys are also uncommon.
    xxxxx= Silvers, flaxens, true whites, and dark coats such as seal brown, traditional and dark brown, "chocolate",
    xxxxxand black are rare in the Runners, as are coats with little to no white.
    xxxxx= Roans are extremely rare, and are not often found in the wild.
    ☼ Manes and tails are medium-length, and typically very soft and easy to brush.
    ☼ Feather grow on the horse's crest, withers, and dock (tail).
    ☼ When a stallion is challenging another stallion or is seeking to impress a mare, his feathers stick straight up to make himself look more intimidating or visually pleasing, very similar to that of a raptor.
    ☼ All feathers are typically symmetrical in designs and markings, but very rarely can feathers be two separate designs, and can be any color, including black or white.
    ☼ Stands typically about 15-17 hands tall; tallest ever recorded was 17.2 hh.
    ☼ Two types of Runners:
    xxxxx=Jumpers: Well-developed muscles in haunches; can jump 8 feet easily; the very best can sometimes clear
    xxxxxnine or ten foot jumps. They are most often found in the foothills and deep jungle. Usually stand on the higher end
    xxxxxof the height spectrum.
    xxxxx=Racers: These VPH are slightly smaller than the Jumpers, typically hovering around 15-16.1 hand high, and
    xxxxxare streamlined. They are unable to jump as high, but can reach speeds in excess of 50 miles per hour. They're
    xxxxxtypically found on the small area of plains on the Northeast side of the island, the beaches, and the lesser-packed
    xxxxxforests at the base of the mountains.

L I F E - S T Y L E
    The Valley Paradise Horse (or 'VPH', following their Highland brethren) are a much more hot-blooded breed of horse. Built as a perfect athlete, the VPH inhabit the lower areas of the island. Their short coat does not allow them to remain long in the cooler air of the mountains, and their thinner bodies would be easily hurt from a fall off one of the steep mountain slopes. Runners are better known for their speed and agility, but also their difficulty to train. Racers have poor stamina, and can run for only around half a mile at their full speed. Jumpers have much better stamina, hovering around 40 mph and able to run a mile to two miles at full speed, depending on terrain, but are most recognized for their jumping and dressage prowess. Both stallions and mares can compete in any style of competition, though mares are better suited to calmer sports (dressage, halter, etc.) due to their calmer personalities.

VPH are most often found in herds of six, with one lead stallion and anywhere from three to five mares that he defends. Bachelor herds (young stallions without mares of their own) typically wander the islands in groups of four to six, and often compete with each other for social dominance. Very rarely will you find stallions working together, as male VPH can be quite vicious when breeding season comes around. If a herd's stallion dies, the lead mare steps up to take command. A new stallion may take leadership only if he impresses the lead mare, and she relinquishes the throne to him.

VPH don't often mate for life, but it isn't unheard of. Some couples bond to each other so closely that often they will leave their herd, and join with other couples, sometimes creating herds of 3 or 4 bonded pairs. These pairs communicate by "whistling", or blowing air through a special membrane in their nostrils to form a song. Once their song has been created, this is how they find each other. Once a pair have bonded, they do not leave each other. The only way to break this bond is if one of them dies, and most often the widowed VPH will not take another mate.

Valley mares, due to their smaller frame, can typically only birth five healthy foals in her lifetime; after that, the chance of her birthing a healthy foal decreases greatly. Because of this, any mare up for adoption is only permitted five breedings, and for stallions, 7 coverings are permitted to owners. When breeding, you can submit this pedigree request, and your foal will either be accepted or rejected, and your Elysium horses bred.

As of right now, crossbreeds between the Highland horses and Valley horses are not permitted, though this may change in the future.
    You may request a traditional breeding, which costs one uncommon pet from any year. (♂+♀)
    Or you may request a Stem Cell breeding, which costs one rare Wishlist pet from any year. (♂+♂) or (♀+♀)
    If either of the parents are not yours, please ask the other owners to private message me their permissions!

Breeding is currently: Open/Closed
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username[/b]:
    [b]Breeding Type:[/b]
    [b]Parent One:[/b]
    [b]Parent Two:[/b]
    [b]Payment:[/b]
    [b]Make sure you send the trade![/b]

Current slots:
    1. Open
    2. Open
Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CE: Affiliates

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:08 am

--
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CE: Reserved

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:09 am

--
Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CE: Reserved

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:09 am

Now open for posting c:
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Caballus Elysium [[Open for posting!]]

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:12 am

These are so lovely. I'll definitely be on the look out for one <3
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JerseyDusk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:14 am

-rubs all over thread- pretty <33333

I love these darlings dearly
here but not really here, IYKYK
Image ImageImage
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
OC Site || Dusk til Dawn Equestrian || Adopted Characters || Art Shop || Arroyo Herd || WME's || Deviantart
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JerseyDusk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zvarjaciely » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:14 am

The edits look...different. xD I loved the old lineart that UPB oroginally posted; but this one is pretty good too! ^-^
Naturally, a mark. This is a lovely species. <3
come enter my lineart comp? you can win the ur apple, brown santa cat, and many more vrs!

username change may not be so temporary now

ηεε ηεε ραρα ωαιη ωο chουδαι
ηεε ηεε mοmmα
ηεε ηεε mοmmα

mυκαshι ηι ταbετα bοrοηεεzε ηο αηο αjι gα ωαsυrε rαrεηαιηδα

mαrυ καιτε chικyυυ
mαrυ καιτε chικyυυ
mαrυ καιτε chικyυυ
bοκυ hεταlια

mαrυ καιτε chικyυυ
jιττο mιτε chικyυυ
hyοττο shιτε chικyυυ