Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

Barn Owl by booklover789

Artist booklover789 [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Barn Owl

Postby booklover789 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:08 am

Timer-lies-by-around-20-minutes.

Considering I haven't drawn ANYTHING even LIKE birds since 2011*, I think I did pretty good. I'm actually really pleased with this. I am ESPECIALLY pleased with the tree - the bark looks great. X) The Barn Owl turned out well, too. I particularly like his beak and wing...and body structure...and pretty much everything. Really, I think this is my BEST bird artwork yet.

*Back in 2011, I attempted to draw a head-shot of a gryphon. I was just learning how to use the Oekaki, and...let's just say it didn't go too well. Looking back on that, I realize how much I've improved. Feel free to take a look yourself - but be warned: it's pretty bad.
viewtopic.php?t=593608

Reference: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yAL_qRpKOAY/T ... lpaper.jpg

THIS PIECE OF ART BELONGS TO ME; DO NOT STEAL. I WORKED VERY HARD ON THIS! YOU LIKE BEING STOLEN FROM? NO? THEN DON'T STEAL FROM ME!
This piece of art is for my personal use only, not for redistribution without MY permission.

Please read the quote below before you start complaining about how big or dark my sig is.
booklover789 wrote:
╬JesusFreak╬ wrote:
I really like it! You did awesome on the colors and her hair and the backround! But I've got one question: Why is the signature so big? Not trying to sound rude or anything, just wondering...

I don't want art theft. I always do a darker and larger sig ontop of the others so I'm COMPLETELY covered. If someone DOES decide to steal it, they would have to remove the sig. Which is harder than it sounds.

DerpyLuvr wrote:yeah, i wish you did a smaller signature, it wold have distracted us less from the picture. but anyways, its really good! i <3 MLP!!!

Yeah, I've gotten that a lot. X) But I still keep 'em on my pics. Protects 'em a bit more.

Anyway, glad you guys like it! :) After working so hard, it's nice to get some appreciation.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Barn Owl

Postby MidnightDawn0-0 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:58 pm

This is really cool and pretty <3

Last bumped by booklover789 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:58 pm.
Yo! Just some boring kid probably too old for this site. But as Walt Disney said, "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." Have a nice day whoever you may be!!!

Dawn|Female|straight|procrastinator at heart and always stressed (thanks school)

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

-Philippians 4:13

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

-John 3:16
MidnightDawn0-0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me